Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766595 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #1155 on: September 08, 2012, 07:37:27 PM »
Question time is a bit of a farce. The Government gets its backbenchers to ask pro-government Dorothy Dixes so Government ministers can grandstand in Parliament while the Opposition does the complete opposite grandstanding themselves under the guise of holding the Government to account. In the end nothing is achieved or done yet we as taxpayers are forced to pay these pollies so they can act like 5-year olds. The media contributes to this whole charade by now being so partisan with biased opinion writers disguised as journos shoving their one-sided views down everyone's throats especially in the papers or on AM radio. The political blogs are even worse with their fanatical followers and their conspiracy theories  :help. Turnbull is right about the state of politics now although his speech was most likely just used to remind everyone he's still around and to take a dig at the guy who took his job as opposition leader and then gave him a shadow portfolio which makes him invisible. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1156 on: September 09, 2012, 06:38:04 AM »
Question time is a bit of a farce. The Government gets its backbenchers to ask pro-government Dorothy Dixes so Government ministers can grandstand in Parliament while the Opposition does the complete opposite grandstanding themselves under the guise of holding the Government to account. In the end nothing is achieved or done yet we as taxpayers are forced to pay these pollies so they can act like 5-year olds. The media contributes to this whole charade by now being so partisan with biased opinion writers disguised as journos shoving their one-sided views down everyone's throats especially in the papers or on AM radio. The political blogs are even worse with their fanatical followers and their conspiracy theories  :help. Turnbull is right about the state of politics now although his speech was most likely just used to remind everyone he's still around and to take a dig at the guy who took his job as opposition leader and then gave him a shadow portfolio which makes him invisible.

The solution to  the Question time debacle is simple.

Ban the media. No radio or TV broadcast and give the print media access to hansard only.

:thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1157 on: September 10, 2012, 03:25:17 AM »

The solution to  the Question time debacle is simple.

Ban the media. No radio or TV broadcast and give the print media access to hansard only.

:thumbsup
You would have to ban people from the gallery as well if you banned the media. No pollie would do it as they would get labelled anti-democratic.

I've actually been to a question time sitting way back in 1995 when I was staying in Canberra for work (yes there isn't much else to do in Canberra lol). Parliament hasn't been the same since Keating was around calling the opposition scumbags  ;D. My main memory though looking down from the front row of the gallary at two opposition pollies swapping holiday snap shots and another reading the paper. Taxpayers' money hard at work  ::).

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1158 on: September 18, 2012, 03:01:38 AM »
Abbott, Newman and Baillieu are Federal Labor's best friends at the minute. If the trend in yesterday's polls continue then the media will smell a Liberal leadership challenge rather than a Labor one. No coincidence Turnbull has made himself more visible again in recent times. The problem for him though is while the public prefer him to Abbott, his own party doesn't.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1159 on: September 19, 2012, 11:13:15 PM »
Abbott, Newman and Baillieu are Federal Labor's best friends at the minute.
Add Cory Bernardi and his moronic views to the list.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1160 on: September 20, 2012, 08:13:48 AM »
Pity Tony wouldn't let his colleagues have a conscience vote on the gay marriage bill proposal rather than forcing then to tow party policy lines

Still think it would have been defeated but it would have been interesting to see the actual numbers not what got dished up yesterday
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
The club that keeps giving.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1162 on: September 25, 2012, 02:45:38 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMVc0IbtyAQ&feature=youtube_gdata_playe

Lest we forget!

Yes come the election this will get dragged out but...

Does anybody give a fat rat's clacker about the carbon tax anymore?

A dead issue.

Just like the boat people is a dead issue.

Next?

How about Tony's attitude to women (50% of the population), not a dead issue.

Interesting year ahead of us.

:cheers

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1163 on: September 26, 2012, 07:11:01 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMVc0IbtyAQ&feature=youtube_gdata_playe

Lest we forget!

Yes come the election this will get dragged out but...

Does anybody give a fat rat's clacker about the carbon tax anymore?

A dead issue.

Just like the boat people is a dead issue.

Next?

How about Tony's attitude to women (50% of the population), not a dead issue.

Interesting year ahead of us.

:cheers
Doesnt Tony have a wife and three daughters? To be honest I think the biggest load of poo is the crap about his bad attitude toward women. rubbish!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1164 on: September 26, 2012, 08:05:19 AM »
Doesnt Tony have a wife and three daughters? To be honest I think the biggest load of poo is the crap about his bad attitude toward women. rubbish!

Yeah he does and he drags up that point everytime he is under any sort of scrutiny when is faces questions or when stories surface about his "attitude" towards women. Which IMV fuels the fire even more

It's been the comments he has made over time about certain issues that have upset women, eg his views on pre-martial sex, contraception etc ... Then there was the pre-marital the long lost son that wasn't and the comments that came before, during and after of course = not good ::)

His terrible handling of the "punching the wall" incident again raised more questions. He flipped; flopped through that one and damaged himself in the process or perhaps we just saw the "real" Tony  ;D

Suggest you do some research   :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1165 on: September 26, 2012, 08:31:06 AM »
 :lol
They are all tarred with the same brush, but i think phoney toney got a double dose of the tarring;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc5ljcri6Nk

The thought of this bumbling buffoon in serious negotiations with China or the like would be funny if it wasn't so scary.

and again here;
just got to love the way he justifies his lies by giving non answers to the questions.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1166 on: September 26, 2012, 12:20:06 PM »

Yeah he does and he drags up that point everytime he is under any sort of scrutiny when is faces questions or when stories surface about his "attitude" towards women. Which IMV fuels the fire even more

It's been the comments he has made over time about certain issues that have upset women, eg his views on pre-martial sex, contraception etc ... Then there was the pre-marital the long lost son that wasn't and the comments that came before, during and after of course = not good ::)

His terrible handling of the "punching the wall" incident again raised more questions. He flipped; flopped through that one and damaged himself in the process or perhaps we just saw the "real" Tony  ;D

Suggest you do some research   :thumbsup
Do some research?
His views on pre marital sex, contraception, abortion etc. Is purely religious conviction.  It wouldn't matter if your a man as far as Christian conviction is concerned its purely the same stance on every issue.
Unlike Islam the Christian message promotes women in very high esteem for anyone that knows the difference between old and vs new covenant dogma.
It sounds to me that labour spin has once again clouded your judgement not unlike those mentally challenged voters who won't vote for him because he wears budgie smugglers or anyone who votes green.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1169 on: September 26, 2012, 12:31:26 PM »
:lol
They are all tarred with the same brush, but i think phoney toney got a double dose of the tarring;

The thought of this bumbling buffoon in serious negotiations with China or the like would be funny if it wasn't so scary.

and again here;
just got to love the way he justifies his lies by giving non answers to the questions.
Both links are the same.
What did he say that wasn't true.
You can't trust what a politician says full stop.
Just ask Julia to explain why she isn't playing forward pocket for footscray or why she isn't sailing solo around the world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpZzRo4EdDo&feature=youtube_gdata_player