Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132104 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tambling gets new 2 year deal / but most likely to be traded out [merged]
« Reply #1110 on: October 05, 2010, 10:54:34 PM »
Yes tell us more rogerd :yep. Did Nixon think a certain other club that Richie could go to would be lower on the ladder as they were at the time?

I've just thinking a bit more about Geelong trading for Tambling. If we were to trade for one of Geelong's compo picks which technically is meant to be a first round pick but this year is currently pick 27 then we could keep hold of it until the 2012 draft and have two first round (top 10 say) picks depending on where we finish that year.
They're talking about their 1st round pick, not the compo picks as they are most likely going to hold on to those
Ta Infamy. Yeah pick 23 was the one mentioned today but I was just putting out there a wish(ful thinking) list. It would be a bonus to be on the cusp of finals going into 2013 when our list is maturing and be able to pick up another two top 10 kids.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Geelong says no to Tambling; Adelaide most keen (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1111 on: October 06, 2010, 03:15:02 AM »
Cats last night said no to Tambling. Saints are said to have a small interest; Adelaide is known to be most keen.

Adelaide keen to lure Richard Tambling
Mark Stevens
Herald Sun
October 06, 2010

RICHARD Tambling will lose the "Buddy baggage" if he crosses to Adelaide by the end of trade week.
Tambling, taken at No. 4 with the pick before Lance Franklin, has had to live with being ridiculed by Richmond fans in recent seasons.

Although Tambling's decision to leave is a combination of factors, heat from over the fence has played a role.

"I thought it was terrible what he was put through last year, when he was booed at the MCG by the Richmond crowd because he was taken ahead of Franklin," Tambling's manager Ricky Nixon told the AFL's trade week radio program.

"I watched that under-18s carnival that year and everyone would have agreed Franklin was nowhere near the talent that Tambling was at the time.

"For Richard, it's all about a fresh start and getting to a club that's well coached."

Geelong denied it was interested in Tambling, but sources said St Kilda had a mild interest in him.

Adelaide has made no secret of its desire to lure Tambling and again made it clear with the Tigers yesterday.

A deal is likely to be struck with the Crows later this week.

Nixon last night played down the significance of the Tigers' fans pushing Tambling out, telling the Herald Sun: "It is a lot of things adding up to one - more than just one incident (booing)".

But Nixon said abuse from fans can affect extended family.

With a fresh start, the Tambling/Franklin comparison will be pushed into the background and Tambling, after 108 games, has the ability to blossom.

Richmond's head of football Craig Cameron indicated last night talks were progressing. "We're not miles apart ... it's only the first day," he said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/adelaide-keen-to-lure-richard-tambling/story-e6frf9jf-1225934567062

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1112 on: October 06, 2010, 12:30:02 PM »
that article makes me irate.  >:(

TigerTimeII

« Reply #1113 on: October 06, 2010, 12:34:27 PM »
i have been a huge blingers fan til now

thought he was a man of character

well i was wrong

what a weak ---- with a weak mind and no balls

f u blingers , wherever u go this buddy poo will follow u to ur grave

weak b----
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 12:40:49 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tambling could haunt Tigers (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1114 on: October 06, 2010, 01:15:21 PM »
Tambling could haunt Tigers

* Mark Stevens
    * October 04, 2010

FRINGE players off-loaded during trade week are usually harmless.

They find a new home, quietly slot in, but rarely give their former team too many headaches. It's a win-win.

Farren Ray has played three Grand Finals in a year for St Kilda, but no one at Whitten Oval is full of regret.

You could say the same about Sean Dempster, who left Sydney to become a role player at the Saints, but has not hurt the Swans either.

But there are times when a player deemed expendable can return to bite their former club on the backside. Big time.

Richmond fans would take David Rodan back now with open arms. Adam Schneider has been a ripping pick for the Saints, biting the Swans.

And although the trade pool is full of smallish fish this year, some have sharp teeth. There could be some pain to come.

Here is The Buzz's "bite you on the backside" index for this year.

Following are the top five players with the most potential to suddenly find some consistency and cause pain to their former clubs (if they move on):

1. Richard Tambling.

I know the Richmond fans have had enough, but have a feeling he is the next Rodan.

If he goes to Adelaide and is allowed to settle on a wing, or at even half-back, Tambling has the ability to be a star.

Just get the ball out to him and let the guy run. Leaving the Tigers, and all the Buddy Franklin talk, behind him will be a huge positive.

