Author Topic: Give us your 1, 2, 3, 4 as at 19 August  (Read 5428 times)

Ramps

Re: Give us your 1, 2, 3, 4 as at 19 August
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2009, 08:49:16 PM »
I really don't know enough about Hinkley, Hardwick or Richardson to make an informed judgment. On the other hand I have seen enough of Jade to know he would be my last preference.

Stripes

Actually you make a good point there Stripes and with that in mind and using that criteria I stick to what I've believed all along

1. Rawlings
2. Richardson

3. Hinkley (and yes I have watched the video speech)

4. Hardwick

Rawlings is a huge NO for alot of supporters and I agree with them.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2009, 08:52:34 PM »

Ramps,

I have absolutely no problem with that and I know that there are very few (if any) people on this forum who share my view and that's fine.  :thumbsup

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2009, 08:53:32 PM »
Can't really split the top 3, they all have strengths and weaknesses. Would be nice if we could get more than one of them.

Yeah, good answer.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2009, 08:59:03 PM »
1. Hardwick or Hinkley  I don't care who, they will both do it tough.
2. Rawlings or Richardson  If we don't pick one of the top 2 then it really doesn't matter who out of these two that we pick. They of course will do it tough but alot tougher in my opinion than the first two.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2009, 09:10:30 PM »
Hardwick or Hinkley there is no 3rd or 4th.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2009, 09:21:47 PM »
It seems that Hardwick has been 'on the nose' with a lot of posters lately, by that I mean last 2 days, I wonder why that is.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2009, 10:20:03 PM »
Without witnessing the interviews it's hard to judge each applicant other than basing it on their past record as player and more importantly coach.

Hinkley
Pros:
Playing record: Played in 2 or 3 of Blight's Geelong runner-up sides after let go by Fitzroy. Finished 3rd in 1992 Brownlow.

Coached own side at lower levels: 3 Flags as senior coach in Hampden and Geelong leagues.

Been an Assistant coach: 7 years - St Kilda under Blight (2000) + Geelong under Thompson (2004-9) including 2007 flag. Was at Geelong end of 2006 when they had that "club culture review".

Cons:
Lesser profile than the others although well respected.

Hardwick
Pros:
Playing record: Dual premiership at Essendon under Sheeds and Port under Williams after being let go by Pagan at North. A reputation onfield of being hard, tough and ruthless. Current players would be more familiar with his playing days than the others since he retired only 5 years ago.

Been an Assistant coach: 5 years  - Hawthorn under Clarkson (2004-9) including 2008 flag. Was at Hawthorn for their second rebuild (similar to us now where we have plenty of youth that needs to be developed while cutting the deadwood).

Cons:
Never coached a side/club in his own right.
Has missed out on two jobs he's applied for previously (three if you believe North's spin).

Richardson
Pros:
Coached his own side at lower levels: East Burwood (EDFL) and Coburg (VFL). Two flags with East Burwood (1999-2000).

Been an Assistant/development coach: Bulldogs, Collingwood under Malthouse and now Essendon under Knighter.

Cons:
Unlike Hinkley and Hardwick hasn't yet experienced an AFL flag as player or as assistant coach. Missed out on the Pies 1990 flag.

Rawlings
Pros:
Coached his own side: Richmond (as caretaker) and Coburg (VFL).

Been an AFL Assistant coach: Richmond under Wallace.

Would know the current RFC players first hand. Strengths and weaknesses in detail.

Cons:
Never experienced an AFL flag as a player or coach.
Less experienced than the other three.
Caretaker role has gone downhill big time in the last 3 weeks since a promising start.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2009, 10:25:59 PM »

Richardson

Cons:
Unlike Hinkley and Hardwick hasn't yet experienced an AFL flag as player or as assistant coach. Missed out on the Pies 1990 flag.

MT, do you think there is a significant difference between winning an AFL flag and being ruled out of the eventual GF winning team that you've been a part of all season on GF eve?  Does it give you more or less motivation to win one as a coach?

Ramps

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2009, 11:23:17 PM »

Ramps,

I have absolutely no problem with that and I know that there are very few (if any) people on this forum who share my view and that's fine.  :thumbsup

Its not personal, in many ways it would have been good for Jade to get it, but if he takes this job that will be the end of his coaching career. The members, supporters, the coteries will go after him when it starts to go bad, at 31 years of age, he has plenty infront of him, Im sure he will get his chance, but he is going to be better off in the long run if we dont burn him now and not giving him a job that is probably to hard for 99% of coaches out there.

Offline Footy Brain.

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2009, 11:44:01 PM »
Dean Laidley STILL REMAINS THE BEST candidate, after Kevin Sheedy. There is no one in the "process list" that rates above him/them.

Good luck RFC. Monumental mistakes have already been made. Sheedy would have transformed the club.

It's just my opinion. I hope i am wrong. I just wish to see RFC become a formidable force.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2009, 12:22:09 AM »
hinkley all the way, and it has nothing to do with that video!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2009, 12:34:21 AM »
hinkley all the way, and it has nothing to do with that video!

What are you trying to tell us TT??
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2009, 07:24:39 AM »
Sheeds did have a succession plan,
He offered his services to the club with a succession plan .
March told him, the he didnt want him as coach. Thus Sheeds pulled out as a candidate -FACT
Major reason being that Sheeds wanted a ""complete clean out" of the club,all board members and all senior positions.
March told him to go and jump.

Have to say Jack that based on what you've written above Sheeds didn't deserve to be coach and I would have told him to go jump as well....

No perspective coach no matter who they are has the right to dictate a "complete cleanout"... sadly it sounds like a "jobs for the boys scenario" which is exactly what we don't need

Again based on what you've written I think one K Sheedy shot himself in the foot...

Jackstar is back

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2009, 08:31:33 AM »
Sheeds did have a succession plan,
He offered his services to the club with a succession plan .
March told him, the he didnt want him as coach. Thus Sheeds pulled out as a candidate -FACT
Major reason being that Sheeds wanted a ""complete clean out" of the club,all board members and all senior positions.
March told him to go and jump.

Have to say Jack that based on what you've written above Sheeds didn't deserve to be coach and I would have told him to go jump as well....

No perspective coach no matter who they are has the right to dictate a "complete cleanout"... sadly it sounds like a "jobs for the boys scenario" which is exactly what we don't need

Again based on what you've written I think one K Sheedy shot himself in the foot...

Why would any coach put up with an interfering board,  I actually dont blame Kevin, you see, thats the problem down at RFC, way too many know it alls, now we have CC ::) and RM ::)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2009, 01:07:17 PM »
Why would any coach put up with an interfering board,  I actually dont blame Kevin, you see, thats the problem down at RFC, way too many know it alls, now we have CC ::) and RM ::)

Jakc there is a massive difference between the board interfering and some bloke who wants to be coach saying everyone in a senior position must exit the building.

No coach no matter who they are and what there record is has the right to demand/dictate those sort of changes