Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766601 times)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #5670 on: March 14, 2022, 07:58:01 PM »
INDEEDY

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5671 on: March 19, 2022, 09:24:40 PM »
Almost a 5.6% swing to Labor in SA  :o. Still up in the air if it will be a majority government despite 54% of the 2PP vote given the weird way SA do electoral boundaries.

Sure there were key state issues over there but surely Morrison is poison to the Liberal brand.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5672 on: March 20, 2022, 08:18:22 AM »
Hopefully it’s a sign of things to come to turf out those premiers who have performed terribly. He was one of them.

SA is an alp state for 20 of the last 24 years.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5673 on: March 20, 2022, 10:04:24 AM »
Hopefully it’s a sign of things to come to turf out those premiers who have performed terribly. He was one of them.

SA is an alp state for 20 of the last 24 years.

Think it will also have to do with opposition as well and how they present themsleves

In SA the opposition deliberately took the completely opposite path to the one the Vic opposition is using and it's got them elected. They also didn't need to win that many seats.

Which is the same issue the Fed govt faces, the opposition doesn't need to win that many seats to win

Massive difference in Victoria in that the current govt has such a huge majority. Even without COVID the likelihood of them being thrown out was always going to be near on impossible. You'd expect the majority to be reduced but it is very doubtful the swing will be big enough to displace them

NSW is the one to watch. Pretty sure they go to the polls in the next 12 months will be interesting to see what happens there. Gladys was very popular, Dom isn't....and some areas have turned on him in a big way over COVID
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5674 on: March 20, 2022, 12:51:50 PM »
Agree Andrews is only saved due to what happened 4 years ago. If it was a neutral result last time he would be in real trouble. That’s what people don’t understand that it virtually has nothing to do with now.

that said I think here we will see independents gain seats and the dictators influence is limited which is a good thing.

Sa is a labor state and my family tell me he has performed terribly over covid and they want sa to grow which won’t be happening, so I can’t wait to see what victorians think here.

All all in all it’s a positive sign.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5675 on: March 21, 2022, 05:14:45 PM »
I see an ALP politician was buried today, and now her husband had some words to say about his late wife, backing up what others have said about this great party.

Imagine that was a liberal politician then I would imagine a few on here would be very vocal about it all. Now all we hear are crickets.

I guess a female life is only important if it’s one party doing the damage.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #5676 on: March 21, 2022, 05:21:42 PM »
Well said :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5677 on: March 21, 2022, 06:32:59 PM »
Straws. Clutching.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5678 on: March 21, 2022, 09:27:13 PM »

I guess a female life is only important if it’s one party doing the damage.

Wrong.

Just wrong on so many levels.

I only heard crickets when Brittany Higgins, came forward with the allegations against a Liberal staffer. Not many criticised Payne or Cash and how the handled it or more to point didn't handle it

Crickets by many over Christian Porter issue(s)

Didn't hear much when the staffer (Rachelle Miller) accused Tudge of bullying (and don't hide behind the report he was cleared due to insufficient evidence).

Deadly silence around Grace Tame during 2021 when she challenged the culture in Canberra after Higgins came forward

And then just last week a post about the Tom Morris degrading comments referring to "the girl" being "the lucky loser ". Nothing lucky about it. I didn't call it out then perhaps I should have?

All bullying and all totally unacceptable whatever side of politics you are aligned to

I mean you didn't even bother to use Senator Kitching's name. You just said an "ALP politician", simply making it political point scoring exercise.

Any form of bullying is wrong, just so wrong. The ALP should be ashamed of how the Senator was treated. The Libs/Nats should be ashamed of their bullying of Miller, Higgins. No doubt there's been more we just don't know about it

Australian politics is at its lowest point, it is embarrassing, shameful and pathetic. And to be clear I am talking about ALL parties. They are all as bad as each other, totally insipid and pathetic

Clear?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5679 on: March 22, 2022, 07:36:56 AM »
Hahaha So I have to use names do I? That’s the most absurd thing I have heard from you WP. It doesn’t diminish my message and the point stands. Those other examples have nothing to do with this but nice deflection to my point. That Brittany example isn’t that still going through the courts and if they didn’t apologise to her they should walk away from politics.

I’m sure Penny was using names when she told this poor woman she didn’t understand climate change as she didn’t have children. Pretty sure those were her words and now she died.

ALP has form even at a state level look what Andrews did to the other lady recently. In  fact if I recall one of his crownies said she has mental issues when she first raised her bullying claims.

Your last paragraph is your most important and I agree with you 100%. I have learnt over the last year I have no interest in either of these parties federally  as they are all scum bags of the highest order.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5680 on: March 22, 2022, 08:27:19 AM »
Just on your note on not addressing actual names isn’t it old mate Andrews who refers to people as “that person” most recently as this last issue on claims of bullying

Guess you missed that one WP

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5681 on: March 30, 2022, 09:54:20 AM »
Anybody like to offer an opinion on the budget?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5682 on: March 30, 2022, 10:37:35 PM »
Pretty forgettable. No vision or direction; short-term bribes all about the election that end or will be eaten up by inflation afterwards and only are time bombs for the future; Victoria gets screwed again on infrastructure spending - Same old same old!
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5683 on: March 31, 2022, 12:02:05 AM »
If the Victorian government can afford 1.2 billion not to build a road, they hardly need a handout.

Didn’t waste my time reading any of it.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5684 on: March 31, 2022, 10:21:15 AM »

A typical pre-election, lets see if we can claw back some votes with it budget

Not $1 allocated for an ICAC, despite promising one

Whatever

:sleep