If Craigy can get his head right at Crows, look out.

remainder of article here....
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tanks-for-the-premiership/story-e6frf9jf-1225933781665

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1115 on: October 06, 2010, 01:24:41 PM »

well i was wrong

weak b----

:rollin :rollin

Funny stuff X - I appreciate your fuming especailly when you like me has been a big supporter of Bling but it is funny  :thumbsup

Here's why:

Ricky Nixon makes comments to the media and you (and so many others BTW) have naturally assumed it's what Richie thinks or what he has said 

Considering there is not one direct quote from Tambling about being booed or Buddy and the bloke is currently in Sri Lanka I reckon it is a fair assumption to think these are Ricky's views only

I mean seriously has anyone ever considered that like what the RFC tried to do with Tucky last year that it is actually the Club that has intigated this and said to Tambling "we are going to put you up for trade" and after consideration has so said OK
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #1116 on: October 06, 2010, 01:25:58 PM »
I certainly wouldn't want Rodan back. Don't know why the Journo's are making him out as some sort of future brownlow contender cause he ain't all that.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1117 on: October 06, 2010, 01:29:34 PM »
They said the same thing when we traded Fiora  ::)

Ricky Nixon is a deceitful little b. Said he had to be careful about what he said about Richmond as he received a lot of hate mail yesterday about Tambling and claimed the hate mail said Tambling wasn't booed at all and that us Tiger supporters basically need our ears checked out  ::). Who said Tambling wasn't booed Ricky? You didn't have the guts to say your client was booed for not going for the ball.  

Anyway Nixon reckons a trade of Tambling for Adelaide's compo pick will be done by the latest tomorrow. So the deal is all but done.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #1118 on: October 06, 2010, 01:32:52 PM »
Ricky isn't doing bling any favours. If he stays at the RFC then he could find the environment even more hostile.

Looks unlikely he'll stay, lucky for bling.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1119 on: October 06, 2010, 01:34:20 PM »
Ricky Nixon is a deceitful little b.

I said it yesterday and I will say it again

Ricky is after the best deal for RICKY NIXON not his clients - he has proven it time & time again over the years

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1120 on: October 06, 2010, 01:36:02 PM »
Ricky isn't doing bling any favours. If he stays at the RFC then he could find the environment even more hostile.

Looks unlikely he'll stay, lucky for bling.

this is a great point you raise

Ricky is making it near impossible for Tambling to stay if a deal doesn't get done.... make it a mess and we have to trade at perhaps lesser value.... a standard Ricky ploy

Stay strong RFC  :thumbsup

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #1121 on: October 06, 2010, 01:38:24 PM »
this is a great point you raise

Ricky is making it near impossible for Tambling to stay if a deal doesn't get done.... make it a mess and we have to trade at perhaps lesser value.... a standard Ricky ploy

Stay strong RFC  :thumbsup

In Tambo's favour, if he was to find form and play the footy we think he can play, all would be forgiven pretty quickly I suspect.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1122 on: October 06, 2010, 01:50:00 PM »

well i was wrong

weak b----

:rollin :rollin

Funny stuff X - I appreciate your fuming especailly when you like me has been a big supporter of Bling but it is funny  :thumbsup

Here's why:

Ricky Nixon makes comments to the media and you (and so many others BTW) have naturally assumed it's what Richie thinks or what he has said 

Considering there is not one direct quote from Tambling about being booed or Buddy and the bloke is currently in Sri Lanka I reckon it is a fair assumption to think these are Ricky's views only

I mean seriously has anyone ever considered that like what the RFC tried to do with Tucky last year that it is actually the Club that has intigated this and said to Tambling "we are going to put you up for trade" and after consideration has so said OK

if i were a guessing man, i would think RN is close to the mark. Why else would he make his client look like the fool that he looks by bringing up that Buddy stuff. Absolutely convinced it has come from RT

RT has played his whole career always looking for a reason why he has played so crap. He has no heart and this is the best outcome for the RFC. A draft pick close to 20 is a good result and we can certainly look to upgrade that with Thursfield etc etc.

Hodge is the perfect example of a guy who would rather let his actions speaker louder than words but RT has chosen to run and hide

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1123 on: October 06, 2010, 01:54:11 PM »
Tambling has nominated Adelaide as his preference to go to so the deal will definitely get done.

Wallace, who Hutchy is calling "our list management guru", just said it's good for Richmond to just move on and the deal is a pretty good one.

tony_montana

« Reply #1124 on: October 06, 2010, 01:56:08 PM »
the quicker this is finalised and put to bed the better, im just really happy the coaching staff have awoken to the fact that he'll never amount to much. win for us