Author Topic: Rawlings' last aftermatch media conference  (Read 2785 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Rawlings' last aftermatch media conference
« on: August 29, 2009, 02:39:58 AM »
Brown, Coughlan Tigers no more
richmondfc.com.au
By Matt Brown | Sat 29 August, 2009

RICHMOND’S outgoing caretaker coach Jade Rawlings says he is “pretty wrecked” after another tumultuous season at Richmond ended with an 80-point loss to the West Coast Eagles at Subiaco Oval on Friday night.

On a night when the club farewelled departing duo Nathan Brown and Mark Coughlan, Richmond could manage only one goal after half time in a performance Rawlings labelled as “absolutely disgraceful.”

The Tigers failed to find any inspiration from the pre-match announcement that both Coughlan and Brown would be playing their final games for the club.

Coughlan, 27, played 92 games in nine seasons at Tigerland between 2001 and 2009 and won the Jack Dyer Medal for the club’s best and fairest in 2003.

However, his career was cut short by a series of knee injuries, including successive reconstructions that kept him out of the game for more than two years.

Brown, 31, joined Richmond at the end of 2003 after seven seasons at the Western Bulldogs and played 82 games in six years at the club, for a career total of 219.

Like Coughlan, Brown’s output at Richmond was curtailed by injury – in his case, a horrific broken leg suffered in round 10, 2005 against Melbourne. 

Rawlings said he thought the players would be fired up to ensure their teammates left on a winning note after a pre-game video presentation.

“(But) I picked signs big time at the start of the game when (the Eagles) were starting to waltz out of clearances and step through our tackles.

“We were able to compete for five or ten minutes and snag a goal early and then think we’re looking okay, but then they just cracked us… just everything they did was just far, far greater than anything we did.”

Rawlings, who took over from Terry Wallace in round 12 but lost out to Damien Hardwick for the role next year, said he was proud of what he had achieved.     

“Over the course of the 11-week journey, I’ve been really proud of [the players] and when you’re proud of a group and they serve up something like that it gives you a fair level of disappointment,” he said.

“I think that they’ve shown elements of improvement over probably the first seven weeks and in the last month they’ve just limped to the line.

“It’s been a pretty tumultuous sort of year for the footy club, full-stop. 

“We’ve been through a fair bit [but] unfortunately their new coach will have a pretty bad taste in his mouth after what he saw tonight.”

Rawlings said he hoped that he can continue his involvement in coaching in some capacity at an AFL level.

“After I found out I wasn’t getting the job, I think I [had] brought energy to the role and I wanted to offer the same level of energy for the last two weeks,” he said.

“So I’ll meet with Damien next week and have a chat about what his plans are for the footy club and if I have a role in it.

“I’m actually pretty wrecked after a big year with the VFL and being close to Terry and what happened and then coaching. So I just need to have a bit of a rest and work out what’s going to the best plan moving forward.

“Hopefully there are opportunities out there and people think I’d be of some worth but that’s for others to judge.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/83744/default.aspx

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Re: Rawlings' last aftermatch media conference
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 03:13:16 AM »
It will be a miracle if he ever coaches another AFL club again
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 07:32:08 AM »
It will be a miracle if he ever coaches another AFL club again

out of his depth.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Jackstar is back

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 07:49:22 AM »
He is down to the last two candidates with Eltham Under 12,s.
Sportingbet odds for Jade are $1.45 to get the job. :thumbsup.
Will be a revulation in the junior ranks :thumbsup

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 08:41:19 AM »

Jack

You need to learn how to use a spellchecker.

Might help your credibility.

;)

Jackstar is back

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 08:45:39 AM »

Jack

You need to learn how to use a spellchecker.

Might help your credibility.

;)

Mate. am doing 10 things at once :lol

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 08:52:50 AM »
Here's a link for anyone who wants to watch Jade's last press conference.
http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/204077

bushranger

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 09:22:35 AM »
He sounded peaed off, and like he wont be at the club next year.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 10:06:15 AM »
So much hate in your life, Jack! I feel sorry for you as you must so inadequate to bag everyone as you do!

Jackstar is back

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 10:22:49 AM »
So much hate in your life, Jack! I feel sorry for you as you must so inadequate to bag everyone as you do!

Mate , all good fun.
Not my fault there aspirations are greater than there actual abilty.
He shouldnt of put his hand up then. ::)

TigerTimeII

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 10:59:14 AM »
how can any man gain any respect when he has a girls name

at least john wayne had the common sence to change his name , even though he was a horese hoof

only 2 men in this world can have a girls name and have respect

Gene Simmons and Alice Cooper!!!!!

the rest can all fo

Offline Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 11:04:35 AM »

at least john wayne had the common sence to change his name , even though he was a horese hoof

the rest can all fo
I have a friend who's name is Jade. A mans man he is! Fights like a machine and rarely loses a stoush! He has respect as he is a genuine nice bloke but when he crossed he lashes! One thing though for certain is he doesnt sit behind a computer as an anonymous little human and pay people out for things that are out of his control, he would rather do that face to face!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 11:11:42 AM »

News just in the Dad of the Centre Half Back at Eltham U12's has just got the job.
Jade is said to be devastated and has asked for Tony Shaw's phone number as he would liked to be groomed as an on air RFC hater for totally destroying his psyche and his life.

The new Under 12 coach was said to be over the moon claiming my mum could have put up a better show if she ran for the job claiming coaching the RFC is like shovelling poo in the elephant enclosure at the Melbourne Zoo. In so many words a job not many want due to the day to day stench that is associated with it. Jade did the best he could do under the circumstances. As part of his appointment the Under 12 coach stated I don't want to see one particular Eltham resident anywhere near our games. He has destroyed one AFL club I don't need him hanging around and doing more damage. This particular Eltham resident was not available for comment believed to be currently trapped in a solarium.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 11:12:50 AM »

the rest can all fo
I have a friend who's name is Jade. A mans man he is! Fights like a machine and rarely loses a stoush! He has respect as he is a genuine nice bloke but when he crossed he lashes! One thing though for certain is he doesnt sit behind a computer as an anonymous little human and pay people out for things that are out of his control, he would rather do that face to face!

lol

bring it on gimp!!!!!

lol i have a friend who has a friend bla bla bla

well done gimp, you have a friend, im sure u love bending over for him!

Offline Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2009, 11:31:31 AM »

the rest can all fo

lol

bring it on gimp!!!!!

lol i have a friend who has a friend bla bla bla

well done gimp, you have a friend, im sure u love bending over for him!

I find your comments offensive! Gimp? That is disgusting! I dont want to fight you, im just stating a fact! some people let actions speak others just rabble on to hibe their deficiencies! i do have a friend named jade and he is a mans man,it wasnt a threat! Well actually when i think about maybe you were feeling threatened!