Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 775797 times)

Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #360 on: July 15, 2011, 11:07:52 AM »

Whoa...I think I need a month to digest all of that MT.

How about a picture then

from http://www.abc.net.au/news/specials/climate-change/pricing-explained/

10 FLAGS

« Reply #361 on: July 15, 2011, 12:05:48 PM »
And then all the world saw all these little piggies flying across the sky  :lol

« Reply #362 on: July 15, 2011, 12:11:12 PM »

Too simple an explanation?

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #363 on: July 15, 2011, 12:45:48 PM »
The problem I have & relates to me being a sparky ,is that the humble incandescent lamp is very effective & cheap to make , now compare that to its replacement in a compact fluoro, many many processes to build, using yes energy & yes emitting carbon during the manufacturing.
Therefore my opinion is that over the life of the lamp the energy savings & therefore the carbon emission’s are most probably LESS using the incandescent

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #364 on: July 15, 2011, 01:26:29 PM »

how about cutting out the "Crap" and replace coal with nuclear energy accross the country? Stop selling coal. 

Are you greenies fairdinkum or is that too simple an answer. 
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #365 on: July 15, 2011, 06:25:25 PM »

And al, if you want to debate this, stop following the MT "road train" just so you can feed on any road kill left in his wake. Throwing a truck load of links at me is lazy and does not provide you with any credibility.  This is not the first time you have done this. You are looking like the kid at school standing behind the bully saying "yeah what he says".

hmm. following the MT road train by commenting on the one part of your post. a truck load of links to scientific papers to back up what i say and counter your comment does not provide me with any credability? It is all a little clearer now.

I think you may have missed dook's point about the collection plate,  but surely you are taking the pee when you say you put money on the plate and collected it. your not saying you're a god botherer are you? didn't you once accuse me of holding to Geez dick?

What planet are you from??? It is you who have missed the point. I WAS a friggin collector you tool. I collected the money pew by pew and then gave the money to the head collector.
Don't tell me what I do or don't understand. Dooks was talking about everyone chipping in for the collective good.

And what is a Geez dick??  :rollin You are clueless pal. Stick to your Simpsons quotes they make you appear far more intelligent.

the point was.
I can't beleive it. You people are brainwashed.

When you go to your church, do you put money in the collection plate

think about it, im sure you'll get it eventually, given that someone as clueless as myself can.

as for the Geez dick comment that is my mistake. you actally said i waiting for him turn up so i could stick my finger in his palm, which seems to be slag off at at those that believe in that sort of thing which is why i was surprised when you indicated you were a churchie.

this was in response to me wanting facts before i made a decision on this particular subject, something that those that play for your team seem way short on being able to produce.

I have to admit i am surprised that you so quickly resort to name calling when you don't have an otherwise valid response.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #366 on: July 15, 2011, 08:15:12 PM »

how about cutting out the "Crap" and replace coal with nuclear energy accross the country? Stop selling coal. 

Are you greenies fairdinkum or is that too simple an answer. 

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #367 on: July 16, 2011, 12:11:01 AM »
And what is a Geez dick?? 

A fictional character's penis?
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #368 on: July 16, 2011, 12:55:11 AM »
Westpac economist Bill Evans yesterday reversed the bank's long-held view that the next move in interest rates would be up, saying things had turned so bad so quickly that rates could be slashed over the next 12 months by 100 basis points. If passed on in full, this would slash the current standard variable home rate of about 7.8 per cent to 6.8 per cent.

He also warned that unemployment was set to jump next year, possibly as high as 5.75 per cent, from 4.9 per cent now.

Sounds like the worst time to be introducing one of the biggest taxes this country has ever seen.
We can thank Swan and Gillard for stuffing up the economy.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #369 on: July 16, 2011, 08:55:48 AM »

And al, if you want to debate this, stop following the MT "road train" just so you can feed on any road kill left in his wake. Throwing a truck load of links at me is lazy and does not provide you with any credibility.  This is not the first time you have done this. You are looking like the kid at school standing behind the bully saying "yeah what he says".
hmm. following the MT road train by commenting on the one part of your post. a truck load of links to scientific papers to back up what i say and counter your comment does not provide me with any credability? It is all a little clearer now.

