Author Topic: Franklin / Lloyd / The Bump gone?  (Read 5526 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Franklin.
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2009, 07:42:44 PM »
Franklins bump was fair & what l go to the footy to see "HARD FOOTBALL"

Agree TM. You couldn't find a much harder footballer than Cuz i reckon. Doubt he'll be complaining too much about it, just one of those things.
So do you think it was a free kick to Cuz?
And remember when you answer he was bumped to the head- it does not matter what size difference there is between the two going the ball and whether it was accidental contact to the head.
Not only a free kick for mine but will be look at by the 'match review panel'

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2009, 07:45:01 PM »
this is bs
if it were richo doing the same hip and shoulder on judd we would be saying it aint fair, perfect shephard

i hate buddy, but he is being punished for being taller than cuz

what a load of poo, his elbow was tucked in, and the game is screwed.

NFI!!!!!!

TigerTimeII

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2009, 07:48:40 PM »
this is bs
if it were richo doing the same hip and shoulder on judd we would be saying it aint fair, perfect shephard

i hate buddy, but he is being punished for being taller than cuz

what a load of poo, his elbow was tucked in, and the game is screwed.

NFI!!!!!!

u have nfi!!!!

it was a great bump. elbow tucked in, just bad luck the cuz face kissed buddys shoulder. he didnt jump off the ground and executed the bump beautifully
ffs, the contact o the head was not intential, so u cannot punish a tall player cos another is a midget
u have no f i

just as the rules committee has no fi , big tone with lil pewee

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2009, 07:53:38 PM »
I don't think Duddy should be reported for the hit on Ben as it is my opinion that it was just part of footy, but the umpire who was in close proximity should be dropped for at least the rest of the season, including finals, for not paying a free kick for the serious head high contact, now matter how much it is a part of the game.

The AFL has been blatantly clear about its attitude and direction to the officials and players about head high contact.

The AFL has been blatantly clear about it attitude and direction to the official and players about contact with an umpire, and the AFL always protects umpires against contact from players.

The umpire saw what happened from close quarters and chose not to pay a free kick. The decision was in clear contravention of the AFL rules.

It was the wrong decision and it was not the only wrong decision that this umpire made throughout the game.

The football supporting public accept that umpires make mistakes, but they do not accept seeing players pole-axed without penalty.

Surely if the umpire doesn't penalise the offending player, then the umpire should be penalised for not upholding one of the safety tenets required by the AFL towards its employees.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2009, 08:01:20 PM »
the head high rule was brought into play to primarily protect the player with his head over the ball, not when a hip and shoulder is executed correctley

so if a short arse hips a taller player and heavy contact is made in the leg region and causes say a hip or knee injury, should the short arse be charged for rough play causing an injury ffs no way

like i saud if this was richo and he got done for the same thing we would be screaming!

except for liltone

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2009, 08:16:47 PM »
No incorrect. Anyone who has played footy knows you aim with the tip of your shoulder when you bump, accidental is irrelevant since when you elect to bump youare liable for any contact to the head.

Wasn't a good bump.. Would have been a good bump if he drilled him in his sternum.. Buddys a fat clumsy dope that threw his weight around and was always going to injure someone. If he dud it within the rules fine by me, you can't make contact with the head under any circumstances. It's written in black and white.

Times have changed you can't have clumsy flogs running around through blokes temples..
Go Tigers!

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2009, 08:25:15 PM »
the head high rule was brought into play to primarily protect the player with his head over the ball, not when a hip and shoulder is executed correctley

so if a short behind hips a taller player and heavy contact is made in the leg region and causes say a hip or knee injury, should the short behind be charged for rough play causing an injury ffs no way

like i saud if this was richo and he got done for the same thing we would be screaming!

except for liltone
Once again you are showing just how stupid you really are!
"so if a short behind hips"..... bla bla bla! NFI
Learn the rules you massive flog!!!
You are an arm chair fool that has probably never played football in your life.
And you are a f#@king d1ckhead!  :thumbsup

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2009, 08:37:59 PM »
Head high contact is head high contact

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2009, 08:43:24 PM »
Head high contact is head high contact

so says Mick Sheehan.

thanks for those powerful words of wisdom you moron. :thumbsup

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2009, 09:25:14 PM »
Should have been a free kick because of the contact to the head but I don't think it is a reportable

However the problem I had was Franklin's knees into the lower part of Cuz' cranium after the bump - that was weak
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2009, 10:54:16 PM »
Should have been a free kick because of the contact to the head but I don't think it is a reportable

However the problem I had was Franklin's knees into the lower part of Cuz' cranium after the bump - that was weak

Yep agree 100% WP.

Although the rule as far as I know it is, if you elect to hip and shoulder, bump, charge what ever you want to call it you must have duty of care not to make contact with the opposition players head. Regardless if they had the ball, standing still, 150cms or 2 meters tall. The rule is in black and white.

Maxwell was originally giving 3 weeks by the match review panel. How was this any different

Intentional
In Play
High Contact
High Impact (Broken Jaw/Knocked out Concussion), maybe argue Medium Impact.

Thats more than 100 points.

Gawnski. Cant imagine he has a good record.
Go Tigers!

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2009, 01:56:36 AM »

so if a short behind hips a taller player and heavy contact is made in the leg region and causes say a hip or knee injury, should the short behind be charged for rough play causing an injury ffs no way

except for liltone
You are wrong, the head high rule was bought in to curb the large amounts of concussion injuries! We had head high rules for those with their head over the ball bought in and then we had another bought in to try stop the shirt fronts later!I think it is termed unduly rough play in that forceful front on contact? Pickett was the instigator for that rule coming in i believe.

We must move on from the seventies! The game is faster and the players are getting bigger! We need to protect the players or we risk having parents not allowing their kids to play or someone suffering from a brain injury!

Tigermonk

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2009, 07:21:12 AM »
it was a fair bump & ruled correctly by the umpire.
both players were on thier feet, its just unfortunate one was taller than the other.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2009, 08:46:00 AM »

be careful, BIGTONE WILL EAT YOU!!!!

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2009, 09:03:32 AM »
Without concentrating too much on the rules of the game, umps interpretation and all that I thought it was a good hit.  Elbow was tucked in, Cuz was going the dodge and got nailed big time.  As a player I would have been happy to give away a free kick if I nailed someone like that.

As the first quote in this thread mentioned McMahons tackling I have to add that the one on Sewell was another in a long list of pathetic tackling efforts by the McMuppet.  What an embarrassment.