Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766674 times)

Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #525 on: August 11, 2011, 05:10:42 PM »
The only reason we have a strong economy is because god gave us a country rich in iron ore and coal and other resources that we can sell at the top end of prices in the current environment. The current government has squandered this golden opportunity and on top of that they want to screw the resources industry by putting on a resources rent tax and a carbon tax. Its just disgraceful. The Gillard Greens Government is the worst government in our history.

Plus lets get facts straight not repeat ALP propaganda WP.

ALP propaganda, give me a break.

What the stuff do you think you have been spouting?

:banghead

and again...

The election is more than two years away.
There will not be a challenge to the PM.
There will not be an early election.

Suck it up sister.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #526 on: August 11, 2011, 06:06:29 PM »
People claiming Rudd saved us is like Lisa Simpson fooling Homer into the rock keeping tigers away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdBn5G7Y2RA
:lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #527 on: August 11, 2011, 06:17:30 PM »
which linked to this,

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #528 on: August 11, 2011, 10:48:11 PM »
Anyone got at least a spare $38 billion for the Libs?! :wallywink. Abbott's economic credentials coming to the fore again  ::) :lol.

The Federal Opposition has confirmed a report in which leaked party documents revealed it would cost the Coalition more than $38 billion to scrap the carbon and mining taxes.

The documents were obtained by Channel Seven and claim to show that the Coalition frontbench and senior advisers had been told of the figures in four separate meetings chaired by treasury spokesman Joe Hockey.

The Coalition's plan to dump the Government's carbon tax will cost $27 billion over four years, the documents say, while plans to wind back the Government's Minerals Resources Rent Tax would cost $11 billion.

The documents also revealed plans by the Coalition to fund $7 billion to $8 billion of personal tax cuts, while it would also have to find another $37 billion to pay for its promises from the last election.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-08-11/ditching-carbon-tax-would-cost-2427b/2835546

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

« Reply #529 on: August 12, 2011, 06:25:52 AM »

Unbelievable.

This would have to be the worse opposition in history.

Power hungry policy free negativity merchants.

I hate them all.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #530 on: August 12, 2011, 07:48:36 AM »
the problem is that a government is really only as strong as the opposition.

a weak, pathetic rabble in opposition will ultimately lead to a poor government as the bastards will not be kept honest

« Reply #531 on: August 12, 2011, 09:06:42 AM »
"Mr Hockey, who said last week a Coalition government would likely scrap the Department of Climate Change, said other departments could also be dismantled."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/entire-government-departments-on-line-as-abbott-seeks-70bn-in-savings/story-fn59niix-1226113390758

Eff the climate and eff the future.

Won't be his problem in 20 years time, getting into power is the only priority.

« Reply #532 on: August 12, 2011, 09:09:26 AM »

and from the same article:

Seven said leaked frontbench documents indicated that Tony Abbott's plan to dump Labor's carbon tax would cost $27bn over four years, while scrapping Labor's new mineral resources rent tax would cost $11bn.

Added to $8 billion in tax cuts and $37 billion in existing Coalition policy commitments, a Coalition government would have to find $70 billion worth of cuts to existing Labor programs.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/entire-government-departments-on-line-as-abbott-seeks-70bn-in-savings/story-fn59niix-1226113390758

and this is straight from the horse's mouth (coalition frontbench docs)

That's $70 billion in cuts to Education, Welfare and Health.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #533 on: August 12, 2011, 09:16:55 AM »

a weak, pathetic rabble in opposition will ultimately lead to a poor government as the bastards will not be kept honest

I would have to agree. Just as much of a concern is the lack of big thinkers and future planners in the bencher's of parliament on either side at the moment. We could be in for a few poor terms of govts until a good turn over of current members happens.

Its always costly and hard to repeal policy once its in place. I could realistically see the liberals or even the ALP if they win a majority capping the price until it turns into an ETS.  

« Reply #534 on: August 12, 2011, 09:35:14 AM »

I would have to agree. Just as much of a concern is the lack of big thinkers and future planners in the bencher's of parliament on either side at the moment. We could be in for a few poor terms of govts until a good turn over of current members happens.

Its always costly and hard to repeal policy once its in place. I could realistically see the liberals or even the ALP if they win a majority capping the price until it turns into an ETS.  

don't kid yourself the Liberals will scrap it if they get in.

Their direct action policy has been designed to be easily not implemented.

They will do nothing about climate change.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #535 on: August 12, 2011, 09:56:53 AM »

why should they do anything about climate change. the climates been changing since the beginning of time. its just part of the natural order of life. Climate Change as its being defined by the environmental fanatics is a scam.

« Reply #536 on: August 12, 2011, 10:21:40 AM »

why should they do anything about climate change. the climates been changing since the beginning of time. its just part of the natural order of life. Climate Change as its being defined by the environmental fanatics is a scam.

Moron

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #537 on: August 12, 2011, 11:04:17 AM »

Bookmark it tiger101

We agree  :thumbsup :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

10 FLAGS

« Reply #538 on: August 12, 2011, 11:40:11 AM »

Moron

an overwhelming majority of Australians agree with me and my contention. you are a reflection of whats wrong with the ALP and the environmental movement. Just another fanatic who doesnt like it when other people disagree with your position. And its why Labor will get belted at the next election and why the Greens will be finished politically within the next 2 federal elections.  ;D

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #539 on: August 12, 2011, 12:10:14 PM »

an overwhelming majority of Australians agree with me and my contention. you are a reflection of whats wrong with the ALP and the environmental movement. Just another fanatic who doesnt like it when other people disagree with your position. And its why Labor will get belted at the next election and why the Greens will be finished politically within the next 2 federal elections.  ;D

I don't think the Greens are finished politically because of this carbon tax(That's what there voters wanted).
They have also grown a supporters base over the years which will vote for them no matter what so they'll be around for a while. Biggest question I have over the greens is post Bob Brown. They don't really have someone to step up and be the face of the party which could draw new voters in like he has been able to.