Author Topic: Dustin Martin - 300 games [merged]  (Read 937808 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #2400 on: September 16, 2013, 07:46:40 PM »
Just on AFL360

Gerard Whately reckons:

* Richmond handed its final contract offer to Carr 2 Fridays ago (Friday before ouyr final)
* gave Martin camp 7 days to reply.
* Carr came back to RFC yesterday and asked for another 7 days
* RFC refused and this morning removed their contract offer off the table
* says currently Martin has no Contract offer from RFC
* Whateley adamant Martin will not be at RFC in 2014 will be at GWS or Melb

Robbo:
* RFC believes Carr has been shopping Martin around for at least 3-4 months
* agreed with Gerrard that Martin camp asked for another 7 days
* believes something major has happened in the last few days for it to break down the way it has (but typical Robbo wouldn't say what but it will be in tomorrows HUN  ::))
* said that RFC risk losing him for nothing
* reckons both sides need to take a few steps back and head back to the table to talk
* said this was always about who'd "blink first"
* has no idea what will happen and where Martin will end up
* But RFc need to be sdmart of they could lose him for NOTHING
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #2401 on: September 16, 2013, 07:47:10 PM »
My feelings are that he has had more than adequate thinking time, and is now to the detriment of the club is trying on a bit of a stunt with his manager.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2402 on: September 16, 2013, 07:48:43 PM »
My feeling hasn't changed he needs to turf the manager

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2403 on: September 16, 2013, 07:51:02 PM »
Here is the turd responsible....Looks like the lovechild of Daryl Somers and Gavin Wood.

:lol

That's a shocking rug!!

Clients include Travis Cloke and Akermanis according to his website.

Maybe he's taking grooming tips from David?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #2404 on: September 16, 2013, 07:51:12 PM »
That would be a bloody disaster, and why ain't conca been signed. First thing I'd do to get some positive pr is get this kid locked away
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

gerkin greg

« Reply #2405 on: September 16, 2013, 07:58:19 PM »
every thing is gonna burn we'll all take turns I'll get mine too

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #2406 on: September 16, 2013, 08:00:06 PM »
 :thumbsup
That would be a bloody disaster, and why ain't conca been signed. First thing I'd do to get some positive pr is get this kid locked away
[/quote

:clapping
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2407 on: September 16, 2013, 08:00:37 PM »
Demons confirm interest in luring Dustin Martin

By Peter Ryan
afl.com.au
Monday, September 16, 2013

MELBOURNE is awaiting a response from Dustin Martin's management before determining its next step in pursuit of the exciting Richmond midfielder.   

The club's new coach Paul Roos has discussed Martin's future with the 22-year-old's manager Ralph Carr as the club attempts to bolster its midfield.

Roos has previously indicated he would be prepared to trade the club's No.2 pick if the right player was available, in order to add talent immediately to Melbourne's list.

Demons' football manager Josh Mahoney said the club had made initial contact with Martin's management.

"Melbourne did make enquiries to his management about his intentions for next year," Mahoney said. "We are waiting to hear back from them before we discuss any next steps we might take as a club."

Richmond shocked football watchers on Monday when it released a statement indicating that Martin wanted to test the market and was open to offers from other clubs.

The Tigers have been in negotiations with the midfielder for several months but have been unable to secure his signature. Richmond reached the finals this year for the first time since 2001 and looks to be building an exciting squad for the future.

The club remains hopeful it may still retain Martin but it is unwilling to compromise its player payments strategy to keep one player, regardless of his talent.

Richmond is looking to establish a flatter payments structure similar that employed by recently successful clubs.

Football manager Dan Richardson made it clear Martin remained a required player.

"We are proud of the way Dustin has developed as a footballer, and as a person, in his time at Richmond, and we have been steadfast in our view that he is a required player who has an exciting football career ahead of him," Richardson said.

