Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766650 times)

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #6210 on: September 26, 2023, 06:15:26 PM »
A day of mourning for a few posters. Celebrations to commence for the rest of us

Albo now must go as well

Wonderful day
Group of Aussies (including non victorians) meeting in the Philippines this arvo to celebrate the occasion
Great great day

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6211 on: September 26, 2023, 09:07:07 PM »
Right call by Andrews. I was always of the belief he would be there at the next state election but surprised it is less than 12 months after being re-elected with an increased majority. But he needed to go

“The real and active Communists in Australia present us with our immediate problem - not the woolly-headed dupes, not the people who are pushed to the front in order to present a respectable appearance, but the real and active Communists. We have a clear choice, and we must make it clearly. We can attack these Communists frontally, or we can adopt inaction and justify it by accepting one or all of the arguments that are used currently to justify inaction.”
 —  Robert Menzies House of Representatives, Canberra, 27 April, 1950 Second Term as Prime Minister (1949-1966)

Source: http://www.australianquotes.com/quotes_1950-present.php

Source: https://quotepark.com/quotes/1790659-robert-menzies-the-real-and-active-communists-in-australia-presen/

Goodness me, never thought I'd read a quote of Pig Iron Bob's on here

But there's certainly irony  ;D

Dan and China

Bob and Japan during WWII
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6212 on: September 26, 2023, 10:31:26 PM »
A day of mourning for a few posters. Celebrations to commence for the rest of us

Albo now must go as well

Wonderful day
Group of Aussies (including non victorians) meeting in the Philippines this arvo to celebrate the occasion
Great great day

thats fantastic Damo. i was thinking of celebrating in front of his house this afternoon. I may save it for later this week and get my lovely dog to drop the biggest poo on his front lawn

condolences to those who are mourning  :shh

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #6213 on: September 26, 2023, 10:37:50 PM »
“The real and active Communists in Australia present us with our immediate problem - not the woolly-headed dupes, not the people who are pushed to the front in order to present a respectable appearance, but the real and active Communists. We have a clear choice, and we must make it clearly. We can attack these Communists frontally, or we can adopt inaction and justify it by accepting one or all of the arguments that are used currently to justify inaction.”
 —  Robert Menzies House of Representatives, Canberra, 27 April, 1950 Second Term as Prime Minister (1949-1966)

Source: http://www.australianquotes.com/quotes_1950-present.php

Source: https://quotepark.com/quotes/1790659-robert-menzies-the-real-and-active-communists-in-australia-presen/

McCarthy was right.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6214 on: September 27, 2023, 04:28:22 AM »
Seen the writing on the wall and did the smart thing

If only #mustgoAlbo had  a tenth of the intelligence

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6215 on: September 27, 2023, 08:48:00 AM »
It’s a joke
Mark McGowan, voted in and then doesn’t see out his term
Now the Dictator does the same

And at federal level we had to put up with the Rudd, Gillard, was it Rudd, or is it Gillard nonsense

We know they love leaving before a term is up

Albo, it’s time to tow the party line and go before your elected term is up

#albomustgo

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6216 on: September 27, 2023, 09:12:57 AM »
Right call by Andrews. I was always of the belief he would be there at the next state election but surprised it is less than 12 months after being re-elected with an increased majority. But he needed to go

Why the right call?
Why did he need to go?

It’s obviously fantastic he’s gone .. but when you run for government and get elected by the people, you are voted in for a term .. something politicians don’t seem to give a poo about these days

Get voted in, get tired, turn their back and wander off into the distance

Anyway, hope the prick moves to China

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6217 on: September 27, 2023, 03:10:34 PM »

Why the right call?
Why did he need to go?

It’s obviously fantastic he’s gone .. but when you run for government and get elected by the people, you are voted in for a term .. something politicians don’t seem to give a poo about these days

Get voted in, get tired, turn their back and wander off into the distance

Anyway, hope the prick moves to China

Right call because he'd lost so many who had supported him the last 9 years. I was visiting my Mum's BF the other week and she is one eyed ALP but she said to me that she had lost all respect for him in the last 6 months and he needed to go. She gave alot more detail as to her view but that's between her and me.

