Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766605 times)

tony_montana

Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #2775 on: September 26, 2014, 05:44:22 PM »
whether deliberate or not, the media reporting on such things only drives hatred, fear, intolerance and division.

are not those who make threats against random people based soley on that person being a Muslim no better than the mentals?

Of course it's deliberate, the media should have stayed the hell away and allowed the family to grieve and deal with the shock - am not condoning hate mongering or people threatening innocent muslims, that's disgusting redneck behaviour.

Most fair minded people understand that there is  a minority extremist element and not all muslims should be tarred with the same brush, but organising a protest in response to this pricks death is not the way to get the message across - unless of course, they want to create more angst, hatred, intolerance etc...

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2776 on: September 26, 2014, 05:47:19 PM »
couldn't agree more
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2777 on: September 26, 2014, 05:48:25 PM »
Government/Media - same stuffn thing.

Get a voice, i say!!
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2778 on: September 26, 2014, 05:51:50 PM »
....get a gun.....

hang on who are those men dressed in black wearing flack jacke

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2779 on: September 26, 2014, 07:08:47 PM »
whether deliberate or not, the media reporting on such things only drives hatred, fear, intolerance and division.

are not those who make threats against random people based soley on that person being a Muslim no better than the mentals?

this is what poos me though AL.

Its not just the media its every day aussies like you or me, who go about their everyday inciting this on social media, which talk about us staying away and its all our fault this small minority are making all muslims look bad.
Every day for the last year i have seem some comment on social media, blasting the west for getting involved which is exactly what is getting these people upset. I do find these same people also have believed in many conspiracies over my life

TM nailed it. Nothing wrong with muslims, they are normal everyday aussies like most of us. Issue i have with them or any race for that matter when they try and push their way is the right way, or try and deflect blame on the west for a foolish kids actions in stabbing an authority. I had an issue with those croats at melb park a few years back who draped themselves in their national flag causing trouble.

Yes, but how old are they. 15,16? At that age just like goodes girl they are just dumb and dont comprehend that they are inciting more hatred and anger.

On the media yes your right. I mean naming the wrong kid was a disgrace and i hope they get their arses sued.

However naming a would be terrorist and telling us the story was the right thing to do. The media are going too far though and should investigate it in their own time not station themsleves outside a mosque. Its not underbelly most of those muslims at the burial  are good descent Australians

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

dwaino

« Reply #2780 on: September 26, 2014, 07:10:34 PM »
Agree that it's not fair to paint all muslims with the same brush (even though I don't agree that any religion has a place in the modern, rational thinking world), but some public education is needed here. It's not the Shi'ites or all of the Sunnis that are causing the problem here. It is the Sunni Salafist jihadists. Sunnis can be loosely compared to catholics, Shi'ites to protestants and Salafism (another name for or very similiar to Wahhabi) is very orthodox and a desire to return to what they believe is traditional islam.

The sunni Salafists don't identify with any sort of country and will never integrate into any society except their own. I don't see why we need to tread on ice when speaking and dealing about these nut jobs. They are dangerous and should just be deported. No question.

As for the media, I wouldn't have given the information the media reported on that kid. They've made a martyr of him and who knows what comes next.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2781 on: September 26, 2014, 07:29:23 PM »
Agree that it's not fair to paint all muslims with the same brush (even though I don't agree that any religion has a place in the modern, rational thinking world), but some public education is needed here. It's not the Shi'ites or all of the Sunnis that are causing the problem here. It is the Sunni Salafist jihadists. Sunnis can be loosely compared to catholics, Shi'ites to protestants and Salafism (another name for or very similiar to Wahhabi) is very orthodox and a desire to return to what they believe is traditional islam.

The sunni Salafists don't identify with any sort of country and will never integrate into any society except their own. I don't see why we need to tread on ice when speaking and dealing about these nut jobs. They are dangerous and should just be deported. No question.

As for the media, I wouldn't have given the information the media reported on that kid. They've made a martyr of him and who knows what comes next.

but some public education is needed here

Yes.

The blatant omission of such public education is simply the foundation of induced fear.

Tell me they didn't realise this country and the world needed a fair, balanced point of view on a race and religion they have never had contact with.

ffs
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2782 on: September 26, 2014, 08:03:40 PM »

this is what poos me though AL.

