Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132126 times)

jackstar is back again

Re: Tambling gets new 2 year deal / but most likely to be traded out [merged]
« Reply #975 on: September 17, 2010, 07:41:44 PM »
Apparently X is down there

he has pitched a tent down on the cnr of brunton avenue

TigerTimeII

« Reply #976 on: September 17, 2010, 10:40:00 PM »
wankers

i support the club first

blingers is a tiger atm and has my support, if he leaves the eff him

but where ever he goes he will become a gun, and likewise if he stays

im keen on mundy , he will be a tiger

so many eff heads on this ite i tell ya, rfc fans or should i say imposters

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #977 on: September 17, 2010, 11:10:33 PM »
.......feeling he may never reach his full potential.

The problem is too many Tigers have done exactly that when they leave the club - Jay Schulz, Brad Ottens and David Rodan among them.

Who is "them"? Those 3 are it, there aren't any others.  ???
They must mean 'guns' like McKee, Zantuck, Fiora, JON, Raines, etc  ::)

If Otto had stayed we would've been bagged by the media for not trading him when we had the chance. The media were bagging him two years after he left us. Remember Bomber Thompson telling the media to "leave him alone, leave him alone". Otto had a very good 2007 but really he hasn't needed to be the star player at Geelong in his 6 years there and he's been injured for a lot of the time.

Schulz had one or two good games in his 7 years with us. He is just a mark and kick FF. Let's see if he is still Port's focal point when they are next in the finals.

Rodan had a great 2007 but he's been inconsistent since. His best is very good but he goes missing as well. He was dropped to the SANFL midway through 2009.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Who'll roll the Richard Tambling dice? (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #978 on: September 18, 2010, 12:02:31 AM »
Who'll roll the Richard Tambling dice?

* Mark Stevens
    * September 17, 2010 10:00PM

NO so long ago, Richard Tambling was such a valuable asset at Richmond he was sent to Parliament House in Canberra to rub shoulders with the nation's powerbrokers.

Joined by key Tigers officials, Tambling whacked on a pair of slacks and a T-shirt and spoke from the heart about his tough upbringing in a community outside Darwin.

Tambling's story was so moving, by the time the club's delegation had left Canberra they had received $8.75 million in federal funding for an indigenous learning centre at Punt Rd. It played a huge part in underwriting a total development worth $20 milllion.

Now it seems Tambling won't be around to enjoy the fruits of the shiny new facility.

Tambling has two years of a contract to run at Tigerland, but he is now expendable - if the right trade deal comes along.

Two years ago, he was being lauded for his influence in Canberra by the president, Gary March. These days it seems both parties are happy to move on.

There is nothing nasty in it, for Richmond has been super-supportive of Tambling through a much-maligned career, but the scenario sums up modern football.

Andrew Walker, another high draft pick, is in a similar position at Carlton. Sometimes both parties might be just better to cut their losses and move on.

The Crows are hot for Walker and the suitors will come for Tambling, too.

The knockers out there may laugh, but Tambling should have enormous currency the moment trade time begins.

At a team playing in the premiership window, he has the skills to be a star.

Former teammate Nathan Brown has no doubt Tambling will be in hot demand.

"I reckon he'd be a very good player at a top-four side where he got the game on his terms and his team had the ball a lot," Brown said yesterday.

"At this stage, he is maybe a bit of a frontrunner. He will be better at a better side.

"He found it harder than most at Richmond to make his way, win his own ball and play consistent footy.

"He just needs to work harder on the mental side of the game."

Brown even went as far as saying the pacy Tambling could be an on-ball option in a powerful team.

"He was never on-ball enough. You could see at training, he was a very good stoppage player. Very clean. He could be a ruck rover," Brown said.

Brown says he would be ideal at St Kilda, who went for Andrew Lovett for some run-and-carry last year and lost out. A year later, Tambling could be that man.

Tambling is also an ideal trade option for the Western Bulldogs, who have become a good "inside" team in need of some more "outside" run.

