Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132640 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Richard Tambling
« Reply #420 on: May 18, 2009, 09:21:18 AM »
thought he was very good again yesterday - work around the stoppages and defensive pressure terrific
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

bushranger

« Reply #421 on: May 19, 2009, 10:30:44 AM »
He done a servicable game on Sunday but I still thought that he was a little too much in and out of the game.
Though by no means was he our worse player on Sunday, so we have to be happy with that.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #422 on: May 19, 2009, 10:34:47 AM »
He once again played a very good game.

I was surprised to see he only got 19 disposals, it seemed like more to me.  I thought his disposal and effect on the game was fairly significant.

I wondered how much bench time he had as like Bushy I thought he did seem to fade in and out of the game a bit.

Infamy stats were great to see and I am back to thinking RT could be a very very handy player.

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #423 on: May 30, 2009, 11:37:55 PM »
bump

well done blingers  :clapping  keep it up :gotigers :whistle

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #424 on: May 31, 2009, 12:22:41 AM »
Contender for BOG, was given by 3AW I think, but I thought Lids was better as did Channel 10

Regardless, he's having a pretty good year and has really stepped up to the required level.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #425 on: May 31, 2009, 12:23:48 AM »
Blingers was great after the first quarter tonight.

That goal with that run and link up play in the first minute of the last quarter was sheer class. Just needs to get that sort of gut running continuously in his play. :thumbsup

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #426 on: May 31, 2009, 12:31:28 AM »
by rnd 22 all will recognise him as elite, he is building nicely and improving out of sight each week, that goal he kicked was it, you could see his confidence ooze, he will deliver.  his expressions said it all, was one of relief , excitement and one saying stuff u all u doubters , blingers is here and here to stay!

Ox

« Reply #427 on: May 31, 2009, 12:31:51 AM »
Contender for BOG, was given by 3AW I think, but I thought Lids was better as did Channel 10

Regardless, he's having a pretty good year and has really stepped up to the required level.

lids still needs to do more,all of the time.

He is a second half of the season type player,so that given ......

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #428 on: May 31, 2009, 01:10:51 AM »
blinger was very good

Ramps

« Reply #429 on: May 31, 2009, 09:33:48 AM »
Havent seen a goal from him like that since that first NABCup debut game v Collingwood. Ive been calling for him to do something like that again, now if he can reproduce that type of effort, with some consistency of getting the footy 25 times a games and dispose of it properly he may get to the point where we say he was worth pick 4 in the national draft.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #430 on: May 31, 2009, 09:36:25 AM »
Funny how TigerTime thinks people will consider Tambling elite by the end of this year, but he still thinks Deledio isn't elite when he's been doing as much as Tambo for years now.

Double standards much?

Tambo is having a very good year and I'm wrapped to see him play well. I never had many doubts as I saw his steady improvement so other than saying he's had a crap game when he has, I've never considered him a dud pick like many have and some still do.

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #431 on: May 31, 2009, 09:48:33 AM »
Funny how TigerTime thinks people will consider Tambling elite by the end of this year, but he still thinks Deledio isn't elite when he's been doing as much as Tambo for years now.

Double standards much?

Tambo is having a very good year and I'm wrapped to see him play well. I never had many doubts as I saw his steady improvement so other than saying he's had a crap game when he has, I've never considered him a dud pick like many have and some still do.

u r one hell of a stuff head

i have never said the deledio is a poo player, have always said he has elite talent and skills, just lacked work ethic to fulfill them

so stuff off and dont change my words to pump up ur own ego and small dick syndrome

pathic tossbag, i have repeatedly said that deledio does not gut run and work hard enough when it counts so f o u imbecile

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #432 on: May 31, 2009, 10:21:24 AM »

Double standards much?

u r one hell of a eff head

i have never said the deledio is a poo player, have always said he has elite talent and skills, just lacked work ethic to fulfill them

so eff off and dont change my words to pump up ur own ego and small dick syndrome

pathic tossbag, i have repeatedly said that deledio does not gut run and work hard enough when it counts so f o u imbecile
I never said you did say he was poo
However you HAVE said he's not elite YET

You are already claiming Tambling will be by the end of the year

I stand by my original comments of double standards

bushranger

« Reply #433 on: May 31, 2009, 11:34:44 AM »
I'm affraid to say I still don't think Tambling is an AFL player.
I know others made mistakes too. But I think he should only be a VFL player and I will stick with this.
I know it ain't gonna win my mr popular here but it what I think.
And I will stay with it. I was actually suprised that he did hit the target a few time last night so that is a bonus I think.
But I think he is still too unaccountable on feild and in his decision making when he has to think quick.
He lets himself down.
Now I know I would be crap at it if it was me but it isn't me I'm talking about.

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #434 on: May 31, 2009, 01:02:51 PM »

Double standards much?

u r one hell of a eff head

so eff off and dont change my words to pump up ur own ego and small dick syndrome

I never said you did say he was poo
However you HAVE said he's not elite YET

You are already claiming Tambling will be by the end of the year

I stand by my original comments of double standards

last night deledio showed he is elite when he works his arse off, imo his best game for us . he oozed class , but always has, what i loved about lids last night wasnt his class, but his work ethic/work rate

tambling is the opposite, he has always had the worl ethic and work rate, just has been lost out there a few times, but thi syr its all coming together
so if he keeps this up, by rnd 22 he will be seen as a top player and will justify his selection.
tambling is finally starting to believe and its showing

i cant explain it any easier than that