Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766688 times)

dwaino

Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #2745 on: September 24, 2014, 01:52:20 PM »
How it is a disgrace? He redirected funds from the royal commission into child abuse by his church to a more political one, ALP's insulation scheme. If Rudd or Garrett phoned in on Skype for that you would be going off your teets. Don't forget that Tony has also provided a character reference for a convicted pedophile priest. Granted it was before he was convicted and before Tony made PM but just goes to show the company he keeps.

Don't know about the boats, we only have their word  :shh

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2746 on: September 24, 2014, 02:08:58 PM »
The institutionilised sexual, physical and mental abuse of vulnerable children by those supposed to be protecting and caring for them in this country is nothing short of vile, but where is the outrage?

where are all the right wing redneck bigots like bolt and his mates as more and more is revealed about the scale of this putrid blight on our society becomes apparent.

but hang on, no political milage to be gained.

one woman a week is beaten to death by their husband/partner, where are the headlines whipping the masses into hysteria.

oops, no one group to blame, no fear to be spread so our "leaders can be seen to be strong without actually doing anything except encroaching on our rights so they can protect us.

gee im glad i live in a civilised society.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2747 on: September 24, 2014, 02:11:31 PM »
thats a disgrace Dwaino. That pell is as shifty as all stuff.

hasn't Abbott helped stopped the boats or is that a bad thing?

the boats is supposedly one thing they've got right Angus, not that we'd actually know for sure becasue the refuse to give out too much detail. Incompentant minister number 2 = Scott Morrision

And dwaino is correct about the re-direction of funds. To Tony and his govt it is far more important to nail the former govt for whatever they can rather than hold the Catholic church to account for their disgraceful deeds over decades

And as for budgets cuts, not even going to bother going through that again. As I said on the domestic front they are letting people down and breaking promises. The very thing so many people bagged the previous government for
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2748 on: September 24, 2014, 03:10:18 PM »
The institutionilised sexual, physical and mental abuse of vulnerable children by those supposed to be protecting and caring for them in this country is nothing short of vile, but where is the outrage?

where are all the right wing redneck bigots like bolt and his mates as more and more is revealed about the scale of this putrid blight on our society becomes apparent.

one woman a week is beaten to death by their husband/partner, where are the headlines whipping the masses into hysteria.

oops, no one group to blame, no fear to be spread so our "leaders can be seen to be strong without actually doing anything except encroaching on our rights so they can protect us.

pedo is fashionable in the too realms of society

Look into the British developments of late ...

The church often gets bagged but they are the tip of ice burg...

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2749 on: September 24, 2014, 04:51:38 PM »

very true and an excellent post.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2750 on: September 24, 2014, 04:59:10 PM »

the boats is supposedly one thing they've got right Angus, not that we'd actually know for sure becasue the refuse to give out too much detail. Incompentant minister number 2 = Scott Morrision

And dwaino is correct about the re-direction of funds. To Tony and his govt it is far more important to nail the former govt for whatever they can rather than hold the Catholic church to account for their disgraceful deeds over decades

And as for budgets cuts, not even going to bother going through that again. As I said on the domestic front they are letting people down and breaking promises. The very thing so many people bagged the previous government for

so what they broke a promise to introduce indexing to pensions.

they broke a promise to introduce the PPl scheme

They broke a promise not to reduce middle class welfare.

they broke a promise not to increase taxes but they applied a levy to those earning over 180k.

There were probably many more , but he had to make those cuts and lies, to fix up the mess of the previous government.

What cuts have actually gone through that your not happy with WP?

As you have said with both parties they all lie to gain a political advantage.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2751 on: September 24, 2014, 07:30:16 PM »
so what they broke a promise to introduce indexing to pensions.

they broke a promise to introduce the PPl scheme

They broke a promise not to reduce middle class welfare.

they broke a promise not to increase taxes but they applied a levy to those earning over 180k.

There were probably many more , but he had to make those cuts and lies, to fix up the mess of the previous government.

What cuts have actually gone through that your not happy with WP?

As you have said with both parties they all lie to gain a political advantage.

I've made it very clear which "cuts" I have issues with, not going to go through it all again

You were one person on here jumped who up and down when the former govt broke promises but now you are saying it's OK. You justify it by saying hey had to do it? Please. A broken promise is a broken promise it doesn't matter how you "sugar coat" it still remains a broken promise

If it's good enough to whack one side for broken promises, be consistent and whack the other = the current govt
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2752 on: September 24, 2014, 09:58:53 PM »
fair call. Yes your right a broken promise is a broken promise however the ones that TA has made dont look all that bad in fact it reduces middle class welfare and increases taxes for high income earner.

That's a good promise to break IMO unlike our Julia's teams call of no carbon tax and our budge will be in surplus by 2015 rubbish.

tony_montana

« Reply #2753 on: September 25, 2014, 09:35:40 AM »
agree Angus

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2754 on: September 25, 2014, 11:13:51 AM »

Incompetant is the wrong word, I think you will find.

Morrison, Tony and the rest of the monkies have the necessary skill, to tell the citizens of Australia, how many women and cchildren are drowning. They choose not to

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2755 on: September 25, 2014, 09:15:10 PM »
268 boats under labour

1 under the LNP.

of course people will look for some conspiracy without acknowledging what a fine job TA has done in this area.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #2756 on: September 26, 2014, 05:55:11 AM »

But at what cost?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2757 on: September 26, 2014, 06:04:50 AM »
Stop trying to deflect mate take it for what it is

A TA led government has done what no other government has done, including Howard and that is to reduce arrivals to virtually none.

If they didn't reduce the arrivals you would be the first to jump on here and bag the bloke.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2758 on: September 26, 2014, 08:01:04 AM »
no, howard did the same, and he didnt hide the numbers.

pretty sure there has been more than 1 boat arrival under mr rabbit.

in the whole scheme of things, stopping the boats doesnt achieve much in terms standard of living in the country.

its really just a political side show
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2759 on: September 26, 2014, 08:32:40 AM »
268 boats under labour

1 under the LNP.

of course people will look for some conspiracy without acknowledging what a fine job TA has done in this area.

How do you know its one

If the powers to be have openly said they are not going to say the truth

its not a  conspiracy - tony and morrison have said this...  if anything you are the  conspiracy theorists on this one currently
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 11:04:00 AM by Judge Roughneck »