Absolutely agree with you about then serving their terms. But as you say they get a bit tired and off they shuffle

And I  don't think he'll move to China, perhaps it will be the Philippines so he can get on the beers  :rollin

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #6218 on: September 27, 2023, 03:23:46 PM »
What's he done in the last 9 months that tops what he did during the "pandemic" ?
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6219 on: September 27, 2023, 04:06:41 PM »
What's he done in the last 9 months that tops what he did during the "pandemic" ?

Apparently making it easier to build granny flats which I think is awesome haha but hardly a vote winner.

My own local council makes it virtually impossible so fingers crossed it's something we can consider in future to keep my parents out of a nursing home for longer.

Otherwise yeah it's probably time to move on.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6220 on: September 27, 2023, 04:30:56 PM »

What part of " She gave alot more detail as to her view but that's between her and me" didn't make sense?  ::)

And regarding what he did do during the pandemic depends on how you viewed the pandemic doesn't it

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #6221 on: September 27, 2023, 06:16:46 PM »

What part of " She gave alot more detail as to her view but that's between her and me" didn't make sense?  ::)

And regarding what he did do during the pandemic depends on how you viewed the pandemic doesn't it
Nothing you say makes sense. A conversation with a 90 year old is your reasoning for him needing to go.

I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6222 on: September 27, 2023, 08:50:38 PM »
Nothing you say makes sense. A conversation with a 90 year old is your reasoning for him needing to go.

What at pathetic cheap shot a person you don't know based on what you think their age is?  :thumbsdown

You want to direct the cheap shots & pot me then go ahead but leave my Mum's bestie out of it >:( TBH it was gutless

Yes, I'm peeved and yes I'm sensitive when it comes to my family and extended family

Now back to your "nothing you say makes sense", is that just in this thread or in general?

My reasoning for it being time for him to go is simple (1) he has clearly lost the support of the rank file, rusted on ALP supporters and (2) more importantly his already huge ego has spiraled out of control. Many would argue that it's been out of control for years but the last 6 months and since the last election it had moved to an extreme level

Is that clear enough for you? Does it make sense?

On the pandemic how anyone judges what he did or didn't do, should have done is going to be determined on how you view the pandemic; how serious you thought it was or wasn't.

It was a once in a century event that no one had a clue on how to deal with it. Always found it amusing that people complained about the lockdowns or lockouts but no one ever came up with alternative on how it should have been dealt with.

Hope that makes sense

But whatever

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6223 on: September 27, 2023, 09:21:51 PM »
(1) he has clearly lost the support of the rank file, rusted on ALP supporters

Whatever it was that caused this

Can you please organise another batch and have it carry over to Albo

#albomustgo
#wakeuprankfile

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6224 on: September 28, 2023, 12:32:50 PM »

What at pathetic cheap shot a person you don't know based on what you think their age is?  :thumbsdown

You want to direct the cheap shots & pot me then go ahead but leave my Mum's bestie out of it >:( TBH it was gutless

Yes, I'm peeved and yes I'm sensitive when it comes to my family and extended family

Now back to your "nothing you say makes sense", is that just in this thread or in general?

My reasoning for it being time for him to go is simple (1) he has clearly lost the support of the rank file, rusted on ALP supporters and (2) more importantly his already huge ego has spiraled out of control. Many would argue that it's been out of control for years but the last 6 months and since the last election it had moved to an extreme level

Is that clear enough for you? Does it make sense?

On the pandemic how anyone judges what he did or didn't do, should have done is going to be determined on how you view the pandemic; how serious you thought it was or wasn't.

It was a once in a century event that no one had a clue on how to deal with it. Always found it amusing that people complained about the lockdowns or lockouts but no one ever came up with alternative on how it should have been dealt with.

Hope that makes sense

But whatever

I will paraphrase this for you AT.

i think he did a great job during the pandemic, I say no one "ever" came up with an alternative, but really i mean to say people did (not enforce this and that, much like other states/countries) but lets not go down that road.

Instead Lets just say no one came up with an alternative.

Its also once a century event, but on a federal level its not the case. They should have done this and done that and their debt is unacceptable.

#airheadlbomustgo

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.