Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132668 times)

jackstar

Re: Richie Tambling threads [merged]
« Reply #285 on: July 27, 2008, 03:52:04 PM »
For anyone who wants to trade Richie and our 1st round pick to West Coast for Kerr have a look at last nights game and imagine in 3 yrs time how good he will be. 
Must not and cannot happen. 
PS  Now that we have moved up the ladder and out of the early draft picks just wondering who we should look at around pick 8-10?  I personally wouldnt mind Tom Rockliff (small goal kicking forward).

I am one of those who want him traded.
He was great last night and actually the last 2 weeks, i feel has been 2 of his best games for our club.

i want to see more of it..Interesting to note in all his 70 odd games last night was the third time he has had over 20 possessions.

Im pretty sure thats what i heard SEN say after the game.

The only way to silence people like me is to perform like that. He was in the votes no doubt about it, and it was great to see

Think Ritchie was good last night, problem is we have plenty of smaller type players. Him playing well could increase his currency

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #286 on: July 27, 2008, 04:56:02 PM »
For anyone who wants to trade Richie and our 1st round pick to West Coast for Kerr have a look at last nights game and imagine in 3 yrs time how good he will be. 
Must not and cannot happen. 
PS  Now that we have moved up the ladder and out of the early draft picks just wondering who we should look at around pick 8-10?  I personally wouldnt mind Tom Rockliff (small goal kicking forward).

I am one of those who want him traded.
He was great last night and actually the last 2 weeks, i feel has been 2 of his best games for our club.

i want to see more of it..Interesting to note in all his 70 odd games last night was the third time he has had over 20 possessions.

Im pretty sure thats what i heard SEN say after the game.

The only way to silence people like me is to perform like that. He was in the votes no doubt about it, and it was great to see

It was his 4th time - once in '06, once in '07 and twice so far this season.  He had double figure disposals 4 out of 12 games in '05, 15/21 in '06, 17/20 in '07 and 16/16 so far in '08.  He averaged 9.25 disposals and 2.08 tackles in '05, 12.0 disposals and 2.28 tackles in '06, 13.6 disposals and 2.45 tackles in '07 and 16.37 disposals and 3.37 tackles so far in '08.  He is getting more consistent and more productive each year and his impact on games is increasing similarly.

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #287 on: July 27, 2008, 05:05:37 PM »
if tambling played off half back or midfield all his career he would be getting over 20 touches each game

but he has not had the game time and positioning as others due to his development. those wankers who buy into that 20plus possession game stat obv have no idea about footy

he is averaging no different to dale thomas, actually , alot better than thomas with less game time , but the footy media just love tha daisy tool
DELEDIO FOR CAPTAIN ASAP!

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #288 on: July 27, 2008, 05:08:40 PM »
Tambling getting 15 touches or 25 touches in a game does not tell the whole story.

He has good skills, creates, takes them on and glides across the grass at pace with and without the ball.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #289 on: July 27, 2008, 05:16:52 PM »
He is owesome when he takes the opposition on and seems to dance around them like they are standing still. Bling is damaging with his disposals and the more time he has the ball in his hands the better for us as a club.

Great game by a great future leader of the club  :thumbsup

Stripes

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #290 on: July 27, 2008, 07:45:02 PM »
Watching the game live I was surprised Richie got such huge wraps to be honest. Halfway through the third quarter onwards he was very good and he was slaughtering the Lions with his run in the last but I wasn't happy with him not going hard enough at contests in the first half and he kept circling back into congestion when if he had just looked forward first he would see free teammates just forward of the contest to give a quick handball and we would've been away.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #291 on: July 27, 2008, 08:47:30 PM »
That's what makes him so dangerous to the opposition - he is unpredictable, elusive and takes them on. While other players try and run and around the defenders, he skips through them and takes the shortest route, breaking the lines and causing the opposition all manner of headaches. I was at the game also and he was the best on ground for mine and kept providing run when the rest of our team seemed dead on their feet.

I'm excited by his increasing impact he is making on the games

Stripes

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #292 on: July 27, 2008, 09:15:48 PM »

Channel 10 showed some stats on that (watched the replay today) and I think it's 4-5 games of over 20 with only 3 over 23. With yesterday being his best return.

I thought it was without question his best game for the RFC last night... He was my BOG without hesitation

In the last he ran 100+ metres to make that pass to Joel. He started in the back pocket, ran past Jordy, past Sugar and then past Matty White to accept the handball and pass to Joel with flat pass on the chest rather than one of those floating high kicks that seem to be the norm in footy today.

