Author Topic: Why Does Our Club Leak Like A effing Sieve (sp)  (Read 5879 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Why Does Our Club Leak Like A effing Sieve (sp)
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2010, 06:10:39 PM »
Which means our entire draft is potentially compromised.
Given the eveness of the draft it won't surprise me if most of those names don't end up at Punt Rd.

As for Conca there's word going around that with the top 10 being counted down backwards the AFL wanted to know the order beforehand so they could fly up the top kids to the Gold Coast so they were present when their names are called out and presented on stage.
:'( :-\

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2010, 06:20:19 PM »
Is there any chance this was a deliberate act?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 06:27:12 PM »
Given the eveness of the draft it won't surprise me if most of those names don't end up at Punt Rd.

No way.  We only got one fair dinkum pick and that's 6.  all those others will be gone for sure by the time we have pick 37 or whatever it is.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 06:44:02 PM »
Is there any chance this was a deliberate act?
I don't believe so al. More like stupidity by the IT guy posting files as publicly accessible rather than private  :P.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 06:50:09 PM »
Is the club trying to claim that Conca page was hacked? Sure it wasn't officially published but it was still publicly accessible (and the url with his name still is) so to say it wasn't published by the club is laughable. The IT guy has admitted he's done 20 names. If he's using Unix/Linux he obviously hasn't heard of the basic command 'chmod'  ::). Not the first time either the public have been able to access info on the RFC site before it's release date.

Can't be compromised RRJ.  The only pick we can know with any degree of certainty is our earliest pick and only then because it is quite high.  The rest are in the hands of fate, hence the 20 names.  Although I will agree that it screams we are taking Conca with our first pick unless someone does a 'Roughead'.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 07:38:31 PM »
Explain to me how the stuff both news papers knew who we were going to draft at #6 this morning?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 08:02:23 PM »
Explain to me how the eff both news papers knew who we were going to draft at #6 this morning?

Because they saw a page on our website that shouldn't have been published and they most likely heard that the AFL had to get Conca to the GC after they hadn't bothered to invite him.  Doesn't mean our whole draft was compromised, just that they had proof of what most of the football world knew and in all fairness they knew that about the top 6 picks anyway, not just ours.  Big deal.  I'm more interested in how good our draft picks are going to be, not who knew before who.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 08:06:50 PM »
Explain to me how the eff both news papers knew who we were going to draft at #6 this morning?

Because they saw a page on our website that shouldn't have been published and they most likely heard that the AFL had to get Conca to the GC after they hadn't bothered to invite him.  Doesn't mean our whole draft was compromised, just that they had proof of what most of the football world knew and in all fairness they knew that about the top 6 picks anyway, not just ours.  Big deal.  I'm more interested in how good our draft picks are going to be, not who knew before who.

thats true the part about how good our picks turn out to be but smokey this is a thread about why our club leaks like that.

Seriously its pretty pathetic and the club can sugar coact it as much as they want but everyone knew about it this morning.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ramps

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 08:29:41 PM »
the guy should be sacked imho.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2010, 08:32:17 PM »
 :banghead

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2010, 08:32:42 PM »
What makes it even worse is that even now after the draft has finished there are still only 3 profiles up on the Richmond website
What is the point of uploading them in advance if you aren't going to make them go live as soon as they are selected?

Should be hung drawn and quartered out on Punt Road Oval

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2010, 10:15:44 PM »
It's disappointing and reflects poorly on the club. Having said that, it's no big deal but just seems like just a basic and avoidable cock up
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2010, 10:17:59 PM »
Disappointing and has been hapenning for years at our footy club. :help

Offline TigerTimTam

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2010, 04:54:14 PM »
This is ridiculous could cost us very, very dearly one day. Must stop. Somebody has to be accountable for these types of mistakes. It makes me so mad  :banghead.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2010, 07:15:58 PM »
Dont get me started about the RFC the Titantic ::)