Melbourne is keen to build both talent and depth through its midfield. It averaged just 40 inside 50s per game in 2013 and finished with a percentage of 54.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-16/demons-confirm-interest-in-luring-dustin-martin

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2408 on: September 16, 2013, 08:15:27 PM »
yep, turf him off the westgate.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2409 on: September 16, 2013, 08:15:32 PM »
Hmmmm pick 2

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2410 on: September 16, 2013, 08:17:16 PM »
And FFs burn that rug off his head

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #2411 on: September 16, 2013, 08:20:08 PM »
Dustin Martin ‏@DustinMartin4 twitter (in the last 10 mins)

"There have been a lot of conflicting stories going around about myself and the Richmond Footy Club. At the weekend, I asked my manager

Ralph Carr to request an extension of time from Richmond, to allow me to fully consider the options about my future. This decision was made

purely by me, together with my family. As you can understand, this is a very important decision for myself and my family and one that

I won't make lightly. I want to make it clear that I appreciate everyone's patience in allowing me the time to make this decision.

. The claims that I have walked out on the Richmond Football Club are totally incorrect. I can tell you that at this time, no decision has

Been made regarding my future"

Ok, so by this what is everyone's feeling now?
Mine has changed and it sounds like management games to me. I hope Dusty stays and thinks about all the friendships he as at RFC, he won't be as successful anywhere else and plus not too mention that he is cult figure at the Tigerland. My son is 4 and has the jumper etc and I know I am not the only patent in this boat. C'Mon supporters make some noise he is an important ingredient to our secret herbs and spices and he is only a 4 year player. Right got it off my chest.

My thoughts exactly. On SEN this arvo Robbo said (and I really have to say at this point I don't rate Robbo much as a journo) that the decision making process from here is often swayed by team mates, and people from the club. If they can convince him to stay, he probably will, especially over a matter of 70-100k. Depends on how much the playing group and coaches want him around, as to how influential they'll be. Personally, I feel its a still a 50/50. Agree totally that its just rubbish games between the prick of a manager and the club. Club would feel he's lost some of his leverage after the handcuffs signal in the final, manager wants to prove that they haven't.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2412 on: September 16, 2013, 08:20:56 PM »
My feelings are that he has had more than adequate thinking time, and is now to the detriment of the club is trying on a bit of a stunt with his manager.

I agree. By end of the season most players know such as Ablett and Scully if they was going to stick around or not. Both ended up changing clubs.

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2413 on: September 16, 2013, 08:29:13 PM »
If the club has a "no smile-heads" policy, I guess it cannot afford to have any smile-heads on the list .....

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2414 on: September 16, 2013, 08:30:37 PM »
Dustin Martin: which club wants him?

By Nathan Schmook
Monday, September 16, 2013

WITH Dustin Martin set to part ways with Richmond, AFL.com.au looks at all his possible destinations.

Adelaide
Martin would aid the Crows in their push to return to the top four, but they are unlikely to have the trade currency and Eddie Betts is already in their sights. He would benefit from the strong leadership group and culture at the Crows, but would he want to move to Adelaide? 

Verdict: More suitable options. Very unlikely.

Brisbane Lions
The Lions are not a club of choice right now, with some young players walking out. An injection of talent is exactly what the club needs and they should be aggressive. However, it's hard to see Martin choosing the Lions. 

Verdict: They need him but would struggle to woo him. Very unlikely.   

Carlton
The Blues would have to consider Martin with the money they have available for a play at Collingwood's Dale Thomas. Both would improve the Blues' midfield run significantly, but Martin is younger and comes without the burden of injury. Coach Mick Malthouse would back himself to manage any off-field issues Martin may have.

Verdict: A nice fit for both parties. Very good chance.

Collingwood
Nathan Buckley spoke strongly about culture after the club's elimination final loss and he appears to be more focused on bringing through a young team in his own mould. Having said that, if the club loses Dale Thomas, Martin would be a perfect on-field replacement. 

Verdict: An attractive option for Martin, and the Magpies should deal if they lose Thomas. Possible.

Essendon
Salary cap space will become available if the Bombers lose goalkicker Stewart Crameri, but that will only get the Bombers so far. They're also handicapped by this year's draft penalties.

Verdict: It would be a battle for the Bombers to negotiate a suitable trade. Unlikely. 

Fremantle
Finding another big-bodied midfielder is not the Dockers' priority with Michael Barlow, David Mundy, Nat Fyfe and co. driving the club's most successful season. Fremantle needs young key position players and the club has been meticulous in sticking to its list management strategy. 