With Jarrod Harbrow all but gone, the Dogs should look to Tambling as an immediate replacement.

Harbrow will surely be deemed worth an end-of-first-round pick if he goes to the Gold Coast. Is it worth using that to try and get Tambling? Other names such as Andrejs Everitt or Josh Hill might come up.

A straight swap of Bachar Houli for Tambling has already been mooted, but that is a win for Essendon. Tambling has shown his best is better than Houli's.

Tambling has played 108 games in six seasons. The foundations are there.

He will forever be remembered at Tigerland for his role in the new facility, but he has the ability to remembered for much more ... maybe even a premiership player elsewhere.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/wholl-roll-the-richard-tambling-dice/story-e6frf9ox-1225925570773

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #979 on: September 18, 2010, 12:15:42 AM »
Load of wank article

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #980 on: September 18, 2010, 12:54:00 AM »
I hope we keep Ritchie.

He's an OK player and will be an asset in a side that is coached well with a good game plan, which is what we are becoming.

Watching the Cats tonight the last 4 years they have gotten the absolute absolute best out of OK players. Guys like Stokes, Byrnes, Blake, Hawkins, Hunt, Lonergan to name a few were absolute slop tonight and were found out when their aging stars looked slow and past it (Mooney, Milburn, Corey, Scarlett etc). On the opposite Collingwood have managed to get the absolute best out of mediocre players Leigh Brown, the guy is a wacko but consistently he's put in super performances all year.

Tamblings worse is no worse than a Leigh Brown, Lonergan, Byrnes or Stokes. If we get things right and click the switch to get the best out of Ritchie he'll produce the goods,
Go Tigers!

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #981 on: September 18, 2010, 09:06:08 AM »
didn't they looks slow as all poo last night?  Slow and tired.  They had a handful of blokes that were up to it like ablett, varcoe and a few others and that was it.  THey had rings run around em and it made me sick to see the skunks get up.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Who'll roll the Richard Tambling dice? (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #982 on: September 18, 2010, 12:01:13 PM »
Who'll roll the Richard Tambling dice?

* Mark Stevens
    * September 17, 2010 10:00PM

NO so long ago, Richard Tambling was such a valuable asset at Richmond he was sent to Parliament House in Canberra to rub shoulders with the nation's powerbrokers.

Joined by key Tigers officials, Tambling whacked on a pair of slacks and a T-shirt and spoke from the heart about his tough upbringing in a community outside Darwin.

Tambling's story was so moving, by the time the club's delegation had left Canberra they had received $8.75 million in federal funding for an indigenous learning centre at Punt Rd. It played a huge part in underwriting a total development worth $20 milllion.

Now it seems Tambling won't be around to enjoy the fruits of the shiny new facility.

Tambling has two years of a contract to run at Tigerland, but he is now expendable - if the right trade deal comes along.

Two years ago, he was being lauded for his influence in Canberra by the president, Gary March. These days it seems both parties are happy to move on.

There is nothing nasty in it, for Richmond has been super-supportive of Tambling through a much-maligned career, but the scenario sums up modern football.

Andrew Walker, another high draft pick, is in a similar position at Carlton. Sometimes both parties might be just better to cut their losses and move on.

The Crows are hot for Walker and the suitors will come for Tambling, too.

The knockers out there may laugh, but Tambling should have enormous currency the moment trade time begins.

At a team playing in the premiership window, he has the skills to be a star.

Former teammate Nathan Brown has no doubt Tambling will be in hot demand.

"I reckon he'd be a very good player at a top-four side where he got the game on his terms and his team had the ball a lot," Brown said yesterday.

"At this stage, he is maybe a bit of a frontrunner. He will be better at a better side.

"He found it harder than most at Richmond to make his way, win his own ball and play consistent footy.

"He just needs to work harder on the mental side of the game."

Brown even went as far as saying the pacy Tambling could be an on-ball option in a powerful team.

"He was never on-ball enough. You could see at training, he was a very good stoppage player. Very clean. He could be a ruck rover," Brown said.

