Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766617 times)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #6255 on: October 09, 2023, 09:52:24 PM »
Referendums generally don’t work when they become political. Ever.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6256 on: October 09, 2023, 09:57:57 PM »
I love it when people say im on the fence but then give a paragraph spill on why its great. :lol I've seen that a few times.

How about fo. I dont trust any politician let alone the flogs in charge now. Why do i have to vote yes? Some aboriginals dont even want it so what makes anyone else any different.

No different to the jab. Have no issue if others chose not to, but it became political and frowned upon just like this.

My choice is a resounding NO. Do i think we are going to be paying more taxes or any crap like that. I dont have a reply on that, but again reverting back to my original post about politicians I dont trust any of them.

How about fix the issues that most people want fixed Albonese it instead of embarking on a white mans cleansing crusade.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6257 on: October 09, 2023, 11:37:55 PM »
I love it when people say im on the fence but then give a paragraph spill on why its great. :lol I've seen that a few times.

How about fo. I dont trust any politician let alone the flogs in charge now. Why do i have to vote yes? Some aboriginals dont even want it so what makes anyone else any different.

No different to the jab. Have no issue if others chose not to, but it became political and frowned upon just like this.

My choice is a resounding NO. Do i think we are going to be paying more taxes or any crap like that. I dont have a reply on that, but again reverting back to my original post about politicians I dont trust any of them.

How about fix the issues that most people want fixed Albonese it instead of embarking on a white mans cleansing crusade.

Nothing I said in my post amounts to the voice being great.

And I hope you didn't just tell me to F off because I wanted to have a legitimate discussion about it.

You failed to make a point other than making yourself look scared. Don't trust pollies, a useless mention of tax and something silly about a cleanse? All of that just says fear fear fear.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #6258 on: October 09, 2023, 11:50:06 PM »
I'm voting yes. Yes to Albo must go I mean
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6259 on: October 10, 2023, 05:04:34 AM »

Nothing I said in my post amounts to the voice being great.

And I hope you didn't just tell me to F off because I wanted to have a legitimate discussion about it.

You failed to make a point other than making yourself look scared. Don't trust pollies, a useless mention of tax and something silly about a cleanse? All of that just says fear fear fear.

I'm scared of 65 that's about it.

FO to pollies not you.

Thanks now that that is  sorted my points valid and I'm not alone.

Albonese should walk whichever vote gets up.

Other issues more important than this.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #6262 on: October 14, 2023, 08:16:19 PM »
Surely Apartheid Albo's position is untenable after tonight's debacle. The people have spoken. #mustgo :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #6263 on: October 14, 2023, 09:45:44 PM »
Surely Apartheid Albo's position is untenable after tonight's debacle. The people have spoken. #mustgo :shh

It’s obvious Dio

#albomustgo

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #6264 on: October 14, 2023, 10:00:03 PM »
Id vote for Jacinta Nampijinpa Price any day of the week she is a very talented aboriginal woman which I've agreed with her every time I've heard her speak.

The voice to parliament debate back in April, she and Warren Mundine had as "against" the proposal in my opinion, made a much much better argument than the two aboriginals that were "for" the proposal.
https://www.cis.org.au/commentary/video/referendum-2023-the-voice-to-parliament-debate/

Jacinta is an example of how any indigenous person can make a massive difference for any Australian.

It was disgusting that she was called racist for her stance on this issue but she has always presented herself with excellence and integrity despite the attacks she had been subjected to.
The club that keeps giving.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6265 on: October 14, 2023, 11:32:02 PM »

Jacinta is an example of how any indigenous person can make a massive difference for any Australian.

It was disgusting that she was called racist for her stance on this issue but she has always presented herself with excellence and integrity despite the attacks she had been subjected to.

Serious question about Jacinta Price, you mention her integrity. What about the times she blatantly lied during the campaign? Surely that calls into question her integrity?

Now before people give me their stock standard whacks and say I'm sooking over the result and it's sour grapes.

I accept the referendum result, I'm definitely disappointed with it but certainly not surprised by it. It was never going to succeed without bipartisan support. Actually I question whether it would have got up even with bipartisan support.

The only other comment I will make tonight is and I've posted it previously and that is I am absolutely staggered by the ignorance people have about our constitution. That so many people don't know what's in it, how it works has genuinely left me scratching my head. But it is what it is and we move on
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6266 on: October 14, 2023, 11:39:00 PM »
What a great result. Most people rejected this rubbish and with good reason.  Nothing pleases me more to see albo's voice sound even more pathetic than he usually sounds.

A lot of "ignorant" people out there it seems  yet albo can do no wrong :lol :lol

By the way NT seats overwhelming no vote. 

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6267 on: October 15, 2023, 12:20:04 AM »
Mr Abbott said it was a “radical power grab by an activist class.” :snidegrin

https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/indigenous-voice-to-parliament/news-story/09e16ebc27cf92c30570adcc8596bab4

Mayo the union freak and albo have been absolutely demolished and they both must walk.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6268 on: October 15, 2023, 06:56:00 AM »
Personally I don't see the result of the referendum having any impact on Albo or election.

We were asked to vote on something and we did.

Doesn't mean heads need to roll?

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6269 on: October 15, 2023, 07:31:56 AM »
Personally I don't see the result of the referendum having any impact on Albo or election.

We were asked to vote on something and we did.

Doesn't mean heads need to roll?

Nope.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.