Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766600 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #4890 on: May 02, 2020, 07:51:58 AM »
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what he has actually done that's not someone else's idea. Admittedly he is good at making up new names for things; jobkeeper, jobseeker, national cabinet etc.

Virgin say hello. Do you even follow politics?

Next you are going to tell me he should have bailed them out? :lol

I suppose dan's ideas were all his and not the chief medical guru of victoria?

You obviously have never worked in a team before, but ultimately the buck stops with the leading man and he is doing a tremendous job.  :clapping

So you agree that all he has done is lead. His leadership has included a trip to Hawaii during  major  bushfires and forced handshakes just to have a photo opportunity. And during the covid19 crisis all he has done is confuse people.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4891 on: May 02, 2020, 09:49:44 AM »
Scotty from Marketing is on his way to a massive electoral victory over Albo. Labor has no potential leaders coming through. Its going to be long long secade or two for the left in this Country.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4892 on: May 02, 2020, 09:58:23 AM »
Scotty from Marketing is on his way to a massive electoral victory over Albo. Labor has no potential leaders coming through. Its going to be long long secade or two for the left in this Country.

Haven't you already used this line?

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4893 on: May 02, 2020, 09:59:12 AM »
Scotty from Marketing is on his way to a massive electoral victory at the next election. Albanese will lead labor into the electoral abyss.

Yep here it is.

😁

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4894 on: May 02, 2020, 07:38:36 PM »
Yep.

Just making sure you didnt miss it the first time lol

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4895 on: May 02, 2020, 08:29:51 PM »
Scomo the curve flattener

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4896 on: May 03, 2020, 09:49:44 AM »
Scomo the curve flattener

No, Chucky

His curve is trending up you said so yourself a few days back  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4897 on: May 03, 2020, 11:53:23 AM »
dan andrews copping a nice whack and deservedly so. Kids need to learn you peanut.

just because a teacher contracted covid doesnt give justfication for this farce to continue a whole term to please his union mates.

Thank god our school allows us to bring them in, because unlike that idiot every one who works is essential as per what scomo says, and cannot educate and work.

Id rather listen to a national panel of medicos that some power tripper.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4898 on: May 03, 2020, 11:59:39 AM »
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what he has actually done that's not someone else's idea. Admittedly he is good at making up new names for things; jobkeeper, jobseeker, national cabinet etc.

Virgin say hello. Do you even follow politics?

Next you are going to tell me he should have bailed them out? :lol

I suppose dan's ideas were all his and not the chief medical guru of victoria?

You obviously have never worked in a team before, but ultimately the buck stops with the leading man and he is doing a tremendous job.  :clapping

So you agree that all he has done is lead. His leadership has included a trip to Hawaii during  major  bushfires and forced handshakes just to have a photo opportunity. And during the covid19 crisis all he has done is confuse people.

If he has confused you then it wouldnt be that hard IMO judging by some of your latest comments.

his leadership qualities are there for all to see,Virgin was one example of which you havent disclosed if you approved of this stance. Like ive said a few times the people voted. I think you need to get over it.

I'm thinking you may be bill shorten not 65?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #4899 on: May 03, 2020, 12:57:56 PM »
Labor(sic) almost sounding like a real working class party for the first time in over 50 years:

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/put-australian-jobs-first-labor-calls-for-migration-overhaul-after-pandemic-20200501-p54p0i.html

:shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4901 on: May 03, 2020, 05:36:39 PM »
dan andrews copping a nice whack and deservedly so. Kids need to learn you peanut.

just because a teacher contracted covid doesnt give justfication for this farce to continue a whole term to please his union mates.

Thank god our school allows us to bring them in, because unlike that idiot every one who works is essential as per what scomo says, and cannot educate and work.

Id rather listen to a national panel of medicos that some power tripper.

What the Federal education minister said today was the most pathetic effort of any pollie during this crisis.

Left the Victorian opposition looking good

Gutless wonder has withdrawn his comments and used being frustrated as an excuse

Think you will find your leader ScoMo has told Tehan to pull his head in.

And Frankie thought you better than this."power tripper". Please.. reason are clear also what the plan is

Did you miss the bit about mass testing for a fortnight and then a decision will be made on the remainder of term 2. Schools are open to suggest they are not is not true. Further other states have their schools "closed" too. Didn't get Tehan mention thst

And finally you are aware that ScoMo's kids are not at school because their schools are closed and they aren't schooled on Victoria. hence the govt's bribe to private schools this week. And please don't defend it, it is a bribe

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4902 on: May 03, 2020, 06:14:31 PM »
How exactly did Cook "decimate the population" ...what "terror did he create" and how did he force anyone to "sacrifice and change the way they live in order to survive"? How exactly was it an "invasion" when he was only here for a few months, only had a few relatively minor skirmishes that were either in self-defence or the result of cultural misunderstandings , left leaving no occupying force behind and no-one else arrived until nearly two decades later? :shh
Like most things the issue is more complex than the simplistic ramblings of the extremes of both sides of the argument. There's no doubt Cook was a brilliant navigator, cartographer and his three voyages were major achievements as they filled in large knowledge gaps of what existed on the "other side of the world" for ignorant Europeans at that time.