I think you may have missed dook's point about the collection plate,  but surely you are taking the pee when you say you put money on the plate and collected it. your not saying you're a god botherer are you? didn't you once accuse me of holding to Geez dick?

What planet are you from??? It is you who have missed the point. I WAS a friggin collector you tool. I collected the money pew by pew and then gave the money to the head collector.
Don't tell me what I do or don't understand. Dooks was talking about everyone chipping in for the collective good.

And what is a Geez dick??  :rollin You are clueless pal. Stick to your Simpsons quotes they make you appear far more intelligent.

the point was.
I can't beleive it. You people are brainwashed.

When you go to your church, do you put money in the collection plate

think about it, im sure you'll get it eventually, given that someone as clueless as myself can.

as for the Geez dick comment that is my mistake. you actally said i waiting for him turn up so i could stick my finger in his palm, which seems to be slag off at at those that believe in that sort of thing which is why i was surprised when you indicated you were a churchie.

this was in response to me wanting facts before i made a decision on this particular subject, something that those that play for your team seem way short on being able to produce.

I have to admit i am surprised that you so quickly resort to name calling when you don't have an otherwise valid response.

al, how do you expect me to react when you call me a dick and then insinuate that I take money from the church plate all in one reply? If you look at my history, I think you will find I hardly ever resort to name calling unless severely provoked which I believe you did.

My reference to you back in 2009  ( ::) let it go man its been 2 years) was in context with the conversation. You were sitting on the fence, the debate had nothing to do with religion and I was using an analogy to demonstrate that I believed you were a "doubting thomas." I did not know that you were religious, and personally coming from a religious background, the doubting thomas term was used frequently to refer to someone who refused to believe without proof.

Regarding Dooks comment, just because I think differently to you, doesn't mean that my interpretation was wrong, it was just different and no less inaccurate. If you look at his comment as it stands on its own you will see that.

Look, I don't expect us to be friends on this forum and to be honest you always rub me the wrong way, so from now on how about we agree to disagree and I will continue to debate with people I actually like and you can do the same. Sound fair?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #370 on: July 16, 2011, 09:18:21 AM »
yeah, peace love and harmony.

I'm not sure sure where i called you a dick, but more pertinently, i don't believe i insinuated you stole from the collection plate, and if what i posted could somehow be construed that way it was never my intent. I may be low, but i rarely sink to that depth.

the rest of the dribble i couldn't give a stuff about
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #371 on: July 16, 2011, 09:25:27 AM »
moving on... :sleep

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #372 on: July 18, 2011, 07:45:50 AM »
Isn't typical that the Unions are so quiet in relation to this tax. I wonder how quiet or supportive they wouldve been if it was the liberals bringing in a new tax that could jeopardise jobs.
I hear that members are getting very angry.
The club that keeps giving.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #373 on: July 18, 2011, 10:58:57 AM »
Rumours are that Gillard is going to get the same treatment as Rudd. Simon Crean is going to get the Prime Ministership on the basis that he is a low risk choice and will reduce Labors losses at the next election. Dont mind Crean, he is safe and steady operator. Needs to do 3 things 1) Withdraw Labors Support for the Carbon Tax and debunk Climate Change 2) withdraw the Resources Rent Tax 3) change Labors view of the NBN from fibre to the home to fibre to the node as a minimum.

« Reply #374 on: July 18, 2011, 11:02:13 AM »
Rumours are that Gillard is going to get the same treatment as Rudd. Simon Crean is going to get the Prime Ministership on the basis that he is a low risk choice and will reduce Labors losses at the next election. Dont mind Crean, he is safe and steady operator. Needs to do 3 things 1) Withdraw Labors Support for the Carbon Tax and debunk Climate Change 2) withdraw the Resources Rent Tax 3) change Labors view of the NBN from fibre to the home to fibre to the node as a minimum.

rubbish!

:lol