Its not just the media its every day aussies like you or me, who go about their everyday inciting this on social media, which talk about us staying away and its all our fault this small minority are making all muslims look bad.
Every day for the last year i have seem some comment on social media, blasting the west for getting involved which is exactly what is getting these people upset. I do find these same people also have believed in many conspiracies over my life

i know you you dont think that that the actions of the west, and in particular the yanks have a bearing on these things but they do, and it is not conspiricy theories, it is known facts. the yanks have  a history of helping those that are fighting the percieved enemys of america, only to get the leash themselves. saddam is a prime example. but i digress.

the bottom line is that there are times to back your mates in a fight and there are times to tell them to pull their head in.

surely you can understand that a young man seeing bombs fall on their house and killing his family is more likely to grow up with a hatred for those responsible. this then snow balls. those looking to spread their hatred have ready made recruits, and the more it happens the more it snow balls

when going to war, you have way up all these things, and too often we have been with the yanks when they have dropping bombs that kill civilians in pointless conflicts, when we should have been telling them this isnt a fight worth having.

Yes, but how old are they. 15,16? At that age just like goodes girl they are just dumb and dont comprehend that they are inciting more hatred and anger.

On the media yes your right. I mean naming the wrong kid was a disgrace and i hope they get their arses sued.

However naming a would be terrorist and telling us the story was the right thing to do. The media are going too far though and should investigate it in their own time not station themsleves outside a mosque. Its not underbelly most of those muslims at the burial  are good descent Australians

the problem is that it isn't just kids who don't know better. there are those who know exactly what they are doing,

then there are those radicals hoping for that sort of action so they use it themselves to stir the pot, as well as waiting for the ignorant comments from the likes of lambly (however you spell her name) to then incite among the already disenfranchised that australians hate muslims. pick out a couple of red neck social media quotes and you are painting a pretty strong picture for those easily stirred up. they play into each others hands and it escalates, and you can bet you balls it wont be those stirring the pot that directly feel the repurcussions.

it really is easy for a small few to whip up the masess, you only have to look at the australia day crap a few years ago to see that.

in this situation many media outlets ran with headlines such as
 "muslim extremest stabs police and is shot"

change that to
"religous extremest stabs police and is shot"

and the story is the same, but the polarising effect is not. it is less likely to stir up angst for both muslims and non muslims for differing reasons.

personally i have no sympathy for the bloke, just as i dont for the countless other people who have met a similar fate when attacking cops, but their religion is never mentioned in the reporting.

what concerns me is that people from both sides of the divide are, and will continue to, use it to promote their own unsavoury agenda.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2783 on: September 26, 2014, 08:06:16 PM »
Government/Media - same stuffn thing.

Get a voice, i say!!

careful

tm will call you a conspiracy theorist with that kind of language

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2784 on: September 26, 2014, 08:10:25 PM »

in this situation many media outlets ran with headlines such as
 "muslim extremest stabs police and is shot"

change that to
"religous extremest stabs police and is shot"

and the story is the same, but the polarising effect is not. it is less likely to stir up angst for both muslims and non muslims for differing reasons.

Funny stuff....while they're hell bent on destruction, people like you worry about sentence construction.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2785 on: September 26, 2014, 08:26:41 PM »
just kill em all hey coz they are hell bent on destruction.

im sure you just love this stuff as someone who thinks that tolerance is not a good thing?

you going to go out and bash some muslims yourself, or just stir someone else into doing the dirty work for you?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2786 on: September 26, 2014, 09:18:49 PM »
The public record of violent deaths following the 2003 invasion of Iraq

Documented civilian deaths from violence
130,161 – 145,976
Total violent deaths including combatants

https://www.iraqbodycount.org/

the facts say its the other side doing the destructing

but that doesnt suit the dominate paradigm so we'll leave that one alone

how bout that crazy terroist from nobel park eh? bloody sand-negros  :chuck

tony_montana

« Reply #2787 on: September 26, 2014, 10:01:33 PM »
Dicolan doesnt have the gonads to bash Muslims

tm doesnt have the intestinal fortitude to join the army and do Geez work

come on lads

do something

You really do have the brain capacity of a jellyfish

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2788 on: September 26, 2014, 11:23:15 PM »
 You see, you are mistaken. I most certainly believe there are "evil terrorists" on the earth, suicidal, extremist Arabs. However I dont believe they are the most evil or dangerous group going around. Not by a long shot.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2789 on: September 26, 2014, 11:50:17 PM »
Jeffrey Dahmer.

Raped, murdered, disemboweled and ate his victims  :P

Even kept body parts as ornaments.

Yet, at worst, he is regarded as a serial killer.

Oh, yes...that's right....he's an American Christian.
Caracella and Balmey.