Author Topic: BEN COUSINS [merged]  (Read 214671 times)

Ox

Re: BEN COUSINS [merged]
« Reply #1380 on: May 29, 2011, 06:35:01 PM »
Crack baby from both sides of its parents.
Sad

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1381 on: May 29, 2011, 06:47:01 PM »
Ch 7 news said Cuz is going to be a dad.

And it took a DNA paternity test for him to believe it. Ugly.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Tigermonk

« Reply #1382 on: May 29, 2011, 10:58:54 PM »
Move on
dont make judgement on a person like him who is a far better person & stronger than many give hime credit for.
Give his family & Ben all the support he needs. dont judge him of his faults, he proved he can play football. he needs help from all football supporters regardless of any club. he gave us many years of entertainment at its best, absolute best. HELP BEN he helped us. He gave us absolute 100% football viewing. give him absolute 100% support. l will be  :gotigers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1383 on: May 30, 2011, 02:09:49 AM »
Ch 7 news said Cuz is going to be a dad.

FORMER AFL star Ben Cousins has announced he is going to be a father, at the same time as his father and close friends reportedly say he has been going through "troubled times" and that his life is losing direction.

Cousins' girlfriend of 2 1/2 years, Maylea Tinecheff, unexpectedly became pregnant 20 weeks ago and is due to give birth in early October.

The 33-year-old West Coast Eagles champion told the latest edition of New Idea that while the pregnancy was not planned, he was looking forward to fatherhood changing his life.

Cousins and Ms Tinecheff, 38, now live in Perth after moving from Melbourne last year when Cousins retired from the AFL.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/dad-to-be-cousins-off-the-rails-family-fears/story-e6frg7mf-1226065210732

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1384 on: May 30, 2011, 10:40:40 AM »
Thankfully the Cousins circus has moved out of Tigerland.

Tigermonk

« Reply #1385 on: May 30, 2011, 11:26:27 AM »
Thankfully the Cousins circus has moved out of Tigerland.

he may have moved on, But our younger mids learnt alot from his time there.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1386 on: May 30, 2011, 08:21:56 PM »
he may have moved on, But our younger mids learnt alot from his time there.

Stay off the gear?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1387 on: June 09, 2011, 02:37:37 AM »
Ben Cousins working with East Perth Royals youngsters

Nancy McDonald
    June 08, 2011 3:26PM

FORMER West Coast champion Ben Cousins has taken on a voluntary unpaid role as a mentor to a select group of youngsters with WAFL club East Perth.

Royals football operations manager Mark Winnett confirmed the Brownlow medallist had agreed to mentor a select group of players and had been doing so for some time.

He said the role was "a small one" designed to further develop the players' skills and was not permanent.

"Ben, if he were fit and healthy, would make a great coach anywhere but for the moment he has just taken on a small voluntary role," Winnett told PerthNow.

"He is enjoying it and we're enjoying having him.

"He's been teaching a handful of young guys ... and has invaluable advice and information for young players."

Cousins has returned to Perth to live after retiring from Richmond and the AFL last year.

He announced last week that he and partner Maylea Tinecheff were expecting their first child together.

East Perth coach Tony Micale said the presence of Cousins at team training had significantly lifted the playing group.

"I can tell you training went through the roof the first night he was here," Micale told Nine News. "He's just been terrific to have around the club."

Micale and Royals assistant coach David Hynes have kept in constant touch with Cousins from their time at the West Coast Eagles, and Micale believes Cousins can be a terrific coach someday.

"I think he'd love to coach," he said. "I think he'd be an outstanding coach. The problem is that is he's not quite sure whether he wants to be committed to that obligation that coaching requires."

But could Cousins pull on the black and blue jumper anytime soon?

"We've thrown those things at him," Micale grinned. "He never says never, Ben, but I don't think that will happen."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/cousins-working-with-royals-youngsters/story-e6frf9jf-1226071807557

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1388 on: June 09, 2011, 01:24:04 PM »
Old footballers..whatever happened to?'

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1389 on: June 09, 2011, 03:42:39 PM »
Move on
dont make judgement on a person like him who is a far better person & stronger than many give hime credit for.
Give his family & Ben all the support he needs. dont judge him of his faults, he proved he can play football. he needs help from all football supporters regardless of any club. he gave us many years of entertainment at its best, absolute best. HELP BEN he helped us. He gave us absolute 100% football viewing. give him absolute 100% support. l will be  :gotigers

:clapping me too :gotigers

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1390 on: June 09, 2011, 03:57:01 PM »
Old footballers..whatever happened to?'

How come you hate Cousins so much?  ???

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1391 on: June 09, 2011, 04:42:01 PM »
How come you hate Cousins so much?  ???

I don't hate him. Just pleased Richmond no longer have to put up with the antics associated with him.
I have no idea why frivolous articles about him are still posted on the main boards either seeing as he is no longer a Tiger.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1392 on: June 18, 2011, 05:11:04 AM »
Cuz could be pulling on the boots again - for East Perth...

Cousins exploring a Royal return to football
By Tim Clarke
18 June 2011

WEST Coast legend and recovering drug addict Ben Cousins could be on the verge of an unlikely return to football, with WAFL club East Perth reportedly exploring an option to register him as a player.

Cousins has been in and around the Royals in recent weeks, helping out a selected group of colts players in a unofficial, part-time coaching capacity.

Cousins was seen in the coaching box at East Perth’s reserves game last weekend, as he continues his recovering from a well-documented drug addiction.

With the impending arrival of his first child later this year, Cousins has been exploring employment opportunities around Perth, and has been in touch with prominent football management identities in WA to discuss his future.

And according to reports in the WA media on Saturday, those options could include a possible playing return – which would provide a massive boost to the local league and no doubt create considerable national interest.

Cousins last game as his final outing for Richmond at the end of last season, after two years in Tigers colours following his contentious suspension for bringing the AFL into disrepute.

That followed his suspension and eventual sacking from West Coast following a stellar career which included a premiership, a Brownlow medal – but also eventual disgrace triggered by his addiction to drugs.

A hugely publicised documentary, and a tell-all book followed his retirement.

East Perth coach Tony Micale had previously all but ruled out a possible playing return for Cousins, but did admit the idea had been floated.

"We've thrown those things at him," Micale told Nine News.

"He never says never, Ben, but I don't think that will happen."

"I can tell you training went through the roof the first night he was here.

"He's just been terrific to have around the club."

"I think he'd love to coach.

"I think he'd be an outstanding coach. The problem is that is he's not quite sure whether he wants to be committed to that obligation that coaching requires."

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/06/18/cousins-exploring-a-royal-return-to-football/

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1393 on: June 18, 2011, 02:52:49 PM »
"I think he'd love to coach.

"I think he'd be an outstanding coach. The problem is that is he's not quite sure whether he wants to be committed to that obligation that coaching requires."
Football seems to give Cuz's life some structure and keeps him busy. He obviously has the modern footy knowledge to pass on as coach and our cubs raved about him as a footy mentor but as the article says it's up to Cuz whether he has the commitment to coaching to make a career out of it.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

gerkin greg

« Reply #1394 on: June 20, 2011, 12:04:27 PM »
Need to get him back to work with the stand-alone reserves side, out of the spotlight.