Author Topic: Current players have committed to join Gold Coast  (Read 13482 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Any player manager worth his salt would be leveraging the begeezus out of this situation. I wouldn't be surprised if all out of contract players of any quality are being touted as potential pickups and it will be up to the clubs to tell the difference between the poo and the soil.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Brown was just one of several players eyeballed yesterday by club officials in the belief they had not only been targeted but secretly signed to confidentiality agreements.

This part is interesting. Could it be possible that even if sat down and asked face to face by their existing club, that the player in question cannot admit to signing because of the confidentiality agreement ??
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Brown was just one of several players eyeballed yesterday by club officials in the belief they had not only been targeted but secretly signed to confidentiality agreements.

This part is interesting. Could it be possible that even if sat down and asked face to face by their existing club, that the player in question cannot admit to signing because of the confidentiality agreement ??

I'm thinking that this is exactly what would happen.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Where did my post go???  ???

Ox

deledio will go there.
That way he can jak off over himself when he has a year round tan.

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
If one had to go, who would you prefer for it to be:
Deledio or Cotchin or Martin???
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline Harro80

• Future Richmond star
If one had to go, who would you prefer for it to be:
Deledio or Cotchin or Martin???
At the end of this year we will all say Deledio. Just you watch. Too Soft!!! He needs to shave his head for good (No more HOMO hair styles) and stop looking in the mirror at himself and harden the FK up!! He could be one of the clubs greats. I think he need that talk that Gary Ablett got from his team mates.

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
the way i see it we must keep

* Martin
 * Cotchin
 * Deledio

and a few talls who show promise Reiwoldt? Vickery?

if we do no have this to build around we are rooted

If these 3 players go,WE are stuffed.

If the AFL lets this happen,I will be soo stuffing peeed off.

I reckon the AFL don't give a toss seeing as they are greedy pigs who drink from the trough.

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
What happened to 10? protected players. Did that come about and if so you would have to think we had the option of changing from year to year given list changes.
You would also think that both Lids and Cotch and possibly Martin would be on our list of protected players.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Don't forget that this type of reporting can be very destablising for supporters and even clubs.

Now the press know how easy it is to set off the richmond supporter base and we all know how they love to do it, it sells newspapers and gets talk back really flying.

Now with Campbell Brown remember how supposedly the Hawks hung him out to dry at trade time by supposedly telling Port that he was available this is a little bit of tit for tat, it's an acceptible truth considering what allegedly happened. This may cause a little disruption in the hawk camp which is probably the intention and no doubt if they make the finals will be bought up again. This type of caper i believe will be used through out the year to create controvesy and destabalisation through various clubs especially top eight clubs going into finals. The press are onto a good one here. but all the same it doesn't mean it is not real but, just be aware of the possibility of red herrings because there will be some.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
I will keep saying it though, I believe the favouritisim given to new clubs by the AFL is over the top and a joke. Even if 6-8 current champs including Ablett join the GC17 with the draft selections they will have and N Ablett there they wiil win a premiership beforeus. They will also be able to sustain a spot in the top 8 for many year ala, the Eagles, Crows, Swans and even Port to some degree.

I do think they should get concesions just not as many as they are getting.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
offer him 350 and if he goes he goes. we'll get some good compo anyway.

if you consider a 2nd round pick good compo then yea
Yep as the compo is based on years in the AFL, game played, B&Fs won, etc .... we would get ripped off big time if one of our young guns was poached.

Let's hope paying the 92.5% minimum of the salary cap as we are gives us some flexibility to ward off any of the new teams' offers. With more senior players most likely getting the chop at the end of the year we should be pushing it to just reach the minimum in total player payments. I'm hoping clubs on the 100% cap edge will be more vunerable to a raid than us. The new teams will also need a "name" player(s) to sell the clubs to new AFL markets. As much as we love Cotch and think he'll become a star, someone living in Sydney or on the Gold Coast would go "Cotchin who?".
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Yep as the compo is based on years in the AFL, game played, B&Fs won, etc .... we would get ripped off big time if one of our young guns was poached.
It's also based on the pick they were taken at and age.
A #2 pick who came 3rd in the rising star in his first year and played 25 games in his first 2 years averaging 17 disposals is enough to get you a top pick

Won't happen though so I don't see the point discussing it further

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
I don't believe it will happen either but for the sake of the argument losing a player who was pick 2 even for a top 5 pick means at best we'd be getting a similar quality junior in return but two and half years behind in development. So it sets the existing club especially one rebuilding back.

The AFL desperately wants these new teams up and running successfully on-field a.s.a.p. in their new markets. The likelihood of fair compensation for an exisiting club isn't set in stone.  
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Roos didn't hold back today on this ....

Paul Roos has called on the League and the AFL Players' Association to reveal the names of any players who have already signed with Gold Coast for 2011.

"My message is that if the AFL and the AFL Players' Association are saying that it's within the rules and there's nothing wrong with it, [then] come out and tell us who the players are," he said.

"If you're ashamed of it and you want to hide behind it, then obviously they think there's something wrong with it as well."

Having seen at close quarters the disharmony caused in the NRL when players announced mid-season that they would join an opposition club, Roos said the AFL should do everything possible to avoid that scenario.

Full article at:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/89673/default.aspx