Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132639 times)

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richard Tambling
« Reply #405 on: May 04, 2009, 12:45:06 PM »
tambo is made of the right stuff dont worry about that :thumbsup :gotigers

Wow this horribly a different tune then after his W.B game.

i never bagged tambo after the bulldogs game, i understood why he had a slightly worse game than deledio, tambling never trained all week and had fa sleep, should not have been selected. he has had one bad game this year, better than most
by the time his career is up, he will prove why he should have been no 1 pick! dont wrry about that

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #406 on: May 14, 2009, 09:24:38 PM »
All quiet on the much maligned Richie front. His past 3 weeks must have been decent  :thumbsup.

If he can get his goalkicking on the run from 40-50m out sorted out he'll be even better. So a 27 possession game turns into 27 possession plus 2-3 goals. Kick through the ball always Blingers. Mind you it'd be easier for him to kick more goals for us if his teammates after receiving the ball from Richie actually look and see him sprinting into an open forward 50 with no one between him and the goals instead of passing to a contest with 1 Tiger up against 2 Brisbane players  :scream. Not sure if this play was picked up on the tv (we were kicking to the Richmond end) but it was comical if you were at the ground and summed up the whole day. You can blame Wallace for some things but geez some of our tunnel vision players are just plain dumb  :rollin.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #407 on: May 15, 2009, 12:58:38 AM »
All quiet on the much maligned Richie front. His past 3 weeks must have been decent  :thumbsup.

If he can get his goalkicking on the run from 40-50m out sorted out he'll be even better. So a 27 possession game turns into 27 possession plus 2-3 goals. Kick through the ball always Blingers. Mind you it'd be easier for him to kick more goals for us if his teammates after receiving the ball from Richie actually look and see him sprinting into an open forward 50 with no one between him and the goals instead of passing to a contest with 1 Tiger up against 2 Brisbane players  :scream. Not sure if this play was picked up on the tv (we were kicking to the Richmond end) but it was comical if you were at the ground and summed up the whole day. You can blame Wallace for some things but geez some of our tunnel vision players are just plain dumb  :rollin.

jon was the main culprit , hence he has been dropped

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #408 on: May 15, 2009, 06:47:14 AM »

jon was the main culprit , hence he has been dropped

He might have been a culprit but he wasn't the only one by a long stretch.  Some of our most experienced and talented players were just as culpable.

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #409 on: May 15, 2009, 08:40:00 AM »
true , i have faith jon, but at times he took forever to deliver inside 50, but really it wasnt his fault either that our fed line played like statues

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #410 on: May 17, 2009, 09:12:22 PM »
Make that 4. An alright game but Richie is starting to show some decent level of consistency where even an alright game is still contributing - 19 possies, 5 marks, 4 tackles, 8 inside 50s and a goal.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #411 on: May 17, 2009, 09:28:05 PM »
Has still only had the one bad game all year and should never have played in it
Had raised the bar again this year, will shine with more quality around him

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #412 on: May 17, 2009, 09:31:20 PM »
it's terrific to see RT playing with some confidence in his game, best I have seen him play over 2-3 weeks ...he's lifted from first few rounds
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #413 on: May 17, 2009, 09:48:30 PM »
Including his crap game against the dogs, he is performing better year on year as he has every year of his career

Averages

2005 6.0 Kick 3.2 Hand 9.3 Disp 3.4 Mark 0.8 Goal 2.1 Tack
2006 8.4 Kick 3.6 Hand 12.0 Disp 4.4 Mark 0.7 Goal 2.3 Tack
2007 8.0 Kick 5.6 Hand 13.6 Disp 4.7 Mark 0.9 Goal 2.5 Tack
2008 9.2 Kick 8.3 Hand 17.5 Disp 5.1 Mark 0.5 Goal 3.3 Tack
2009 10.5 Kick 8.2 Hand 18.7 Disp 6.3 Mark 0.7 Goal 2.0 Tack (from 6 games so far)

He also seems to be getting better as the year goes on, so hopefully by the end of the season he will be averaging over 20 disposals per game. Remember, he's still only 22 years old.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #414 on: May 17, 2009, 10:11:05 PM »
It's not only that Richie is getting bigger numbers now on a more consistent basis but he's beginning to get it as far as understanding the game. He's no longer running around like he is lost out there. He's starting to run to the right spots to provide an option and receive the footy and he's now having an impact on games. There's still improvement required of course but as you say Infamy he's still only 22.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #415 on: May 18, 2009, 12:02:47 AM »
Richie is now my favourite player.....I cant explain...just love an underdog I guess.

When Richie kicked that goal in the third...the noise I made must of been heard for miles.
Unleash the tornado

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #416 on: May 18, 2009, 12:30:25 AM »
I dont mind Richie but I still cringe when he has it .... may get over it in time.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #417 on: May 18, 2009, 07:57:20 AM »

Make that 4. An alright game but Richie is starting to show some decent level of consistency where even an alright game is still contributing - 19 possies, 5 marks, 4 tackles, 8 inside 50s and a goal.

And this type of output still doesn't satisfy some on here.  It wouldn't matter if he won 2 Brownlows - prejudices run deep in some people.

Tigermonk

« Reply #418 on: May 18, 2009, 08:34:39 AM »

And this type of output still doesn't satisfy some on here.  It wouldn't matter if he won 2 Brownlows - prejudices run deep in some people.

as l said before its only a matter of time before he becomes a Cooney  ;D
dont any of you take that as me being rascit either  ;D but it sounded funny when l read it but l posted previous he would come of age
was happy with his game yesterday

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #419 on: May 18, 2009, 08:38:02 AM »

as l said before its only a matter of time before he becomes a Cooney  ;D
dont any of you take that as me being rascit either  ;D but it sounded funny when l read it but l posted previous he would come of age
was happy with his game yesterday

:lol :rollin :lol

Funny stuff TM