Author Topic: Franklin / Lloyd / The Bump gone?  (Read 5533 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Franklin / Lloyd / The Bump gone?
« on: August 22, 2009, 11:15:02 PM »
A few things first..

Dear Mr McMahon, if you wish to continue your career as a professional footballer as a backman please learn how to tackle. Who ever taught you to throw your arms around the shoulders is pulling your chain. Just a heads up aim for the hips. Those tackles on Franklin was really hard to watch. Moorabin is South of Melbourne by the way.

Re: Bump on Cousins.
Have heard all of teh discussion and taking out all of the emotion from it I have come to a conclusion.
- 100% free kick. Shocking Umpiring
- Can't be suspended since Maxwell's bump to the West Coast player was 10 times worse
- Future Hip and Shoulders with contact to Head - 100% Automatic suspension. I was aware this was the case but since somehow Maxwell got off Franklin can't get done in my view. As much as we miss the biff I can't agree with anyone that wants to allow KO's fair game. As a player you elect to go for teh bumnp if you can't do it well enough to aim for the sternum down you run the risk of getting suspended it's as simple as that IMO.

Re: Attack on ball
Killed us. We had nothing anything as close to his attack on the ball tonight except for Graham Polak, a recovering trauma victim. Says alot. Yes we tried but no one attacked te ball harder for us than Polak, in all respect to Graham that's just unacceptable.

Re: Last Free Kick of the game.
I hope he lost his tooth. On ya Rancey boy glad someone gave him something to go home with.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 04:15:45 PM by one-eyed »
Go Tigers!

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Franklin.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 11:22:10 PM »
Think the bottom line pope is we "HAVE TO" create a culture where we start getting away and rewarded for these actions. It hasn't happened for 25 years and it has to change.
Can think of a million examples over the years and it really pizzes me off.
We get nothing from the umps ever and they are the lowest of the low - What lyes underneath the pond scum at the bottom of the pond - Umpys ! That's what .....

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 11:46:34 PM »
I think culture is such a soft excuse.

Each season has its own culture and squad slightly different.

Its all completely mental we need some confidence injected, we're in horrible lack of quality senior player. Apart from Cousins our best player is 22 years old in Deledio. Richo doesn't count as he's been injured but I prob put Richo higher.

With all due respect to Chris Newman, all premiership teams ahve been driven around a disciplined game plan that has been strictly followed by majority of players and lead by some great leadership. New coach to come in and start fresh with Brett to be captain next year. New duo and leadership with a strict regime to follow a game plan suited to the playing list and there is your new culture for the next season.

I'm sick of hearing the word culture. It's bullsh!t cliche. It's just a word for the players not being disciplined enough to work as a team. That is all to do with leadership.
Go Tigers!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 11:51:34 PM »
one of Buddy's goal was a direct result of Mcmahon laying something which resembled a slight grab which he may call a tackle.

stuff me dead this guy is a complete waste of space, beaten only marginally by that black belt clown zig.

mcmahon and symmonds our version of zig and zag
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 01:55:01 AM by one-eyed »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 01:45:35 AM »
How does McMahon get a game :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 05:57:29 AM »
Re: Bump on Cousins.
Have heard all of teh discussion and taking out all of the emotion from it I have come to a conclusion.
- 100% free kick. Shocking Umpiring
- Can't be suspended since Maxwell's bump to the West Coast player was 10 times worse
- Future Hip and Shoulders with contact to Head - 100% Automatic suspension. I was aware this was the case but since somehow Maxwell got off Franklin can't get done in my view. As much as we miss the biff I can't agree with anyone that wants to allow KO's fair game. As a player you elect to go for teh bumnp if you can't do it well enough to aim for the sternum down you run the risk of getting suspended it's as simple as that IMO.
I thought the new interpretation was if you decide to bump instead of tackle then you have a duty of care to avoid the head of your opponent  ???.

I was more annoyed and flabberghasted as how that wasn't a free kick  :banghead as the point of Buddy's shoulder collected Cuz in the jaw. Yep Cuz was concussed and seeing stars after the contact due to thin air  ::). Moron muppet screwed up a competitive game of footy and killed it off then and there with the double goal (dumb Lukey dumb btw in front of the ump).

