Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766597 times)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #5190 on: June 24, 2020, 06:12:50 PM »

My word what a mess this state has became, and it all started with the disgraceful soft messaging allowing those fools to protest, then of course the rorting of tax payer money.

According to some he has done a great job, though the silence tells a difference story

The current surge in COVID19 cases in Victoria is a direct result of the shoddy job the Federal Libs done in communicating to the ethnic and migrant populations. FACT

You need to stop using crack :cheers

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5191 on: June 24, 2020, 06:26:06 PM »
Victoria has requested help from the Australian Army.

My word what a mess this state has became, and it all started with the disgraceful soft messaging allowing those fools to protest, then of course the rorting of tax payer money.

According to some he has done a great job, though the silence tells a difference story :lol :lol

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/coronavirus-cases-in-victoria-surged-after-blm-protests-health-minister-says-c-1122012?fbclid=IwAR3vpQmL23C_7PCD0i9TsXS2cE2sWrU3kV4x9pNpn6MBarpkv3kd0SCx9kY

Interesting

The Federal Health Minister, CMO in Canberra disagrees with you but hey never let your bias get in the way of that 

Serious question for you, though your recent track record of answering questions posed to you means you will likely just bash the Premier

Knowing everything you know, everything we've been told about this virus now (although at the very beginning you said something along the lines it wasn't real)

If you tested positive to COVID19 would you go to work, head to the shops and / or go and visit say your parents or grand parents or stay home

I don't want hear about protests, bashing pollies, serious question what you do?

Answer honestly

The current surge in COVID19 cases in Victoria is a direct result of the shoddy job the Federal Libs done in communicating to the ethnic and migrant populations. FACT

Sorry that is a ridiculous statement. Is it a contributing factor perhaps?

But ultimately people (read the moron element) need to take responsibility for the idiotic, selfish behaviour.

People can point fingers at whoever they like because as is the norm these days things are always someone else's fault.

But people blatantly doing the wrong thing and hiding behind pathetic excuses of it's Andrews fault, ScoMo's fault is one almighty cop out.

The people to blame are those doing the wrong thing because they don't give a sh-t about anyone or anything but themselves

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5192 on: June 24, 2020, 06:45:22 PM »

Sorry that is a ridiculous statement. Is it a contributing factor perhaps?

But ultimately people (read the moron element) need to take responsibility for the idiotic, selfish behaviour.

People can point fingers at whoever they like because as is the norm these days things are always someone else's fault.

But people blatantly doing the wrong thing and hiding behind pathetic excuses of it's Andrews fault, ScoMo's fault is one almighty cop out.

The people to blame are those doing the wrong thing because they don't give a sh-t about anyone or anything but themselves

Source was a very connected source at one of the major hospitals in Melbourne dealing with this crisis.

Further evidence is how quickly the Liberals come out denying this all using the sme quotes.

Sometimes maybe you are not the font of all knowledge.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5193 on: June 24, 2020, 07:48:11 PM »
We have a big Sudan population. Do you know how many different dialects exist in Sudan?

One hundred and fourteen.

Scotty from Marketing and his team stuffed up again.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5194 on: June 24, 2020, 07:56:13 PM »

Our ethic and migrant population are not not idiotic.

How dare you generalise like that.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5195 on: June 24, 2020, 09:13:13 PM »

Sometimes maybe you are not the font of all knowledge.

Never said I was and neither are you

Suggest you quote your source if it is a media article

We have a big Sudan population. Do you know how many different dialects exist in Sudan?

One hundred and fourteen.

Scotty from Marketing and his team stuffed up again.

Why are you suddenly making this about race?

As most people know I am not a ScoMo fan. But this is not his or any government's stuff up... this the stuff up of selfish individuals who as I said don't think of anyone else but themselves and are clearly doing the wrong thing

Our ethic and migrant population are not not idiotic.

How dare you generalise like that.

What are you on about? I am never once single out any particular part of the population.

So how dare you insinuate otherwise.

It is you that has bought race and ethnicity into the discussion. Why?

I stand by my view that the people that are clearly doing the wrong thing and know that they are doing the wrong thing and have got us to this position are moronic and selfish. Their actions are indefensible.

And so you understand I am talking about the things we've heard in the last week around the spike in cases.

You know the ones

The Cases where we've been told people who have tested positive have gone to work and not stay home because they don't have sick leave. :banghead

Or the people infected who have gone, visited family and spread it. :banghead

Or the security guards at the hotels (hired by the hotels) that have not followed protocols.  :banghead

If you think these type actions are acceptable and can be excused under any guise just so you can take a swipe at a pollie you despise then that's your choice

But these actions are why we are we find ourselves today and I am for one are bloody angry about it

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5196 on: June 24, 2020, 09:29:06 PM »
Words

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5197 on: June 24, 2020, 09:46:23 PM »
Words

Another cop out

So are you now another poster who won't directly answer questions?

Says a lot

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5198 on: June 24, 2020, 09:47:19 PM »
More insults.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5199 on: June 24, 2020, 10:10:48 PM »
More insults.

What insults?

The only insult came from you  with your accusation of racism towards me.

Your standard response when someone challenges you is to post "Words" ... that is a cop out

How is making an observation about about your not wanting to answer questions directed at you an insult  :huh

So that action for me does say alot. That's not an insult that's just an opinion

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5200 on: June 25, 2020, 01:51:04 AM »

Coronavirus advice in Pacific Islander languages was published only four days ago, raising questions about government efforts to inform non-English speaking communities about the pandemic.

Members of Melbourne's Pacific Islander community, many of whom live in the council hotspot of Brimbank, have felt frustrated by the lack of information in native languages and have been requesting it for months.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/there-was-nothing-translation-delay-raises-questions-about-virus-information-to-migrant-communities-20200624-p555us.html
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 04:20:44 AM by Tired Tiger »

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5201 on: June 25, 2020, 04:31:57 AM »

Victoria's public health doorknockers arrived on the streets of Melbourne's COVID-19 hotspots on Wednesday, attempting to overcome barriers in communication with some communities.

Carrying basic illustrated guides on managing COVID-19, the pairs of doorknockers were also equipped with QR codes that, when scanned, bring up public health information translated into more than 50 languages – a nod to the Victorian health department's shift to focusing on multicultural and linguistically diverse communities

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/huge-exercise-doorknockers-hit-streets-to-spread-the-word-about-virus-20200624-p555rl.html

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5202 on: June 25, 2020, 08:40:46 AM »
WP

A couple of points.

1. I didn't make this about race and ethnicity, the government did (see last two posts)

2. I did quote my source (and it wasn't a media article)

3. I find your condescending attitude insulting.

TT

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5203 on: June 25, 2020, 10:43:13 AM »

Or the security guards at the hotels (hired by the hotels) that have not followed protocols.

1000 ADF personnel to help out in Victoria. Reports are suggesting that 850 of them will be replacing the security guards at the hotels.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #5204 on: June 25, 2020, 12:25:35 PM »
3. I find your condescending attitude insulting.

Coming from the most condescending person on the forum, I found this fairly funny

Surely you weren’t being serious