Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132125 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tambling gets new 2 year deal / but most likely to be traded out [merged]
« Reply #990 on: September 18, 2010, 04:31:39 PM »
You cant really say they were successful picks though can you? Both contributed very little to the club on the field, so they were unsuccessful picks, but i see your point.
That doesn't make the Ottens trade a poor one, the trade was a good one, we just didn't utilise the picks, for whatever reason, as you would have hoped. We did all right in the trade but we didn't get it right with the with the recruiting/developing, unless you believe someone should have known the draft was going to be such a poor one.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #991 on: September 18, 2010, 08:52:08 PM »
Sorry Tambling was pick 4, but my other comments stand.... wel as far as I am concerned.. ;D
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #992 on: September 20, 2010, 03:34:47 PM »
Another one bites the dust for the Tigers?
By Daniel Dufty
The Roar
Monday 20th September, 2010

Richmond‘s recruiting in the last nine years has been average at best. And if Richard Tambling ends up being traded away from Punt Road, it is another wasted draft pick for a club on the rise.

Tambling was picked up for the Tigers with selection No.4 in the 2004 National Draft. He looked a likely prospect, but has since has been heavily scrutinised.

You could shift the blame on the man himself for his slow development for such a high draft pick, but the talent in the year he was listed played a large role too.

Brett Deledio, Jarryd Roughead, Ryan Griffen all manned the top three picks, not to mention Lance “Buddy” Franklin in fifth, Jordan Lewis seventh and Angus Monfries, picked at 14.

Tambling had a breakthrough AFL season in 2009 averaging almost 22 disposals over 20 games, but his year slowed towards its finale, having suffered with compartment syndrome.

Supporters could see his drive and skills worthy of a higher order selection, yet it was only a quick snippet off his capabilities. In 108 games, it was merely a flash and he is only one player out of a number who haven’t hit the mark.

Richmond recruiters have got it wrong on many occasions and of late, here are just a few:

Danny Meyer (Pick 12, 2004 National Draft): Recruited from Glenelg, Meyer could only muster up 17 games between 2005-08 and was subsequently delisted at the conclusion of the 2008 AFL season. Since then, he has been picked up by Port Adelaide as a rookie in the 2008 Rookie Draft and played nine games.

Adam Pattison (Pick 16, 2004 National Draft): Played 61 games for Richmond in five seasons from 2005-09. Delisted at the end of the 2009 season and then picked up by St.Kilda. Pattison is a ruckman who wasn’t good enough to keep his position on the Tigers’ list. There are too many better big men blocking his path.

Jay Schulz (Pick 12, 2002 National Draft): Managed 71 games and 58 goals (2003-2009), which wasn’t enough to earn him another contract. Injuries and fluctuating form didn’t help his cause. He has rejuvenated his career with Port Adelaide playing 16 games and kicking 33 goals in 2010, to finish equal tenth for the John Cahill Medal and be the leading goal kicker for the club.

David Rodan (Pick 33, 2001 National Draft): First learned of his sacking from the club after then captain Kane Johnson at the club’s 2006 best and fairest count delivered his bad news in his season ending speech. Rodan was impressive in his first two years, but then a knee injury in 2005 worked against him and he was delisted at the end of season 2006. Port Adelaide is now reaping the rewards of his services.

Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls (Pick 8, 2005 National Draft): Oakley-Nicholls just couldn’t cut it at AFL level with only 13 games to his name from 2006-2009. He spent most of his time at Coburg in the VFL. West Coast picked him up as a rookie at the end of the 2009 season and since he has struggled with a groin injury in 2010.

Such results show Richmond has got it wrong, but at times they have got the long end of the straw.

Yes, the club has got it right with Brett Deledio, Trent Cotchin and Jack Riewoldt. But with Tambling, a player who’s a good possibility of finding a new home with Essendon leading in the race, it is another stab in the back for Tigers’ recruiters.

David Rodan could have been kept, yet the Tigers let him go and the move has bit them in the back. Tambling has two years remaining on his contract, helped with funding from an indigenous learning centre at Punt Road, yet Gary March doesn’t mind if he crosses over to another club.

