Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766565 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #4845 on: April 16, 2020, 08:31:45 PM »
 :cheers
Well done comrade.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4846 on: April 16, 2020, 08:32:13 PM »
No worries

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4847 on: April 16, 2020, 08:44:43 PM »

i will chip in WP if i can

yep 20% more than ours WP, you are correct, so good for her in that regard. It is a small country and so she should be given some money back, particularly when it seems she hasnt performed up to the level required.

What has she actually done over there to the NZ people. I am curious because from what i have read not much apart from what has been said above.

Unemployment down - lowest it's been in over a decade
Improved public housing
Tighter gun controls
Tougher law's for overseas investors to buy property in NZ
Extended Paid parental leave program
Cracked down on online terrorist stuff the likes ISIS put on line to recruit
Increased funding of health services = more doctors, nurses. Improved cancer services
Raised the minimum wage

Enough or not enough?

Reckon she's done alright

And your comment thst a small country like that they should be giving something back. Why can't our govt do the same? Size of the country is irrelevant. ScoMo has refused and it is blight on him and his govt. Actually it's a blight on all our pollies, all of them

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4848 on: April 16, 2020, 08:50:27 PM »

He defeated Shorten labor and saved our country from poverty.

Thank you, exhibit D

Anyway,

Don't know how to break it you but before this crisis this country was heading for recession, our economy was at best going nowhere. Why do you think interest rates are so low? Because our economy was cactus

Under this govt we have higher debt, growing unemployment. An under funded NDIS, health system, military .. I could go on but won't

Things were Terrific, just terrific

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4849 on: April 16, 2020, 09:05:11 PM »

i will chip in WP if i can

yep 20% more than ours WP, you are correct, so good for her in that regard. It is a small country and so she should be given some money back, particularly when it seems she hasnt performed up to the level required.

What has she actually done over there to the NZ people. I am curious because from what i have read not much apart from what has been said above.

Unemployment down - lowest it's been in over a decade
Improved public housing
Tighter gun controls
Tougher law's for overseas investors to buy property in NZ
Extended Paid parental leave program
Cracked down on online terrorist stuff the likes ISIS put on line to recruit
Increased funding of health services = more doctors, nurses. Improved cancer services
Raised the minimum wage

Enough or not enough?

Reckon she's done alright

And your comment thst a small country like that they should be giving something back. Why can't our govt do the same? Size of the country is irrelevant. ScoMo has refused and it is blight on him and his govt. Actually it's a blight on all our pollies, all of them

no, its not enough. Not by my standards but by the NZ people. The reporting on her has not been favourable.

re: your last comment. Thank you, but it didnt stop you having a dig at scomo. Im sure if it was gillard you wouldnt have even brought this up :shh

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4850 on: April 16, 2020, 10:17:50 PM »

no, its not enough. Not by my standards but by the NZ people. The reporting on her has not been favourable.

And the reporting on ScoMo has been great either but he is doing a great job you keep saying. So negative reporting on one leader means nothing but negative reporting on another means alot? Sorry you can't apply one standard for pne and not the other. It dilutes the argument

FWIW I have a friend who moved back there about 4 and a bit year's ago. She said the NZ she lives in now is the best it's been and she didn't vote for Ardern in 2017 but would now without hesitation. She works in the health sector. The improvement in health sector funding has been in her view brilliant. The run down hospital she works at has been upgraded and moved into the 21st century...

re: your last comment. Thank you, but it didnt stop you having a dig at scomo. Im sure if it was gillard you wouldnt have even brought this up :shh

2 points

1/ read my entire comment again. Yes I whacked the PM (rightly) for refusing to lead by example and take a pay cut. But I said it is a blight on ALL our pollies. That means everyone of them Libs, Hat's, ALP, Greens every single one of them

2/ following on from the above to suggest if it was Gillard I wouldn't have bought it up is wrong not to mention a cheap shot. I'd be whacking her or whoever the PM was/is because ALL means ALL.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4851 on: April 20, 2020, 12:35:23 PM »
Governments have a moral and political obkigation to keep hospitals up to date. Even Dan Andrews has spent money upgrading hospitals. Its not out of the orfinary. Ardern did what is her obligation for the sheep shaggers nothing more nothing less.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4852 on: April 20, 2020, 12:56:19 PM »
Governments have a moral and political obkigation to keep hospitals up to date. Even Dan Andrews has spent money upgrading hospitals. Its not out of the orfinary. Ardern did what is her obligation for the sheep shaggers nothing more nothing less.

Absolute rubbish

You are right governments have an obligation

But she spent the obligation  + more to what the previous governments didnt or refused to spend to get their health system back up to date.

The previous govt didn't, they failed miserably

She has righted an unforgivable wrong

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4853 on: April 20, 2020, 03:02:32 PM »

Absolute rubbish

LOL. Only a lefty would have that type of Logic. Ardern would only ever get to backbencher status in Australian politics. Id doubt shed be capable of winning a preselection.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4854 on: April 20, 2020, 03:36:41 PM »

Absolute rubbish

LOL. Only a lefty would have that type of Logic. Ardern would only ever get to backbencher status in Australian politics. Id doubt shed be capable of winning a preselection.

Easy job being PM over there since you dont have to worry about the economy since it has been in recession for 30 odd years

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4855 on: April 20, 2020, 03:46:27 PM »
Its sheep shagger central what did you expect.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4856 on: April 20, 2020, 05:51:30 PM »
I'd still swap Scotty from Marketing for Jacinda.

:thumbsup

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4857 on: April 20, 2020, 06:42:58 PM »

Absolute rubbish

I hate to say this Ramps but you are a hypocrite. This is exhibit G BTW

I get that you HATE with a passion anything or anyone associated with any Labor Govt.

But of it was the other way you'd whack a Labor govt for failing to provide basic services and heap praise on a conservative govt fro righting a wrong

Just like you refuse to criticise the current govt (prior to COVID19) for having us on the brink of a recession and increasing our nation's debt since they been in office. You go on and on about they save us from poverty. Please! Pre COVID19 they have failed. But don't let those facts get in the way of your political bias.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4858 on: April 20, 2020, 06:57:02 PM »
You said my post or opinion was rubbish

Then you agreed with my central point.

Now Im a hypocrite lol.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4859 on: April 20, 2020, 08:59:01 PM »
You said my post or opinion was rubbish

Then you agreed with my central point.

Now Im a hypocrite lol.

You missed the point

But that's no surprise

You said

Its not out of the orfinary. Ardern did what is her obligation for the sheep shaggers nothing more nothing less.
The sentiment in total is rubbish

Yes govt have an obligation to maintain certain standards of services, that I agree with

But the rest our your post IMV is a cheap shot, clouded by political bias and rubbish