Verdict: Has other needs. Very unlikely.

Geelong
Unless a number of senior players move on at the end of the season, it is unlikely the Cats would have the cap space available to satisfy Martin. He is, however, the sort of player who could extend their stay in the top four. 

Verdict: Appear on the right track with their next wave. Still, possible.

Gold Coast
There are fears Gold Coast will have the most powerful midfield in the competition within two seasons. The battle ahead for the club will be retaining its talented youngsters when rival clubs come knocking. Retaining its talent is likely to be more pressing for the Suns.

Verdict: He would fit now, but would compromise plans to retain gun youngsters. Unlikely.

Greater Western Sydney
Perhaps the frontrunner, the Giants are believed to be confident they can land Martin. Money is not an issue for the expansion club and it would be money well spent with GWS in need of a strong-bodied midfielder capable of taking the heat off its youngsters. GWS has the draft picks available to satisfy the Tigers, and it will also hold pick No.1 at the NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft if a trade can't be settled. Martin's father lives in Sydney.   

Verdict: In pole position. Very likely. 

Hawthorn
With its strong leadership and culture, Hawthorn would be a good fit for Martin, who has been supported extensively by the Tigers. With the Hawks sitting comfortably in a premiership window, Martin would be the cream that strengthens an already powerful unit. Salary cap space, however, would have to be an issue.

Verdict: Would require sacrificing talent to satisfy the Tigers and fit Martin in. Possible. 

Melbourne
The Demons have the trade currency and need to make a play for Martin, given the dire state of their list. New coach Paul Roos makes the club a more attractive destination and he will shape a culture that allows Martin to get the best out of himself. Money would not be an obstacle. 

Verdict: Need to make an offer and should be aggressive. Very possible. 

North Melbourne
The Kangaroos have already been linked to St Kilda midfielder Nick Dal Santo and clearly need another classy midfielder to take the heat off Daniel Wells and Brent Harvey. Expected to be aggressive at the trade table, they could easily shift their focus to Martin. Pick No.8, however, has been committed to father-son selection Luke McDonald.

Verdict: Dal Santo would be a cheaper option. Martin, however, remains a possibility.

Port Adelaide
As Port considers how it can build on an amazing 2013 season, Martin is a player it should consider. He would complement a young and dynamic midfield that should only get better. The big question is, does he want to move to Adelaide? 

Verdict: Lacks draft picks, but has young talent. Unlikely.

Richmond
Martin hasn't walked out yet, but it's hard to see him being at Richmond next year. On Monday, football manager Dan Richardson said: "Given the considerable effort we have put into Dustin’s development both on and off the field, and our efforts to retain him all season, we are extremely disappointed with this decision."

Verdict: Martin appears as good as gone. 

St Kilda
Martin has relationships with some St Kilda players, but how could the Saints reportedly instruct two of their players not to holiday with the 22-year-old during the off-season and then recruit him? It would be a bold decision. 

Verdict: The Saints appear more likely to rebuild through the draft. Unlikely.

Sydney Swans
As far as culture and role models go, there couldn't be a better fit for Martin. As mentioned, his father lives in Sydney and that could be a factor in his decision. Do the reigning premiers have the cap space after recruiting key forward Kurt Tippett? 

Verdict: Won't have the draft picks so would need to give up a quality player. Possible.   

West Coast
The Eagles need a big-bodied midfielder after a disappointing season and Martin fits the bill. Retiring senior players should have opened up the necessary cap space and Daniel Kerr could yet be on his way out. The Eagles should be making enquiries. 

Verdict: A good option for both parties. Very possible, if Martin is willing to move.

Western Bulldogs
The Bulldogs will have pick No.4 in the NAB AFL Draft, so they're in the discussion. With a settled young group of on-ballers, however, the midfield is not the biggest issue for Brendon McCartney. The Bulldogs need key position players and that should be their priority, with Stewart Crameri in their sights.

Verdict: Another club that appears set on rebuilding through the draft. Unlikely.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-16/dustin-martin-which-club-wants-him