Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132098 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tambling to be traded to Adelaide [merged]
« Reply #1125 on: October 06, 2010, 02:01:32 PM »
I've changed the title of the thread as the trade is all but confirmed.

Out: Tambling
In: Adelaide's compensation pick

Wallace added that Tambling never became the player they (Richmond) hoped he would. He was always a player on the edge of the 22 at Richmond.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #1126 on: October 06, 2010, 02:08:06 PM »

Wallace added that Tambling never became the player they (Richmond) hoped he would. He was always a player on the edge of the 22 at Richmond.

sen just confirmed it

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #1127 on: October 06, 2010, 02:10:58 PM »
Do we know what the compo pick will be?

bushranger

« Reply #1128 on: October 06, 2010, 02:11:05 PM »
For one I am so glad he is going.
I never seen what others seen in him.
All I saw was this player that had it on a string but never used it to the full.
He may prove to be better at another team.
I really don't care. And I have never compaired him to Buddy as I still don't think much of him either.

Ramps

« Reply #1129 on: October 06, 2010, 02:12:26 PM »
i think its not a good or fair deal. tambling for all his history is still a 23 yo 100 game player for a kid who we will get for 26 or maybe Sherman. I apologise for those who disagree but its a poor trade IMHO.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1130 on: October 06, 2010, 02:16:49 PM »
i think its not a good or fair deal. tambling for all his history is still a 23 yo 100 game player for a kid who we will get for 26 or maybe Sherman. I apologise for those who disagree but its a poor trade IMHO.

Tiga i believe at this stage the pick is 26 but im pretty sure it could get pushed back further if others chose to use their Compo picks.

Ramps i agree in a way not with the decision but why make a deal so far out from the end of draft day when for all we know we could have got something close to the 15 mark.

That being said Tambling has provided nothing and i for one accept the pick just think we could've worked harder to get it closer to the teens.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1131 on: October 06, 2010, 02:22:10 PM »
Do we know what the compo pick will be?
It depends on how many clubs with GC compo picks use them in this draft.

25. Collingwood ...... end of round 1
26. West Coast ..... priority pick

Geelong (Ablett compo)
Geelong (Ablett compo)
Brisbane (Rischitelli compo)
Adelaide (Bock compo)
Hawthorn (Brown compo)
Bulldogs (Harbrow compo)

Then start of round 2

So Adelaide's compo pick in this year's draft will be between picks 27-30.

Of course given it's a compo pick at the end of first round we don't have to use it this year. We have until 2015 to use it. So we could hold off until 2012 say when the drafts are no longer compromised by GC and GWS and then the compo pick will be worth around pick 19.

I'd guess though given word is we are chasing 4 picks inside the top 30 that we'll use the compo pick this year.

tony_montana

« Reply #1132 on: October 06, 2010, 02:25:39 PM »

edge of the 22? he was a lock each and every stuffing game  ::) maybe if that prick dropped him for extended periods and made him earn his spot instead of cruising through 100 games it may have made a difference. anyhow its done now...

also guys, dont let the media fool you, geelong were never going to offer more than a pick in the 20's and have gone cold, no way known was anything under 20 realistic. Ray was no worse and he went for pick 40odd, we did well to get this.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #1133 on: October 06, 2010, 02:29:52 PM »
ramps, ur never happy, u have wanted him gone for yrs and now ur not happy

im happy to see anyone gone that does not wanna be here or break their left nut for the team

tambling is no longer a tiger he can eff off and have a miserable part 2 to his career

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1134 on: October 06, 2010, 02:32:57 PM »
If you can forget for a moment where we took him in the draft and just go on present form and history since we secured him, I think a second round pick (what pick 27-33 normally is) is a reasonable deal. In fact you could even argue, when comparing it against someone of the promise of Griffiths our last years 2nd round pick, that it was a bit of a steal.

Tambling had a reasonable season in 2009 but has had plenty of injury and pschological issues in his short career. Adelaide is taking a chance that he will fufill his potential with them in a new environment but history shows such miracles rarely occur.

Good trade in a compromised draft I say

Stripes

Ramps

« Reply #1135 on: October 06, 2010, 02:33:13 PM »
ramps, ur never happy, u have wanted him gone for yrs and now ur not happy

just call it how i see it. in the end the crows will get a 23 yo 100 game player and we will get pick 27 to 30 for a kid who may or may not make it. as for me never being happy, havent had anything to be happy about in footy terms for 30 years X ...  :help ;D :lol :gotigers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1136 on: October 06, 2010, 02:36:36 PM »
What happens when you sell low Ramps. Given Richie's 2010 then we got as high a price as we could get IMO. If we traded him last year when his form was praised then we may have got something significantly better (especially from Voss lol) but we didn't so it's what it is.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1137 on: October 06, 2010, 02:37:45 PM »
We can use the compensation pick in 2012 and pick up Pick 19.
Go Tigers!

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1138 on: October 06, 2010, 02:39:00 PM »
Tambling to Adelaide expected to go through
RICHMOND midfielder Richard Tambling could become an Adelaide player on Wednesday afternoon, his manager Ricky Nixon says.

The 24-year-old nominated Adelaide as his preferred destination with the Tigers keen to secure the pick at the end of round one the Crows were given as compensation for losing Nathan Bock to Gold Coast.

"I expect that to go through today or tomorrow," Nixon told afl.com.au's Trade Week Radio.

"After dealing with a few other clubs, Richard has decided he wants to go to Adelaide; I've told Richmond that so we're [trying] to do the deal."

Should the trade be completed, the Tigers will be able to use the selection in any of the next five NAB AFL Drafts.

Nixon, who believes Tambling is best suited to a role at half back, is confident he will flourish at the Crows.

He has already met with coach Neil Craig to discuss his potential spot in the side.

"With Neil Craig, I haven't had much to do with him and I thought it was better that Richard meet with him, and he has a couple of times," he said.

"I'm sure Neil would have expressed where he sees him fitting into the team.

"Good clubs do ... [say] this is where we see our team next year, this is where we see you playing.

"I think that's always quite impressive and I know Melbourne has done that with David Hale."

Nixon said if the trade fell over, Damien Hardwick and the Tigers would be happy to retain Tambling.

"Richmond has been very good in suggesting that he may be getting a fresh start somewhere," he said.

"At the end of the day, if he's still at Richmond, he's welcome back with open arms."

Nixon also said he was still fielding interest for North Melbourne ruckman Hale, with Melbourne and Hawthorn keen suitors.

"I think he's an ideal fit for Melbourne with their current forward six with [Liam] Jurrah, [Jack] Watts, [Austin] Wonaeamirri ... [Hale] would complement them a bit," he said.

"They haven't really got that full marking option up forward."

He also said the Hawks had already looked at their structure and how Hale could fit in with tall forwards Lance Franklin and Jarryd Roughead.

"They explained to me a totally different scenario that's probably not one I can say publically," he said.

"Let's just say they showed me where they might play a couple of superstars differently and then all of a sudden they went, 'Ooh, that works all right'."
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/103810/default.aspx

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1139 on: October 06, 2010, 02:51:47 PM »
What psychological issues did he have Stripes?  Is he bipolar? Schizophrenic?  Injuries yes and some bad form yes...any psychological issues could be from his own supporters yelling out what a POS he is over the fence in front of his family that had come to watch the game.  Only did first year psychology so I am just having a stab in the dark here.
Lots of people name their swords......