Author Topic: Connors 8 weeks suspension, McGuane, Cuz, Polo cop 1 week for Sydney Hotel misbehaviour  (Read 19227 times)

Ox

Re: Sydney Hotel Issue on Sat night
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2010, 10:02:22 AM »
If what's reported in the Herald-Sun is all there is then storm in a teacup stuff.

OH MY GOD

They stayed awake in their rooms until 3am -BAD LITTLE BOYS !!!!!

How dare they stay up that latE and indulge in private banter.

The media are clearly on a witch hunt....and Ben is the wicked one from the west.....FFS !!!

Ox

« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2010, 10:12:20 AM »
Im more concerned with the fact Hardwick seems not as hard as what was originally thought.

if he really wanted to turn things around he would start with zero tolerance on late night sessions.

This is the what 3rd alcohol related issue with our club this summer and we have been smashed 3 times to boot.

Not good enough a disgrace actually.

I think we should get rid of Cousins now. He hasn't really improved our situation on or off the field since he arrived, so not to sure what he is good for.

Id rather see a new kid take his place to be honest. They are our future now not him.

Would totally agree.
Its seems they dont get the message or Hardwick isnt as hard as people think.
Really being on the drink and doing the rehab 5 hours later, aint good.
Supporters have bled for this club foir years, these guys just think its a privledge
Asfor the Cus,I love the Cous but I think it maybe a good idea to part company

who are they jack,u old mole.

Fair dInkum,ur posts are getting predictable - just like the last 3 years.
U dont even know what or who,other than cosuins but u have already stuck the boots in.
You judge from such a high moral view yet the comments seem laced with personal bitterness.

STFU man,because rite now,u look as hell bent on discrediting the club as the media,solely on the grounds "u worked at the club"

Not a good look.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2010, 10:47:17 AM »
The fact there was no official complaint and the source is one unidentified person, it could be completely made up.
My initial reaction was to suspend any player involved, however I'm not so sure now.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2010, 11:02:11 AM »
After 3 disgusting performances like that they don't have the right to even go back and have one beer, they should have gone and watched a replay of the crap we have to endure every week before celebrating a loss like that. Regardless of what happened, it has made headlines and the sort of headlines we DON'T need. Ask yourself this, did they deserve to go back to the Hotel and carry on at 3am in the morning they woke up professional athletes doing the right thing...... take a leaf out of their book Richmond FFS.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 11:28:41 AM by WA Tiger »
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2010, 11:07:29 AM »
call me a little crazy but I would have thought after a third week of humiliating losses, DH would have had the team up at 500am for a morning dip at Bondi followed by an 1 hour or so charging up sand dunes with tractor tyres chained to thier hips...That's the kinda headline I wanna read not some booze up after an arse kicking... that makes me sick to the core :'(
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

FNM

« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2010, 11:13:44 AM »
call me a little crazy but I would have thought after a third week of humiliating losses, DH would have had the team up at 500am for a morning dip at Bondi followed by an 1 hour or so charging up sand dunes with tractor tyres chained to thier hips...That's the kinda headline I wanna read not some booze up after an behind kicking... that makes me sick to the core :'(
Hey, that's what you get when you have a team of losers from the '90s taking over management of the club
If it's true that a few are going off the rails, and this is hardly going off the rails IMO, what's happening with the management of the club?
We didn't have these headlines last year

Offline nahadaman

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2010, 11:18:42 AM »
I totally agree, for starters make them go back and watch a replay of the game till 3 am. They dont deserve a beer after three floggings. If its that important for them to have a beer that much, why not tell they can have one when they win a game. Till then Hardwick can flog em on the track and they can work towards that prized and deserved after game celebratery beer.!

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2010, 11:27:40 AM »
call me a little crazy but I would have thought after a third week of humiliating losses, DH would have had the team up at 500am for a morning dip at Bondi followed by an 1 hour or so charging up sand dunes with tractor tyres chained to thier hips...That's the kinda headline I wanna read not some booze up after an behind kicking... that makes me sick to the core :'(
Hey, that's what you get when you have a team of losers from the '90s taking over management of the club
If it's true that a few are going off the rails, and this is hardly going off the rails IMO, what's happening with the management of the club?
We didn't have these headlines last year

hmm, not sure where DH and his team fit that mould, nice try but you'll need to get up earlier to get the worm forarsy ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

FNM

« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2010, 11:30:33 AM »
I was talking about off field - Tony Free and co

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2010, 11:35:47 AM »

;)
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2010, 11:37:14 AM »
Our football club is just the easiest way to get in the paper for any journo.

Look its bad press but storm in a tea cup stuff unless something else comes out.

Breaking curfew slap on the wrist.

They've had a rough start to the season.
They made the decision to enjoy each others company instead of sulk by themselves
They made the decision to do it privately and not in public

At the end of the day unfortunatly they've represented us poorly but if thats as bad as it gets then I'll cop it.

----------------
Funny story:

This year I was involved in an Under 18 20/20 Gaterade National Championship that was held at Sydney. Cut the story short. The Tasmanian team lost the first 2 games and went on the turps on the 1st night. As a result, 3 players were caught on hotel cameras nude in the elevators with nothing but cricket pads, gloves and helmets on.

As much as its unacceptable behaviour you have to realise that it's a bunch of guys around each other for the first time and want to have a bit of fun. They didn't hurt anyone. Same as our Richmond guys.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2010, 11:37:28 AM »
After 3 disgusting performances like that they don't have the right to even go back and have one beer, they should have gone and watched a replay of the crap we have to endure every week before celebrating a loss like that. Regardless of what happened, it has made headlines and the sort of headlines we DON'T need. Ask yourself this, did they deserve to go back to the Hotel and carry on at 3am in the morning they woke up professional athletes doing the right thing...... take a leaf out of their book Richmond FFS.

Poor attitude.

It was kept private, is there a curfew to going to sleep of being back at the hotel? If its only not being out in public then no1 has broken a curfew. No1 has broken anylaws. Even ethical laws.

Some guys made the decision to enjoy each others company all be it a little later than normal and a bit louder.

If it were Freo no1 woudl be talking about it. If Cousins wasn't involved no1 woudl be talking about it.
Go Tigers!

TigerTimeII

« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2010, 11:46:43 AM »

settle down

they do have the right to do that , the review process starts later not straight away, let the boys enjoy eacj others company

no one has made an official complainyt cos they did nothing wrong , just made some noise big effing deal

ffs. some of u supporters
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 12:47:23 PM by one-eyed »

TigerTimeII

« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2010, 11:53:37 AM »

thats does not work ffs

positive reinforcement works, and hardwick is doing the right thing

those old school bs things work for one week not long term.

if the players were not having a go fair enough , but they are having a fair dinkum crack, they cant be punished for for losing, but praised for their efforts and for what they do right and educated on what they do wrong

ffs, we finally have someone going through a proper process

as dimma says its not about the scoreboard but the process, if u fans dont like it and want a quick fix f off

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2010, 12:00:06 PM »

Poor attitude.

It was kept private, is there a curfew to going to sleep of being back at the hotel? If its only not being out in public then no1 has broken a curfew. No1 has broken anylaws. Even ethical laws.

Some guys made the decision to enjoy each others company all be it a little later than normal and a bit louder.

If it were Freo no1 woudl be talking about it. If Cousins wasn't involved no1 woudl be talking about it.

It's not Freo it us and if you are condoning this sort of behaviour after the crap we have watched then God help us, BTW quote a few of the other posters that are saying the same as me!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"