Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766614 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #2970 on: December 15, 2014, 04:40:48 AM »
I like section 13.3 of that report which talks about tolling not just the Eastern but also the Westgate, and the Tulla freeway after citylink to pay for the tunnel  :-\

Bump  ::)

ooh dear brumby

Dooks what is the cost of the  Desal plant waste, tatts payout and potential shredding of the EW link. Lets start with that wastage first shall we.

I wouldn't want Dan to rip up the EW contract due to the effect it will have on others, but if he does it will prove how pathetic the ALP are, that they would throw money down the drain on something most Victorians want if you asked them.

Perhaps the Libs who negotiated and signed the contract could have been a bit more competent than expose the taxpayers to a 1 billion get out clause? Pretty incompetent If you ask me.

That aside, the economic and practical benefits of the link to the state for the cost involved ($17 billion) are pretty mild. The eddington report which justifies the link is an interesting document! Oh dear.

Would benefit me if built though!
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2971 on: December 15, 2014, 07:04:40 AM »
I like section 13.3 of that report which talks about tolling not just the Eastern but also the Westgate, and the Tulla freeway after citylink to pay for the tunnel  :-\

Bump  ::)

ooh dear brumby

Dooks what is the cost of the  Desal plant waste, tatts payout and potential shredding of the EW link. Lets start with that wastage first shall we.

I wouldn't want Dan to rip up the EW contract due to the effect it will have on others, but if he does it will prove how pathetic the ALP are, that they would throw money down the drain on something most Victorians want if you asked them.

Perhaps the Libs who negotiated and signed the contract could have been a bit more competent than expose the taxpayers to a 1 billion get out clause? Pretty incompetent If you ask me.

That aside, the economic and practical benefits of the link to the state for the cost involved ($17 billion) are pretty mild. The eddington report which justifies the link is an interesting document! Oh dear.

Would benefit me if built though!

think a few people might change tune about wanting this tunnel....

appears it might cheaper for taxpayers if the contract gets ripped up as opposed to building it and having everyone paying for it with new tolls on existing roads. 

Cant see folks who use the Eastern Fwy being overly impressed to suddenly having to pay a toll on a road that's been free since it was built. Ditto those in the West who use the Westgate that doesn't move in peak hour. Throw in extending tolls on Citylink which was built on the promise that by whatever the date is 2030 or something like that it would be publicly owned and free

Yes good one, Dr Naptime and your bestie Tony who will only give federal funding to Vic for this road. His encouragement and backing of people being slugged more is noted  ;D

Oh and just on Tone and his buddie Joe - will be an interesting day today. Joe's on fire promising a surplus and now saying he didn't promise a surplus but look for it being everyone elses fault but the current govt....

Lying = the way of Australian politics no matter which political side you follow
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

dwaino

« Reply #2972 on: December 15, 2014, 10:25:20 AM »
No skin off Daniel Andrews' nose regardless of cost to rip up contracts. The election was very much a referendum on the EW Link as both parties made it clear as day what they were going to do, and Victoria overwhelmingly voted against it. End of story.

You will probably find many of the same companies involved in the construction of the tunnel will be employed to  fixing the level crossings and other road upgrades. It will create full time jobs for at least the next 8 years.

As for Joe, I think he promised a $27b deficit in the first year (not a surplus) but it was too reliant on high resource prices but iron ore has taken a massive dump in price. I think the forcast is now $50b deficit. Budget crisis  ::) tony and pals didn't accept falling resource prices when they were in opposition so lets see if they use it as an excuse themselves.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2973 on: December 15, 2014, 01:30:17 PM »
I bet Tony wins next election  :bow

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2974 on: December 15, 2014, 02:10:13 PM »
"People are being urges to continue normal life"

LANDSLIDE VICTORY

House do I bet? Some give me bookie website please

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #2975 on: December 15, 2014, 02:41:07 PM »

LANDSLIDE VICTORY

www.madprickswhowanttolosetherimoney.com.au

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2976 on: December 15, 2014, 04:13:45 PM »
40billion dollar budget deficit is it ?

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2977 on: December 15, 2014, 04:21:08 PM »

Today yes, tomorrow add another couple of bill

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2978 on: December 15, 2014, 06:47:48 PM »

Timing  ::)
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2979 on: December 15, 2014, 06:50:10 PM »
 :shh

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2980 on: December 15, 2014, 06:51:23 PM »
No skin off Daniel Andrews' nose regardless of cost to rip up contracts. The election was very much a referendum on the EW Link as both parties made it clear as day what they were going to do, and Victoria overwhelmingly voted against it. End of story.

You will probably find many of the same companies involved in the construction of the tunnel will be employed to  fixing the level crossings and other road upgrades. It will create full time jobs for at least the next 8 years.

As for Joe, I think he promised a $27b deficit in the first year (not a surplus) but it was too reliant on high resource prices but iron ore has taken a massive dump in price. I think the forcast is now $50b deficit. Budget crisis  ::) tony and pals didn't accept falling resource prices when they were in opposition so lets see if they use it as an excuse themselves.

Ya but the guy flag had Arabic writing on in

Perspective pls

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2981 on: December 15, 2014, 06:53:36 PM »
:shh

A little bit of the September 10, trillion dollar 'misplacement' from 13 years ago hey....
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2982 on: December 15, 2014, 06:59:55 PM »
I think you may want to adjust that tin foil hat, hippie

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2983 on: December 15, 2014, 07:23:54 PM »
I think you may want to adjust that tin foil hat, hippie

Good point I was wearing it as underpants

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2984 on: December 16, 2014, 10:27:03 AM »

LANDSLIDE VICTORY

www.madprickswhowanttolosetherimoney.com.au

Link is down

Is there a market that's already open or too early?