Brown says he would be ideal at St Kilda, who went for Andrew Lovett for some run-and-carry last year and lost out. A year later, Tambling could be that man.

Tambling is also an ideal trade option for the Western Bulldogs, who have become a good "inside" team in need of some more "outside" run.

With Jarrod Harbrow all but gone, the Dogs should look to Tambling as an immediate replacement.

Harbrow will surely be deemed worth an end-of-first-round pick if he goes to the Gold Coast. Is it worth using that to try and get Tambling? Other names such as Andrejs Everitt or Josh Hill might come up.

A straight swap of Bachar Houli for Tambling has already been mooted, but that is a win for Essendon. Tambling has shown his best is better than Houli's.

Tambling has played 108 games in six seasons. The foundations are there.

He will forever be remembered at Tigerland for his role in the new facility, but he has the ability to remembered for much more ... maybe even a premiership player elsewhere.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/wholl-roll-the-richard-tambling-dice/story-e6frf9ox-1225925570773

"Enormous Currency"..... Gee my previous comments a few posts ago about getting a first round pick and a player for him don't seem so silly now do they people???? This is what we need to aim for, the highest price we can and it will be a first round pick and it should be a pick under 12 as I have previously mentoioned!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #983 on: September 18, 2010, 12:10:21 PM »
Why don't your comments seem silly now? Because Mark Stevens said that Tambo should have enormous currency come trade week?  ???

I agree, look for the highest bidder and try to get something good for him.If we snag a good player and a 1st round pick for him then I will be in shock.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #984 on: September 18, 2010, 12:14:23 PM »
You can have your shock, Davey, I think i would ejaculate.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #985 on: September 18, 2010, 12:16:05 PM »
You can have your shock, Davey, I think i would ejaculate.

:cheers

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #986 on: September 18, 2010, 12:22:26 PM »
Why don't your comments seem silly now? Because Mark Stevens said that Tambo should have enormous currency come trade week?  ???

I agree, look for the highest bidder and try to get something good for him.If we snag a good player and a 1st round pick for him then I will be in shock.

We should be aiming for a pick under 12 thats all I was saying and as it seems others agree with me, not that they said a pick under 12 but they certainly agree with his currency rating that not many on this forum do. Don't ever forget he was pick 3, regardless of his current form he was pick 3 end of story. Tambling could be turned aropund in a heart beat with the right people behind him IMO and other obviously recognise that as well. We need to aim high instead of just taking what we can get, like we do every year. Anyway got to go out for a ride now... ;D ;D ;D
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #987 on: September 18, 2010, 12:31:43 PM »
what pick you are taken at becomes irrelevant the moment you pull your first jumper on. Your currency is based mainly on performance and also on potential for younger blokes who haven't played many games.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #988 on: September 18, 2010, 12:36:52 PM »
Tambling was pick 4

[ :cheersquote author=WA Tiger link=topic=11910.msg206604#msg206604 date=1284776546]

We should be aiming for a pick under 12 thats all I was saying and as it seems others agree with me, not that they said a pick under 12 but they certainly agree with his currency rating that not many on this forum do. Don't ever forget he was pick 3, regardless of his current form he was pick 3 end of story. Tambling could be turned aropund in a heart beat with the right people behind him IMO and other obviously recognise that as well. We need to aim high instead of just taking what we can get, like we do every year. Anyway got to go out for a ride now... ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #989 on: September 18, 2010, 04:14:24 PM »
I don't think we really stuffed the picks up that much. At the time we chose players to fit our needs with those later picks, unfortunatly it was one of the shallowest drafts of all time, the players we picked just never came on. If you have a good look back at that draft from pick 12 (Meyer) there are only about 5 or 6 guys that have really done anything! and of that lot Shermin at pick 45 would the the pick of them. In hindsight the biggest mistake we made in that draft was not going for a key position player with our second pick (Buddy :D)

we used the picks from the ottens trade on Danny Meyer and Adam Patterson  ???

Have a look back at that draft Al, who would you have taken with those picks? Monfries, Shermin thats about it.........