Author Topic: Current players have committed to join Gold Coast  (Read 13475 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Ch 10's sports report had Cotchin as one of the six players. The others are Ablett, Campbell Brown, Cloke, Hurley and Harbrow.

GC17 denying they have signed anyone yet and Guy McKenna said it would be unethical. However Ch 10 said they have spoken to the six players and no one at GC17 is denying it.

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
I would really prefer if Cotchins name would be dropped from these reports, if only for the sake of the OER banner!!

I could understand if the kid leaves, but to watch the his best footy in another jumper would be pretty well... its at times like these that a swear filter does not allow for full expression!

Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Ch 10's sports report had Cotchin as one of the six players. The others are Ablett, Campbell Brown, Cloke, Hurley and Harbrow.

GC17 denying they have signed anyone yet and Guy McKenna said it would be unethical. However Ch 10 said they have spoken to the six players and no one at GC17 is denying it.

BEAT UP.

Cotchin will sign with us.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame

What a load of bollocks!

GC17 denying they have signed anyone yet chanel 10 said no-one at GC17 is denying it ??? ???
Ch 10 said they have spoken to the 6 players, well ch 10 wtf did they say ??? ???

They obviously have not admitted it.

Speak to the hand CH 10.

Morons!
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Gold Coast denies using loophole (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2010, 09:09:59 PM »
Gold Coast denies using loophole

* AAP
    * February 23, 2010 6:23PM

GOLD Coast coach Guy McKenna has denied the expansion club has already reached binding agreements with current AFL players, saying it would not be "in the true ethics of the game".

McKenna said speculation that players such as Geelong's Gary Ablett, Hawthorn's Campbell Brown or Richmond's Trent Cotchin might already have signed for the club's 2011 AFL debut season was "news to me".

"I wouldn't think generally speaking that's right in the true ethics of the game," McKenna said.

"I find that very hard to believe."

However, McKenna said the Gold Coast had an obligation to put together the best playing roster possible.

"The rules are there from a salary cap point of view for the uncontracted players coming out in 2010 and it would be derelict of my duty not to go after the best available," he said.

Asked to name the targeted players, he said the candidates were obvious.

"Blind Freddy would know who they are," he said.

While McKenna denied deals had already been done, he said the club had been busy sounding out players.

"Those players are going into a season and in some cases we've had a chat and in some cases we haven't," he said, as the club launched a campaign to attract 10,000 members before next year's debut.

"We'll have another window of opportunity, that comes up at the end of the season when we can do that again.

"It's all about those players going out and playing the best they can and performing.

"If they do that we'd still be interested in them but if they don't, we might go off them, who knows, that's the nature of football."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/gold-coast-denies-using-loophole/story-e6frf9jf-1225833582352

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com

What a load of bollocks!

GC17 denying they have signed anyone yet chanel 10 said no-one at GC17 is denying it ??? ???
Ch 10 said they have spoken to the 6 players, well ch 10 wtf did they say ??? ???

They obviously have not admitted it.

Speak to the hand CH 10.

Morons!
Ch 10 said GC17 denied any agreements had been signed already. As far as having spoken to the six players Ch 10 said GC17 weren't denying that. McKenna saying blind freddy knows who the players are means they are after them. For our sake hopefully Cotch told them to bugger off. For some reason I could see Cloke going if the Pies fail again. Their window is closing and no brothers either to hold him at Collingwood anymore and of course Damir walked out as captain on us  :scream so he can hardly tell his son not to do so. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Meh to Ch10's assertions. Attention seeking media muppets.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Tony Leonard just mentioned on radio that rumour is that Campbell Brown and Trent Cotchin have already signed with GC17.

Where he hears these rumours, I don't know.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Personally I don't believe it for a second but if Cotchin has indeed been found to have already signed, he can go and play for the Southport Sharks as a warm up this season.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
Tony Leonard just mentioned on radio that rumour is that Campbell Brown and Trent Cotchin have already signed with GC17.

I'd put money on Big Footy.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia

I'd put money on Big Footy.

Thing is al, the same names keep popping up, in papers, on TV and on forums. There must be some element of truth to it, whether it has just been meetings, or he has in fact signed.

I hope that the Tigers find out the truth ASAP and let the fans know what the situation is.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
I think those names keep popping up because they are the obvious targets. As Mckenna said "Blind Freddy would know who they are,".

Just because something is repeated over and over again, doenst mean it's true, particularly when it's posted on internet forums predominantly by 12 year olds and adulds with 12 year old mentalities.

No doubt some of those targeted and spoken to will end up at GC17 but at the moment it's just speculation fueled by the media who are starting to show a propensity to draw stories from the above mentioned forums, which then further inflames the rumors on these forums.

So round and round it goes, where it stops no one knows.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
Personally I don't believe it for a second but if Cotchin has indeed been found to have already signed, he can go and play for the Southport Sharks as a warm up this season.

Thats pretty much my attitude too MM, but then again the compensation would be worth more if was to be gifted a B&F this year.  :whistle

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame

Thats pretty much my attitude too MM, but then again the compensation would be worth more if was to be gifted a B&F this year.  :whistle

He's been playing less than 4 years so his draft order will be the largest factor but a high finish wouldn't hurt, I agree.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯

what a nuff nuff!

:)