Let's not forget the swan dive by Buddy in the first quarter after swinging his arm as Lukey. Give the guy an Oscar.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

richmondrules

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 08:22:35 AM »
To be honest I didn't think there was a lot in it. I only saw it on the replay a couple of times on the scoreboard so I may have missed something but it looked like a pretty fair hip and shoulder to me. His elbow was down and the reason he collected Cuz's head was because he's so much taller than him. Cuz had the ball so the bump was a reasonable thing to do.

Agree, hate Franklin, but not for that.

Tigermonk

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 08:34:52 AM »
Franklins bump was fair & what l go to the footy to see "HARD FOOTBALL"

What l dont like to see at top league football is weak pathetic footballers who get knocked over like McMahon & Edwards

SURELY THIS IS THE END OF THE LINE FOR McMAHON  :banghead :banghead :banghead

anyone thinking any club will chase him after that performance is deleded cause he has no value, he can't even carry his own weight properly

richmondrules

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 08:44:01 AM »

Agree TM. You couldn't find a much harder footballer than Cuz i reckon. Doubt he'll be complaining too much about it, just one of those things.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 08:59:15 AM »
Just watched the replay on Foxtel ( dont know why )
Rance should of hit Buddy harder

Tigermonk

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 09:00:07 AM »

Agree TM. You couldn't find a much harder footballer than Cuz i reckon. Doubt he'll be complaining too much about it, just one of those things.

its a wake-up call to Cousins to protect himself better
otherwise he will get knocked out a few more times cause he leaves himself open too often
His taken a beaten this year, its sad l'm seeing some of his team-mates shying away from contests

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2009, 09:20:19 AM »

What l dont like to see at top league football is weak pathetic footballers who get knocked over like McMahon & Edwards

anyone thinking any club will chase him after that performance is deleded cause he has no value, he can't even carry his own weight properly

i been saying it for ages TM Edwards is not an AFL footballer he is a product of TW> short and skinny who gets bowled over at every opportunity.

Mcmahon first to go but i tell ya we should throw Edwards up for trade over to the Eagles as a small forward.

im sick of carrying these skinny little players that CANNOT hold a tackle.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Tigermonk

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 09:29:40 AM »

i been saying it for ages TM Edwards is not an AFL footballer he is a product of TW> short and skinny who gets bowled over at every opportunity.

Mcmahon first to go but i tell ya we should throw Edwards up for trade over to the Eagles as a small forward.

im sick of carrying these skinny little players that CANNOT hold a tackle.

you know there are alot of skinny players in the AFL but none of them play like Edwards
Look at that carlton runt yesterday now he has skills & showed them & yet does not get bashed around like Edwards does  :rollin

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2009, 07:09:35 PM »
FOX SPORTS
Hawthorn star Lance Franklin to face video scrutiny for hit on Cousins
August 23, 2009 .

After being the centre of attention on Saturday night, Hawthorn star Lance Franklin will now face some unwanted scrutiny from the AFL match review panel.

Franklin did everything as the Hawks beat Richmond by 42 points at the MCG, kicking 5.6 and using brute force to brush aside Tigers defenders.

He also concussed Ben Cousins with a solid bump and the panel is certain to look at the incident. Franklin's bump was legitimate, but it collected Cousins' head.

The big Hawks forward also received plenty of physical attention and finished the match with a bloodied tooth. Just before the final siren, he gave away a 50-metre penalty and it is understood he had sworn at the umpires for not noticing some contact to his face.

Apparently the same tooth that was knocked out a fortnight ago in Launceston was loosened in the clash.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25969636-23209,00.html

TigerTimeII

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2009, 07:38:01 PM »
this is bs
if it were richo doing the same hip and shoulder on judd we would be saying it aint fair, perfect shephard

i hate buddy, but he is being punished for being taller than cuz

what a load of poo, his elbow was tucked in, and the game is screwed.