Sensational game by a player who is going to be very good for us long term :thumbsup

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #293 on: July 28, 2008, 02:41:08 AM »
That's what makes him so dangerous to the opposition - he is unpredictable, elusive and takes them on. While other players try and run and around the defenders, he skips through them and takes the shortest route, breaking the lines and causing the opposition all manner of headaches. I was at the game also and he was the best on ground for mine and kept providing run when the rest of our team seemed dead on their feet.

I'm excited by his increasing impact he is making on the games

Stripes
That bold part is what was my criticism of him in the first half. To me he often didn't take the shortest route or first option. He'd gain the footy then his first instinct was to run backwards to do a U-turn (sometimes back into traffic) when if looked forward first he would have seen a teammate forward of the contest in space to whom he could've handpassed to. I have no probs with his unpredictability it's just if the simple option is the best one then take it. After half-time he did straighten up and run direct and that made all the difference. Maybe he got a little word from Terry at the main break. I don't mean to bag him as his last quarter was brilliant and his ability to still run hard and quick deep late in the game was a major reason why we came back and won  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richard Tambling continues his rise (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #294 on: July 28, 2008, 03:34:22 AM »
Richard Tambling continues his rise
Bruce Matthews | July 28, 2008

IT WAS another sign of the continuing maturity of Richard Tambling that he made the right decision in a crisis.

No one has questioned the speed that propelled Tambling within scoring range during a match-defining sprint down the city-side wing at Telstra Dome on Saturday night.

But as numerous options became available and the crowd roared, some of them would have been wondering what would happen next.

They had no need to worry as Tambling pin-pointed a pass on to the chest of teammate Joel Bowden for the goal that denied Brisbane and kept alive Richmond's finals push.

"I was going to try and have a ping myself, run forward and have a shot. But I saw Bowden out (on the lead) and (Daniel) Jackson was also out. So I just had to put it in the spot, and those boys did all the work," Tambling said.

"If you're going to have it in anyone's hands, it's Joel. We backed him 100 per cent, but we set up our zone just in case (he missed). We would have been only two points down if he didn't kick it, so we would have tried to get the ball back."

Bowden's third goal of the last quarter was the seventh lead change of this wildly fluctuating contest, but the Tigers didn't know there was only 22 seconds left on the game clock.

"After Joel kicked it, he said there was a minute left. Then we pushed the numbers back on the backline.

We didn't know how long there was, so we just wanted to get back and keep possession of the footy," Tambling said.

Coach Terry Wallace labelled Tambling's rebound from his half-back role as his finest contribution in his 70 heavily scrutinised games for the Tigers.

Not only did he subdue Lions goalsneak Anthony Corrie, the fleet-footed Tiger's run and carry delivered 27 disposals.

"I played there against Melbourne and I need to become more familiar with the role if I'm going to play on a dangerous player," Tambling said.

"It sort of comes naturally. You can see everything in front of you and I think that suits my game. Obviously, my job was to rebound and carry the footy. But I had to do my job first, try not to let my player get a kick, and then take off whenever I thought it was right.

"There are still matches where I go without possessions for long periods of time, but I thought I did my job back there pretty well.

"I gave the boys a bit of run when I had to run."

Despite being at the centre of the Tigers' past two narrow victories, Bowden again refused to publicly share his thoughts.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24085262-19742,00.html

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #295 on: July 28, 2008, 08:28:05 PM »
He probably could've had a bigger impact without some of the turnovers.  The potential is there, I reckon this year we will see a game from Ritchie which will show the comp the full bag of tricks he has to offer.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #296 on: August 03, 2008, 04:22:19 AM »
What did we all make of Tambling's game?

24 possessions, 11 contested, 3 tackles, 2 clearances, 8 clangers.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #297 on: August 03, 2008, 08:28:42 AM »
The clangers hurt and it wasnt one of Richie's better games but I liked that he was one of few that actually had the balls to take the cats on with the ball.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #298 on: August 03, 2008, 08:43:46 AM »
So many times last night Tambling fancied himself and took off and we're yelling at him to kick the ball and what happens - turnover!

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #299 on: August 03, 2008, 09:16:51 AM »
tambling tried real hard and had little support, and had the ipps under presure. but he wasnt alone, but at leats he kept trying to take them on. i am more disappointed with our leaders. bar richo who is a gun, but simmonds was outright pathetic, newman overrated and cost us more with his bad decisions than tamblings clangers, foley, needs to grow up and become a man and gut run to beat a tag.  also not happy with morton, kept on playing behind harley   :banghead :banghead :banghead  morton should know better

on a positive, i thought mguane moore and thurstfield can keep their heads up high. they did a damn good job, considering how many inside 50s they had

ps, why was king in the side :banghead :wallywink :wallywink :wallywink :banghead :wallywink :banghead
DELEDIO FOR CAPTAIN ASAP!