Author Topic: Luke Ball in PSD?  (Read 12922 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Luke Ball in PSD?
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2009, 04:46:20 PM »
I hope someone picks him up before pick 19! Can only be good for us  :pray
I'd prefer he go into the PSD so we have the 1st live pick as he will commit to Melbourne

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2009, 05:02:59 PM »
Latest rumour on SEN is Luke Ball will stay at St Kilda according to some caller who knows a Saint supporter who lives next door to Ball's girlfriend in Upper Beaconsfield.

he isn't going anywhere
Not once but twice! Good call!!!  :lol

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2009, 05:14:27 PM »
Latest rumour on SEN is Luke Ball will stay at St Kilda according to some caller who knows a Saint supporter who lives next door to Ball's girlfriend in Upper Beaconsfield.

he isn't going anywhere
Not that i really care one way or the other but didn't St Kilda take their offer off the table?
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2009, 06:59:26 PM »
Caro says Ball isn't interested in going to Richmond or Melbourne.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2009, 07:08:47 PM »

he isn't going anywhere
got nothing to say troll?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2009, 09:03:18 PM »

Thats really funny.  Going into the National Draft he gets zero say!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2009, 09:07:29 PM »

Thats really funny.  Going into the National Draft he gets zero say!

that's true but Caro (and Healy as well) hinted that he may price himself into a position where he gets to where he wants

Also Bailey was on SEN (either yesterday morning or last Friday) and when asked if Luke Ball said to him he doesn't want to go to Melbourne would the Demons still draft him and Baliey said NO, if a player doesn't want to be at Melbourne then he doesnt' want them at Melbounre
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2009, 10:03:55 PM »
LUKE Ball's career at St Kilda is over after the disgruntled midfielder informed the club he wanted to play elsewhere in 2010.

Ball has nominated for this month's NAB AFL Draft, with Melbourne perhaps best poised to secure him.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=86780

Will be interesting to see who takes him and what draft pick they reckon he's worth. I think collingwood were offering their first round pick for him during trade week.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2009, 10:46:11 PM »

that's true but Caro (and Healy as well) hinted that he may price himself into a position where he gets to where he wants

Also Bailey was on SEN (either yesterday morning or last Friday) and when asked if Luke Ball said to him he doesn't want to go to Melbourne would the Demons still draft him and Baliey said NO, if a player doesn't want to be at Melbourne then he doesnt' want them at Melbounre

Agreed WP but there are no guarantees - anyone with room in the cap can take him if he's still around.  He will obviously have an idea and will have spoken to some clubs but you just never know.  Nick Stevens anyone?

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2009, 10:47:52 PM »
I can't see Ball going for a first round pick. Maybe a late second rounder or a third round pick. With that said, He could go anywhere. Thank God it won't be us! I think he is 2 years past his best footy and it appears the Saints may be thinking the same thing. The only recycled I would consider would be Bradshaw but I'd be just as happy if the club decides to avoid all the recycled players.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2009, 12:48:00 AM »

Agreed WP but there are no guarantees - anyone with room in the cap can take him if he's still around.  He will obviously have an idea and will have spoken to some clubs but you just never know.  Nick Stevens anyone?

Dead right smokey, he really has no choice, he can nominate Collingwood all he wants but Melboune will get him if they want to play hard ball (pardon the pun). Nick Stevens is the classic example, funny he wanted the Pies as well.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2009, 02:43:59 AM »

Ramps

« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2009, 07:15:32 AM »
Melbourne threatening to use pick 11 to get Ball

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/dees-in-box-seat-to-trump-pies-ball-bid/story-e6frf9jf-1225796240877

Melbourne using such an early pick would be a good result. It will mean 1 youngster that would not have been available at 19 wll now be available.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2009, 08:24:11 AM »
I heard or read about Baily's comments that WP mentioned. He said something along the lines of if he sat down and the person in front of him said they didn't want to play for Melbourne then it would be a very short conversation.
For Melbourne to now threaten to select him would be wrong after those comments.
Three clubs have multiple picks in the first round and I can see one of them using a first round pick on him. For the reason OE mentions I hope so.
Wouldn't it be ironic if Sydney got him with pick 14, the pick Collingwood offered and St Kilda rejected??
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline PipBoy

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2009, 09:32:23 AM »
If Melbourne use pick 11 to get Ball, does anyone reckon that will change their strategy with regard to picks 1 and 2. That is, can you see them taking three midfielders with their first three picks?  :-\