Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 747705 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #5820 on: September 05, 2022, 07:01:13 PM »
Word is Josh Frydenberg is looking for a seat to re-enter politics.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5821 on: October 17, 2022, 07:15:45 PM »
ScoMo has a new job.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/business/work/scott-morrison-joins-global-speaking-group-for-postprime-ministership-engagements/news-story/de7856695b6ed47ce0c8b7ecae703aff

The former PM’s bio on the WWSG website describes him as “the true definition of a leader with a 360-degree worldview”.

“During his tenure, Morrison was tasked with several difficulties that required unique and innovative solutions,” it reads.

“From managing the public safety of Australians during the pandemic to mitigating an economic crisis, controlling natural disasters, and leading the country while others were at war — Prime Minister Morrison led Australia with his particular brand of calm decisiveness and rationale. A globalisation mastermind, Morrison lends his boundless influence and experience to audiences around the world.”

Broadsword

« Reply #5822 on: October 17, 2022, 07:23:49 PM »
Boring.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5823 on: October 20, 2022, 10:31:54 PM »
well this is a surprise. I see the greens are up to no good. Not that any of the leftys here would bring it up, because apparently only scomo is corrupt and this goes against that perception . :shh  :shh
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5824 on: October 21, 2022, 02:49:57 AM »
The media headlines seemed more interested in mentioning Dusty ::) because it was his uncle rather than the issue being that Thorpe had a relationship with a former outlaw bikie gang president (who he is related to is irrelevant) while she sat on a parliamentary law enforcement committee. The media keep using Dusty's name as clickbait even when the story has nothing to do with him and they wonder why he doesn't want anything to do with them.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5825 on: October 21, 2022, 12:05:23 PM »
well this is a surprise. I see the greens are up to no good. Not that any of the leftys here would bring it up, because apparently only scomo is corrupt and this goes against that perception .

The Federal Corruption body will no doubt prove that ScoMo was not alone in being corrupt.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5826 on: October 24, 2022, 02:15:43 PM »
well this is a surprise. I see the greens are up to no good. Not that any of the leftys here would bring it up, because apparently only scomo is corrupt and this goes against that perception . :shh  :shh

I don't normally agree with Mr Dutton but totally agree with him about Thorpe

She is not fit to be in parliament. She wasn't before but even less so now.

Incredibly weak by Brandt and their party not sacking her or booting her out of their party.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5827 on: October 25, 2022, 04:06:42 AM »
Interesting.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/dutton-to-avoid-victoria-as-guy-and-colleagues-scrub-liberal-branding-20221024-p5bs95.html

Federal Liberal leader Peter Dutton will avoid the Victorian election campaign, as state Opposition Leader Matthew Guy and some senior colleagues scrub Liberal branding from campaign material.

A Victorian Liberal source, speaking anonymously to detail private thinking, said Dutton would not be appearing with Guy before the November ballot in which the Coalition trails in published polls.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5828 on: October 26, 2022, 01:51:37 AM »
Interesting.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/dutton-to-avoid-victoria-as-guy-and-colleagues-scrub-liberal-branding-20221024-p5bs95.html

Federal Liberal leader Peter Dutton will avoid the Victorian election campaign, as state Opposition Leader Matthew Guy and some senior colleagues scrub Liberal branding from campaign material.

A Victorian Liberal source, speaking anonymously to detail private thinking, said Dutton would not be appearing with Guy before the November ballot in which the Coalition trails in published polls.

Yeah, I got one of their brandless pamphlets in my junk mail. Funny the Libs are ashamed of their own party but according to the VEC's twitter account it's technically legal provided there's an authorisation name and address on it. As for Dutton - he is political poison in Victoria.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5829 on: October 27, 2022, 06:43:22 PM »
Here come the cracks.

https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/ben-fordham-fires-up-over-chalmers-275-power-bills-stumble/news-story/0e5677b575785c4fcdfc78c60fac9e72

This was a guy who blamed scomo for the rate rises (before it was a thing) l cost of living crisis (when it was supply and Ukraine’s fault) , debt and anything else. Now he stumbles through simple questions, and the cost of living is now “world wide problems)

Can’t believe he calls himself a doctor. Him/He would be more appropriate.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5830 on: October 27, 2022, 06:55:31 PM »
Pardon?

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5831 on: November 12, 2022, 08:17:09 AM »
https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/ibac-chief-wanted-andrews-corruption-probe-to-be-heard-in-public-20221111-p5bxk3.html

Imagine it was scomo. Hang on it was and you lot were wetting your beds. To think the Sydney chic operates under different rules than Victoria.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5832 on: November 16, 2022, 07:14:56 AM »

What are the Libs hiding?

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/victorians-liberals-use-legal-loophole-to-stall-donation-investigations-20221115-p5byb7.html

The Liberal Party has used a legal loophole to stall a probe into leader Matthew Guy and his former chief of staff, the outcome of which Victorians will not learn until after the state election.

Two sources familiar with the party’s legal approach, speaking anonymously because the investigation is confidential, said lawyers had requested a review into orders of Victorian Electoral Commission (VEC) investigators, causing the investigation to drag out by months.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5833 on: November 16, 2022, 08:32:52 AM »
Integrity issues on all sides of politics

Who would have thought.  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5834 on: November 19, 2022, 06:58:36 PM »
Well I've voted. Learnt that sprinting into the local hall helps avoid having HTV cards shoved in your face lol.

ps. And for the record I voted below the line in the upper house where you determine your own preferences.