Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766712 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #1650 on: August 18, 2013, 01:21:51 PM »
http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/working-mums-to-get-up-to-75000-paid-maternity-leave-under-coalition/story-fni0fiyv-1226699056687

Funny how it starts July, 2015. Why not July 2014?

Fair chance it won't see the light of day and not it should.

On the odd chance it does il be having a third child and making the most of this stupid scheme
Are you a female?

No. Matters little when your married :thumbsup   Money goes to her money goes to me and around we go.

I believe its called marriage

Regardless it wont pass senate is my tip, and nor should it.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #1651 on: August 18, 2013, 01:23:46 PM »
 :lol....I removed that post just after slotting it in on the off-chance you wouldn't appreciate the wit. You're very quick Daniel.

On the Tax...it is very regressive. Why don't we just offer a baby bounty - a set price (for all) to tide you over for the six months.

Fairdinkum, if these inducements were around when we were breeding and setting up a home I would have had more kids. Then again if I could predict the angst involved in the raising of teenagers I might have had less... ;D

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1652 on: August 18, 2013, 01:25:48 PM »
hahahahahaha  :thumbsup
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1653 on: August 20, 2013, 02:40:30 PM »
Brazil leader hails law marking oil funds for services
(AFP) – 10 hours ago 
BRASILIA — Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff on Monday hailed the passage of a law that reserves the nation's oil royalties for education and health care as an "historic victory."
Demand for greater government spending on schools, public health and transportation were at the heart of massive street protests that shook Brazil in June.
In the first concrete response to the protests, Congress passed a law that reserves 75 percent of oil royalties for education and 25 percent for health care.
About $800 million from the oil royalties is expected to flow into next year's budget for education and health as a result of the new law.
Rousseff said royalties from the first of a series of new offshore oil fields, which are to be opened for bidding starting in October, could yield $150-300 billion in royalties over the next 35 years.
"For me and my government education is the principal pillar to transform Brazil into a great nation, assuring that our people are freed from poverty," she said in her weekly radio address.
The law, which awaits Rousseff's signature, was approved by the Senate in early July and passed by the lower house last week.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1654 on: August 20, 2013, 05:48:33 PM »

Well there goes WP's political career.

:lol

Charlton Liberal candidate Kevin Baker quits over lewd website content 

By  IAN KIRKWOOD
Aug. 20, 2013, 5:13 p.m.

KEVIN Baker, the Coalition candidate for the seat of Charlton, has resigned from the Liberal Party after publicity linking him to sexist jokes on a personal website aimed at car enthusiasts.

In a short statement on Tuesday afternoon he said his name would remain on the ballot paper but ‘‘my campaign is over’’.

‘‘I deeply regret the posts made on my website and decided that it was not appropriate to continue as the party’s candidate,’’ Mr Baker said.

‘‘I will not be making any further statements on this matter.’’

Mr Baker said he had advised the state secretary of the Liberal Party of his decision to resign.

Liberal MP for Paterson, Bob Baldwin, said Mr Baker had been running the website for some years and the problematic jokes were posted by others, not him.

‘‘But he was the moderator of the site and did not take them down,’’ Mr Baldwin said.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1655 on: August 20, 2013, 07:31:55 PM »
what a crock of PC BS
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1656 on: August 20, 2013, 08:11:47 PM »
what a crock of PC BS

The article or my comment.

:lol

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #1657 on: August 20, 2013, 11:11:37 PM »
Your kidding hey 111 pages, just like bombers wgaf

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1658 on: August 21, 2013, 10:43:52 PM »
It says it all when our pollies come across as more believable than James Hird  :rollin.

Rudd was the winner in the debate tonight. Poor Tony made a meal of explaining how his parental leave scheme is to funded and then got so frustrated he jumped at Kev with "will this guy ever shut up".
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1659 on: August 22, 2013, 01:08:38 PM »
Says it all about the real Kevin Rudd

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/special-features/makeup-artist-lily-fontana-slams-8216rude8217-kevin-rudd-after-people8217s-forum/story-fnho52jp-1226701851346

A MAKE-up artist who says she smoothed the complexions of Kevin Rudd and Tony Abbott ahead of last night's people's forum has hinted that the Prime Minister was rude to her.
Lily Fontana, a Brisbane make up artist, took to Facebook after her encounter with the leaders, praising Mr Abbott but saying one of the men had treated her terribly.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1660 on: August 22, 2013, 04:14:27 PM »

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/special-features/makeup-artist-lily-fontana-slams-8216rude8217-kevin-rudd-after-people8217s-forum/story-fnho52jp-1226701851346

A MAKE-up artist who says she smoothed the complexions of Kevin Rudd and Tony Abbott ahead of last night's people's forum has hinted that the Prime Minister was rude to her.
Lily Fontana, a Brisbane make up artist, took to Facebook after her encounter with the leaders, praising Mr Abbott but saying one of the men had treated her terribly.

Interesting that nobody has been able to confirm that Lily actually posted the comments.

:cheers

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #1661 on: August 22, 2013, 04:34:17 PM »
Does this guy ever shut up??  :rollin :rollin

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1662 on: August 22, 2013, 04:39:13 PM »
Does this guy ever shut up??  :rollin :rollin

Rudd does have a tendency to waffle on when his speaking.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1663 on: August 22, 2013, 05:42:58 PM »

Interesting that nobody has been able to confirm that Lily actually posted the comments.

And also interesting that the comments no longer appear on her Facebook page.

More Liberal skullduggery.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1664 on: August 22, 2013, 08:10:24 PM »
Damage already done...... Bad luck