Author Topic: Connors 8 weeks suspension, McGuane, Cuz, Polo cop 1 week for Sydney Hotel misbehaviour  (Read 19208 times)

jackstar is back again

Re: Sydney Hotel Issue on Sat night
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 10:54:00 PM »
If what's reported in the Herald-Sun is all there is then storm in a teacup stuff.

I beleive you might be wrong in this instance :banghead

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 10:58:26 PM »
We talking Nate Miles proportions  ;D

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 11:02:36 PM »
If what's reported in the Herald-Sun is all there is then storm in a teacup stuff.

It still happened though and it's not good enough. I watched them interviewing McDonald today after the Dees won and the reporter said so will you be celebrating with a few beers? McDonald said, no I am off the drink for the season.. Not our boys though, never mind trying to be a bit professional, I mean really, Roberts has already been suspended and now this. Whats going on down there??
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 11:05:29 PM »

I did say based on what the Herald-Sun says so far. After a night game the players mostly 18-22 y.o. were up to 3am and got a bit noisy. Call the principal  :whistle.

It'd be more serious if....
There was any property damage?
Staff or other hotel guests were abused verbally or physically?
Did they get smashed as opposed to just having a couple of beers?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 11:18:17 PM »

It still happened though and it's not good enough. I watched them interviewing McDonald today after the Dees won and the reporter said so will you be celebrating with a few beers? McDonald said, no I am off the drink for the season.. Not our boys though, never mind trying to be a bit professional, I mean really, Roberts has already been suspended and now this. Whats going on down there??

My sentiments exactly!! Not happy with being a laughing stock on the field, wanna assume the off field one aswell?? this calls for the official tiger supporter icon  :banghead
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 11:19:00 PM »
 :cheers too much of this going on...some ended up like this :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 11:23:53 PM »

I wouldn't be celebrating either if I was Melbourne. Just one goal to half-time and they only won because they had 4 extra players.

Look I don't believe players can now drink in season for recovery reasons but a number still do at many clubs. I'm just saying I'll wait until I hear exactly what happened before demanding a hanging offence. On what's been written so far in Herald-Sun the first thing I said to myself reading it was "Is that all!". The way everyone was carrying on I thought we had trashed the joint like some egocentric self-obsessed rockband throwing the tv out of the window and demanding Maccas delivered to their hotel room at 3am.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tigermonk

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 11:25:36 PM »
no-one cares  ;D

jackstar is back again

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2010, 11:28:51 PM »
Well ::)
This isnt the first time this season.
Would think that the coach isnt as hard as people suggest either.
Most clubs have curfews when interstate due to recovery sessions and early flights etc.
And most clubs ban drinking as well, not the case at Punt Road.
Will say this, it seems that players think that playing AFL is a privledge, This group of players will need to pull there finger out quick, as we seem to be sliding into a big black hole, this isnt good

jackstar is back again

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2010, 11:29:29 PM »
no-one cares  ;D

Your 100% correct, they dont care :banghead

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2010, 11:30:59 PM »

I wouldn't be celebrating either if I was Melbourne. Just one goal to half-time and they only won because they had 4 extra players.

Look I don't believe players can now drink in season for recovery reasons but a number still do at many clubs. I'm just saying I'll wait until I hear exactly what happened before demanding a hanging offence. On what's been written so far in Herald-Sun the first thing I said to myself reading it was "Is that all!". The way everyone was carrying on I thought we had trashed the joint like some egocentric self-obsessed rockband throwing the tv out of the window and demanding Maccas delivered to their hotel room at 3am.

Melbourne won we didn't, regardless of how they won, they also pushed the Pies and really should have won that game. They are playing better than us and they are not having any trouble off field. Regardless of what our players were doing, I don't care if they were singing Christmas Carols at 3 in the morning, they should not be doing anything at 3 in the morning other than sleeping. No excuses!!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

jackstar is back again

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2010, 11:31:47 PM »
and stuff putting them up at the Intercontinental, next interstate game they can stay at a Formula 1 or a Caravan Park :lol

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2010, 11:31:57 PM »
Well ::)
This isnt the first time this season.
Would think that the coach isnt as hard as people suggest either.
Most clubs have curfews when interstate due to recovery sessions and early flights etc.
And most clubs ban drinking as well, not the case at Punt Road.
Will say this, it seems that players think that playing AFL is a privledge, This group of players will need to pull there finger out quick, as we seem to be sliding into a big black hole, this isnt good

Totally agree!!

"Rucks:

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2010, 11:37:09 PM »

I did say based on what the Herald-Sun says so far. After a night game the players mostly 18-22 y.o. were up to 3am and got a bit noisy. Call the principal  :whistle.

It'd be more serious if....
There was any property damage?
Staff or other hotel guests were abused verbally or physically?
Did they get smashed as opposed to just having a couple of beers?
:thumbsup

Shock horror, they were drinking at the hotel bar they were staying at and may have got a bit loud in the bar.

The fact they were still going 'til 3am is clearly potential curfew issue that would need to be dealt with but apart from that what is the issue??

Let's remember that these guys finished the game at 10:15ish I would guess.  Would have then had a coaches chat, a warm down etc and then transport to the hotel.  By that time it's far later and they have stopped into the bar in the hotel they are staying for a couple of drinks and by then the time could easily be 3am.  The only reason this will get any currency in the media is because they have the opportunity to mention Ben Cousins.

I'm with MT, unless there is some kind of extra aspect to this the HUN is holding back this is a storm in a teacup that can comfortably be dealt with internally and certainly without suspension.  It's not great to hear but geez, surely there are bigger things going on in the world.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Tigermonk

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2010, 11:43:21 PM »
and stuff putting them up at the Intercontinental, next interstate game they can stay at a Formula 1 or a Caravan Park :lol

they still get into strife. they dont wanna do the hard work & it stands out. seen so many walkers last night. one mate said l cant beleive what we are seeing here.