Former Bulldog and Tiger Nathan Brown expects Tambling to be a good prospect for another side, in a team where he could gain a lot of the ball, with the right players around him.

His mental side of his game is where he has to improve, but he could be a good asset. Richmond have waited long enough for his improvement and he was on track to hitting some form. But again in 2010, he has hit a snag playing only 13 matches and finishing 25th in Richmond’s best and fairest award – the Jack Dyer Medal.

If Tambling does end up like David Rodan as a revitalised player at another club, it will be big win for the man.

He will have the last laugh over the Tigers if they do say goodbye to his services. Richmond’s recruiters have got it wrong many a time, but on this occasion, a player could be moving on for the right reasons, but time will tell.

Sometimes teams have it tough and for Tigers fans they have had the rough end of the deal for way too long. But maybe they are getting something stronger back, with a better player as compensation? Bachar Houli looks to be the man, and if he can be better than Tambling, it will be good news for a club which is on the up.

Although it is another wasted draft pick of the past and a new trade the club has to deal with.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2010/09/20/another-one-bites-the-dust-for-the-tigers/

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #993 on: September 20, 2010, 03:47:41 PM »
God haven't we heard enough about that freaking draft already.. :help

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #994 on: September 20, 2010, 03:54:32 PM »
Is the author an Essendon fan maybe?  Putting Monfries in with the true 'A'-graders of the '04 draft and then promoting a Tambling for Houli swap would certainly point to a red and black bias.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #995 on: September 20, 2010, 04:07:27 PM »
Is the author an Essendon fan maybe?  Putting Monfries in with the true 'A'-graders of the '04 draft and then promoting a Tambling for Houli swap would certainly point to a red and black bias.

Funnily enough he is a Richmond Supporter...
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #996 on: September 21, 2010, 02:54:34 PM »
Manager Ricky Nixon has confirmed Richmond midfielder Richard Tambling could be on the move. Tambling has two years remaining on his contract but may be keen on a fresh start.

''They haven't shopped him around but I have asked about the possibility of a trade. We'll see how we go,'' Nixon said yesterday.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/harbrow-sees-sunny-times-as-he-joins-gold-coast-20100920-15jrz.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #997 on: September 21, 2010, 04:10:47 PM »
Tambling had a medical at the Whitten Oval last friday.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19100113&postcount=417

did you see him with your very own eyes, im not having a go at you its just that my mail is that the Dogs are into him big time, Josh hill and the pick for harbrow will need to be used to satisfy us and it would involve a third club. i know we are desperate for a top 20 pick.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19100216&postcount=420

No, but I have heard it from a couple of reliable sources.

What would be fair compensation?

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19100281&postcount=421

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #998 on: September 21, 2010, 04:53:52 PM »
Tambling had a medical at the Whitten Oval last friday.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19100113&postcount=417

:nope :nope

Now this is the funniest thing I've read in a long time - if people are going to make up rumours then really they should do a better job

;D :rollin :invasion :jump :jump
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #999 on: September 21, 2010, 09:07:30 PM »
I am really starting to favour keeping Tambling more and more as these players from other teams are either going to th GC or re-signing with their clubs. Honestly unless we can pick up a draft pick under 12-15 (dream on yeah whatever) I think we may as well give him another go.

"Rucks:

Gigantor

« Reply #1000 on: September 21, 2010, 09:20:24 PM »
look i understand people wanting to keep him just in case he turns it on....me i'm prepared to let him go..he might and does have the skill but to my amateur eyes he certainly lacks the inner strength

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1001 on: September 21, 2010, 09:34:06 PM »
look i understand people wanting to keep him just in case he turns it on....me i'm prepared to let him go..he might and does have the skill but to my amateur eyes he certainly lacks the inner strength

I can also understand people trying to trade him, but for pick 9000 and a one legged player, no thanks and that is all that seems to be around at the moment.

"Rucks:

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1002 on: September 22, 2010, 09:59:37 AM »
lol love this time of year its all kids rolling their dungeons and dragons dice and making poo up
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1003 on: September 22, 2010, 12:22:55 PM »
 :lol :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1004 on: September 23, 2010, 09:53:52 AM »
Denham today saying something about Tambling being traded without saying anything......

"He's out there but nothing concrete at this stage"