Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766563 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #1500 on: July 01, 2013, 05:38:43 AM »

All the Abbott lovers have gone quiet.

:lol

Rampstar

« Reply #1501 on: July 01, 2013, 09:00:24 AM »
As I said in a previous post, I am happy to provide aluminium portables to the Education Revolution for $3 million a piece not inclusive of electrical or plumbing work. I also feel short changed with the amount of insulation they provided under the scheme so I should have more or maybe I shouldnt considering some peoples houses burnt down. Go Ruddy  ;D

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1502 on: July 01, 2013, 09:22:52 AM »

Nah, just no need to say anything.  Nothings changed except the hair colour.   ;D

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #1503 on: July 01, 2013, 09:55:24 AM »
Putting aside the evident flaws of the current government, does anyone here actually think a Abbott led liberal government will be any good for the country? If so, how?

Or is it just a matter of voting liberal to out the alp?

gerkin greg

« Reply #1504 on: July 01, 2013, 11:04:18 AM »
Abbott will be assassinated, which will add interest to our historical narrative

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1505 on: July 01, 2013, 12:01:29 PM »

Nah, just no need to say anything.  Nothings changed except the hair colour.   ;D

And the polls or hadn't you noticed.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1506 on: July 01, 2013, 01:45:43 PM »

I'm inclined to wait and see what actual policy changes Rudd makes.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1507 on: July 01, 2013, 02:26:57 PM »

Apart from the Carbon Tax and turning it into a ETS early than what we were going to get under the currentl Carbon Tax regime. I doubt he will change very much policy wise TBH.

The only change is that with, Kevin being Kevin, he will take all the credit for the good policy and distance himself from the not so good. He's already said he will go ahead with the Goneski education reforms and the NDIS trialling started across Australia today so he wont touch that.

So as I said I doubt that much will change

Negativity will fight negativity now  :sleep :sleep :sleep

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1508 on: July 01, 2013, 04:25:17 PM »

Apart from the Carbon Tax and turning it into a ETS early than what we were going to get under the currentl Carbon Tax regime. I doubt he will change very much policy wise TBH.

The only change is that with, Kevin being Kevin, he will take all the credit for the good policy and distance himself from the not so good. He's already said he will go ahead with the Goneski education reforms and the NDIS trialling started across Australia today so he wont touch that.

So as I said I doubt that much will change

Negativity will fight negativity now  :sleep :sleep :sleep

Moving the carbon tax into a ETS will create a budget blow out due to the compensation being set for a price which was ridiculously over priced compared to the EU's.  ALP have got away for far to long with claiming the issue around compensation being cut will only happen if Abbott becomes PM.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #1509 on: July 02, 2013, 11:10:32 AM »

Absolute GOLD Smokey!!  :rollin :rollin :lol :thatsgold

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1510 on: July 05, 2013, 11:23:03 AM »
Game On...

A Labor election win is no longer preposterous

By ABC's Barrie Cassidy

Kevin Rudd has brought Labor back from the brink of electoral defeat into a competitive position, and Tony Abbott will need to respond with more than just a demand that an election be held immediately, writes Barrie Cassidy.

How close will the federal election be?

Look at it this way. If the first polls after the elevation of Kevin Rudd represent the high water mark, then Tony Abbott and the Coalition will win.

But if it's not - if Rudd and Labor can improve on that first blush result, however slightly - then the Government will win.

In other words, there is an awful lot riding on that basic and unproven assumption that it will not get any better than this for Rudd.

The practical and psychological hurdle for Labor is that it must win seats - five at least - to form government in its own right.

That seemed preposterous just over a week ago. But not anymore.

The combined polls through last week suggest a turnaround in the two-party preferred vote of 7 per cent or more in the seats-rich states of NSW and Queensland.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-05/cassidy-how-close-will-the-election-be/4799892

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1511 on: July 05, 2013, 11:51:21 AM »

Absolute GOLD Smokey!!  :rollin :rollin :lol :thatsgold

x 2 just waiting for the next labor thing to laugh at

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1512 on: July 05, 2013, 12:28:05 PM »

Abbott running scared?

Three word slogans are no longer going to win him this election.

Unscripted Abbott comes across as a fool.

from the same article...

The biggest single indication of how the political dynamics have changed is Abbott's refusal to debate Rudd unless Parliament is recalled or an election date announced. Ordinarily, an opposition leader is the one making the challenge, keen to share the platform and the leadership status with the incumbent. But not this time.

Rudd's tactic has been especially audacious by allowing Abbott to debate the issues that he has run most strongly on in the past: asylum seekers, the carbon tax, and debt and deficit.

Given Abbott's reluctance, it would not be surprising if Rudd eventually offered his opponent three debates during the formal campaign, American style, focussing separately on general issues, the economy and foreign policy.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-05/cassidy-how-close-will-the-election-be/4799892

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1513 on: July 05, 2013, 12:41:13 PM »
and wait there's more...

Now let me get this right, Rudd wants a debate on policy because he (Rudd) has no policies?

Now I have heard everything.

If you believe that you should go barrack for Essendon.

Tony Abbott rejects calls for a debate from Kevin Rudd

TONY Abbott has rejected fresh calls from Labor to hold a debate next week at the National Press Club, claiming Kevin Rudd was indulging in a stunt because he had no policy platform. 

The Prime Minister this morning escalated his demands for an economic debate in Canberra next Thursday, saying he had booked the NPC and will be there whether Mr Abbott decides to attend or not.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national-news/federal-election/tony-abbott-rejects-calls-for-a-debate-from-kevin-rudd/story-fnho52ip-1226674249831#ixzz2Y8QZzMP8

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1514 on: July 07, 2013, 08:44:27 PM »
Abbott will be assassinated, which will add interest to our historical narrative

bad luck - NSA is watching u now