Author Topic: info@richmond email communication  (Read 3009 times)

Ramps

info@richmond email communication
« on: May 17, 2010, 05:33:28 PM »
As a member I would have thought that if you have some concerns or indeed some very fair questions and you ask them in a very fair email communication, that someone at the club would bother to ring you back or email you a response.

Sadly this has always been an issue at Richmond for as long as I remember- not that I communicate often- its been many years since I did, but the response or lack of is the same.

On the other hand today, I got communications from the Woolworths-ALH Group re: the Royal Oak, I will not go into what was said about there reasons (Its not for me to do anyones bidding or provide a summary or even indeed hint at what was implied although what was implied would be of concern if its how it is but for now lets just say that it was just business- from the ALH point of view ::)

But back to my issue, Its not right that a member who has written a very fair email, with decent questions- not using abuse or vitriol or anything is not responded too. The club would do well to improve this not only in terms of supporters but across the whole spectrum of supporters.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: info@richmond email communication
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 06:36:19 PM »
As a member I would have thought that if you have some concerns or indeed some very fair questions and you ask them in a very fair email communication, that someone at the club would bother to ring you back or email you a response.

Sadly this has always been an issue at Richmond for as long as I remember- not that I communicate often- its been many years since I did, but the response or lack of is the same.

On the other hand today, I got communications from the Woolworths-ALH Group re: the Royal Oak, I will not go into what was said about there reasons (Its not for me to do anyones bidding or provide a summary or even indeed hint at what was implied although what was implied would be of concern if its how it is but for now lets just say that it was just business- from the ALH point of view ::)

But back to my issue, Its not right that a member who has written a very fair email, with decent questions- not using abuse or vitriol or anything is not responded too. The club would do well to improve this not only in terms of supporters but across the whole spectrum of supporters.

I can't remember the email but I will attempt to find it but if you email the marketing/media department communicator (I think her name was Sally [this was a year or two ago] they've been good to replying to emails in the past.  I never ever got a reply from info@richmond.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 06:48:46 PM »

Ramps, I am assuming this email from woolies was in reply to an email you sent them?

If so could you post both please?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 06:50:45 PM »

I can't remember the email but I will attempt to find it but if you email the marketing/media department communicator (I think her name was Sally [this was a year or two ago] they've been good to replying to emails in the past.  I never ever got a reply from info@richmond.

Would you be able to post the direct line to Sally here if you get the chance?

Ramps

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 06:53:45 PM »

Ramps, I am assuming this email from woolies was in reply to an email you sent them?

The Woolworths site has an online form you fill out- so its gets sent as an email to them or a message, I dont have what I sent as I didnt save it. As for the communication from them it came in the form of a phonecall that lasted about 10 minutes maybe a little bit more. I took some basic notes, but I dont feel that I can put them up for public consumption. If the club wants to know what was said, I am happy to tell them, they have an email I sent them last week, they have my contact details, I would be most interested in hearing the clubs side of the story at this stage as well to be honest but getting back to your point, I dont feel that I should be putting up emails or notes at this stage.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 07:12:14 PM »
NOT TRUE, i ONCE HAD GREG MILLERS EMAIL, someone I knew was considering not rejoing as a member I penned a personal email requesting help...low and behold a player called him and the rest is history...
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 07:28:50 PM »
NOT TRUE, i ONCE HAD GREG MILLERS EMAIL, someone I knew was considering not rejoing as a member I penned a personal email requesting help...low and behold a player called him and the rest is history...

Jackstar?

Ramps

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 08:09:02 PM »

whats not true Bojangles? Im just telling it how it is that is all, if you had someones private email thats great but most of us dont have the personal email addresses of Richmond people past or present, I sent email last week, there has been no response, it similar to what was happening years ago - thats also from personal experience.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 08:31:51 PM »
I know how you feel Ramps. I think since the Walls era I have found the club to be unresponsive to communication put forth by the fans.

The last time I had someone from the club contact me was Jim Malone in 1997 after we lost 3 in a row from rounds 5-7 in a really poor way. I can remember talking to him for about 10-15 minutes in a respectful but robust and earnest manner and he basically told me that it was our GF against the Eagles on that Monday night and no matter what we would win.

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 08:58:05 PM »

Do you want them to employ a tribe of people to deal with the vast amount of "very fair questions" they'd receive from supporters? Who's going to pay for that? Also, I bet they're sick of what you say are "fair questions" and "concerns". I bet they get some rippers.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 08:59:32 PM »
Well I just sent them the Tiger Nation idea, so hopefully someone is checking it.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 09:00:18 PM »

Do you want them to employ a tribe of people to deal with the vast amount of "very fair questions" they'd receive from supporters? Who's going to pay for that? Also, I bet they're sick of what you say are "fair questions" and "concerns". I bet they get some rippers.

Is Tony Greenberg still at the club?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 09:30:35 PM »

The Woolworths site has an online form you fill out- so its gets sent as an email to them or a message, I dont have what I sent as I didnt save it. As for the communication from them it came in the form of a phonecall that lasted about 10 minutes maybe a little bit more. I took some basic notes, but I dont feel that I can put them up for public consumption. If the club wants to know what was said, I am happy to tell them, they have an email I sent them last week, they have my contact details, I would be most interested in hearing the clubs side of the story at this stage as well to be honest but getting back to your point, I dont feel that I should be putting up emails or notes at this stage.

Fair enough.
Interesting they called you.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Ramps

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2010, 09:57:09 PM »

Are you trying to be a smart arse or what- look in the end, its no skin of my nose, If they dont want to answer my questions they dont have too. As a member I believe Im entitled to get a response, if clubs dont want to respond to there clubs owners- the members- then they shouldnt ask people to buy memberships.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2010, 09:58:09 PM »

Is Tony Greenberg still at the club?

Yep
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)