Author Topic: Would you trade Jack Riewoldt?  (Read 5238 times)

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Would you trade Jack Riewoldt?
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 02:39:06 PM »
7-10? No chance, he was around that mark in one of the strongest drafts in years.
Would need to be much more than that, not sure how you can say he's only a 3rd tall anyway, he's 193cm
He may not play like a dominating FF/CHF because he doesn't have the build yet

I've wondered for a long time if that 193cm is correct. He looks (and certainly plays as you mention) a lot shorter. 193 would be the same as Nick.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2009, 02:47:58 PM »
I know as a junior he ran with a strange hunched shoulders action. I haven't really paid attention to it since.
I think in an interview he said he was taller than nick by about 0.5cm in height

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2009, 04:29:43 PM »
                                             INSIDE 50s

rd 19    Richmond 37      Sydney 53
rd 20    Richmond 33      Collingwood 67
rd 21    Richmond 39      Hawthorn 66
rd 22    Richmond 35      West Coast 56

Average Richmond 36     opposition 60.5

Take into account that the ball is being delivered into the forward line by the most unskillful team in the comp.
It would be a terrible time to be a Richmond forward.
That sums it up for me. Our gamestyle is so terribly slow and inefficient and it's hard to move forward quickly and kick goals when the team lacks basic structure and those downfield can't hit the side of a barn. It's those downfield we should be trading.

No doubt we need find a big key forward as Jack isn't a No.1 key forward but Jack's kicked 32.27 from 20 games in his 3rd year. Which is more than even his cousin or Fev kicked in their 3rd year. What Jack needs to do is get into the gym over summer and build up his leg muscles so he can kick with greater penetration and accuracy.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Jackstar is back

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2009, 05:20:11 PM »
I still can't believe what I am reading, ok then let's trade or delist all the youth out of the club, gee that's going forward, with Rance and Riewoldt gone we are making progress aren't we????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Rance is awefully slow.

Rememer this, 1994 we traded our leading goal kicker and club captain for Broderick and Michael Gale. WE made the finals the following year

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2009, 05:32:59 PM »
I still can't believe what I am reading, ok then let's trade or delist all the youth out of the club, gee that's going forward, with Rance and Riewoldt gone we are making progress aren't we????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Rance is awefully slow.

Rememer this, 1994 we traded our leading goal kicker and club captain for Broderick and Michael Gale. WE made the finals the following year

So we trade Morton and Newman.

Hmmmm

Jackstar is back

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2009, 05:39:26 PM »

Rance is awefully slow.

So we trade Morton and Newman.

Hmmmm

You see, all the supporters fall in love with them.
I like Reiwoldt but hasnt had a kick for 5 weeks,.
EVERYONE IS TRADEABLE

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2009, 06:10:54 PM »
Can we trade you, I would even take Joffa and throw in Jon - LOL. I belive what you are really saying at the right price anybody is tradeable.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2009, 06:13:41 PM »
Bad Call. No.

Better than Hawkins, Dowler, J.Grant, Watts (at present), White, Westhoff and many others at this stage.

Bout the only better young forwards going around that I would have rather than J.Riewoldt would be Kurt Tippet and J.Kennedy.

Just let him play guys.
Go Tigers!

Jackstar is back

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2009, 06:19:22 PM »
Can we trade you, I would even take Joffa and throw in Jon - LOL. I belive what you are really saying at the right price anybody is tradeable.

At the right price, anyone is tradeable.
Camboon for barbara at the Blues. LOL

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2009, 07:28:01 PM »
Jack is only a 3rd tall forward at best. Would anyone be prepared to trade Jack Riewoldt?

I wouldn't trade him, I think he is developing very well and will be an excellent player in the future.  A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush (or in this case two in a diluted draft).

He's a keeper.