Where it gets murky is when it comes to his orders as far as claiming land:

Cook's Instruction (1768): 'You are also with consent of the natives to take possession of convenient situations in the country in the name of the King of Great Britain, or, if you find the country uninhabited take
possession for His Majesty by setting up proper marks and inscriptions as first discovers and possessors.'

When Cook claimed eastern New Holland (which he renamed NSW) for the British crown he didn't follow this order as far as getting consent from the aboriginal population. It could be argued Cook had a more positive opinion of aboriginal people compared to say other English explorers like Dampier (who despised them) - "The natives of New Holland, they may seem to be the most wretched people on Earth, but in fact they are the happiest people I have ever witnessed" - and that Cook tried to communicate at Botany Bay by offering beads and fish his crew had caught but the locals didn't want a bar of them and just wanted Cook and crew to go away - "However we could know but very little of their customs as we never were able to form any connections with them, they had not so much as touch'd the things we had left in their hutts on purpose for them to take away." - Cook 6/5/1770. There's also no mention in Cook's diary of wanting to seek a treaty to take possession of the land either.

Cook didn't use the term "terra nullius" and did acknowlege he was the first European (as opposed to first human) to visit eastern New Holland in his diary but his final 'claim' at Possession Island on Aug 22 1770 followed the second half of the above order making no mention of the aboriginals being in possession the land nor gaining consent from them which Britain would use to claim "terra nullius".

Now it wouldn't be the first or last time a superpower didn't follow its own rules or rewrite the rules for their own convenience and benefit but that doesn't make it right either.

While it's unfair IMO to judge those from hundreds of years ago as simply "good" or "bad" in terms of our more advanced 21st century knowledge and values, it's us now who are left with the legacy of their wrong decisions and the cost of those decisions and correcting them. Nor does it help by perpetuating "terra nullius" nonsense that we were taught as kids such as "Captain Cook discovered Australia" or (name-)calling someone "unAustralian" or "Leftie" if they have the nerve to be critical of Cook or the British 250 years ago. Instead it should inspire mature debate and rebutal based on evidence (i.e. not quoting Andrew Bolt :shh ) as the James Cook story is a complex mixture of both positive achievements and negative events and resulting outcomes which benefitted and disowned different people in Australia all interwined.

ps. First stop should be teaching people, especially those in the media and cultural cringes, the difference between the events of April 29, 1770 (Cook); Jan 26, 1788 (Phillip/First Fleet) and Jan 1, 1901 (Federation/Birth of our nation). Many mix them up :facepalm although it doesn't help when we have the wrong historical date as Australia Day  ::).

Also how exactly is the Coronavirus "decimating the population" when the death toll  so far is still below 100 and less than 0.25% of the population has been infected? How many Australians are actually "living in terror" over it? :shh :shh

But yeah apart from all that -"factually correct"... :shh :shh :shh.
Do you watch what is happening overseas?

Without the restrictions and the lockdown the death toll would be massive especially amongst the older generation which makes up one third of Australia's adult population as well as indigenous population who are more susceptible given the "gap" (a negative legacy effect). Older Australians are scared because they are more at risk of death from covid-19.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4903 on: May 04, 2020, 10:11:30 PM »
Labor couldnt organise a pee up in a brewery. We all remember the calamity of Victorian Labor with the State Bank and Tricontinental. They left Victoria decimated. They spent billions on that white elephant desalination plant that doesnt produce anything. Then we had Rudd and Gillard lol. Pink batts cash for clunkers the most dodgiest schemes ever invented. Labor has form. They cant be trusted with the economy or the nations money. Scomo is a safe pair of hands. Showing impeccable leadership right now.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4904 on: May 05, 2020, 11:33:48 AM »
Labor couldnt organise a pee up in a brewery. We all remember the calamity of Victorian Labor with the State Bank and Tricontinental. They left Victoria decimated. They spent billions on that white elephant desalination plant that doesnt produce anything. Then we had Rudd and Gillard lol. Pink batts cash for clunkers the most dodgiest schemes ever invented. Labor has form. They cant be trusted with the economy or the nations money. Scomo is a safe pair of hands. Showing impeccable leadership right now.

I can't remember which exhibit we are up to but I think it is Exhibit G

Anyways... please at least get your facts aligned to your arguments

The Desal Plant is actually producing has been now for close to 12 months. this time last year an order was put in for water because our water storages had hit the trigger level. So please don't say it doesn't produce when it clearly does

I am sure you thinking is a long the line sof Barnaby & Abbott when water storages are low and we are in drought just build another dam. that there is no rain to fill it is irrelevant

You know it's funny you bang on and on and on about how good ScoMo's government as economic managers but you convienantly forget (actually ignore) that prior to this crisis national debt has risen to year on year since they LNP has been been in power And Please don't prattle on about "surpluses".

There is none & wasn't going to be one.

Ripping funding out of programs for those who most need it and using it to create fake surpluses is not great fiscal management it is despicable, unethical and more than anything immoral. But as long as they can boast about a "surplus" people like you will applaud