Author Topic: Non-Richmond games 2011  (Read 97694 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Non-Richmond games 2011
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2011, 10:54:43 PM »
NORTH Melbourne skipper Brent Harvey has launched an astonishing critique of the club’s middle tier players,

Harvey brutally honest in his assessment of an abject display.

“I think it is more our young guys not toeing the line – the guys between 21-years and 25-years old – Sam Wright, Lachie Hansen – when are they going to step up?” Harvey said.

“It is now, we cannot keep saying potentially we are going to be a decent team in a couple of years. I want it to be right now.

“I am more disappointed with that middle tier group. We will have a chat during the week, and we will look each other in the eye because we are all men.

“I know I am talking about the 21 to 25 year-olds but they are still men.

“You look at guys like Steele Sidebottom, Dayne Beams and these type of guys – they are playing great football in a great team.

Now I know we will most likely be beaten by collingwood. But I think kangaroos dont do them selfs any favours when they blame the younger players for not stepping up publicly. Also to be fair to collingwood there senior players carry alot more of the team then kangaroos senior players like Harvey and Wells.
So much for a united front, not airing your dirty laundry publicly and shinboner spirit  :wallywink.

Harvey has been a champion footballer but it's no use sticking the boots into teammates when you're not making any difference yourself this year. North remind me of us in 2005-6 - they aren't sure whether they are rebuilding or a finals side and so they're ending up neither.

Another side underachieving compared to their expectations is Melbourne. Top 8 sides don't allow the opposition to have 19 shots and 25 inside 50s to 6 in just one quarter :nup
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2011, 08:41:50 AM »
Just on the Hawthorn vs: Melbourne game: did anybody else see Cyril Rioli fell Nathan Jones with a punch in the solar plexus? If so, do you think he'll get rubbed out? Or is this just wishful thinking on my part?

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2011, 10:19:59 AM »
Bummers lost :thumbsup
That'll shut up their arrogant bandwagon-jumping masses for a week.

According to some Bumbers, they were already 3-0 after only 1 game  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2011, 11:01:59 PM »
NORTH Melbourne skipper Brent Harvey has launched an astonishing critique of the club’s middle tier players,

Harvey brutally honest in his assessment of an abject display.

“I think it is more our young guys not toeing the line – the guys between 21-years and 25-years old – Sam Wright, Lachie Hansen – when are they going to step up?” Harvey said.

“It is now, we cannot keep saying potentially we are going to be a decent team in a couple of years. I want it to be right now.

“I am more disappointed with that middle tier group. We will have a chat during the week, and we will look each other in the eye because we are all men.

“I know I am talking about the 21 to 25 year-olds but they are still men.

“You look at guys like Steele Sidebottom, Dayne Beams and these type of guys – they are playing great football in a great team.

Now I know we will most likely be beaten by collingwood. But I think kangaroos dont do them selfs any favours when they blame the younger players for not stepping up publicly. Also to be fair to collingwood there senior players carry alot more of the team then kangaroos senior players like Harvey and Wells.
So much for a united front, not airing your dirty laundry publicly and shinboner spirit  :wallywink.

Harvey has been a champion footballer but it's no use sticking the boots into teammates when you're not making any difference yourself this year. North remind me of us in 2005-6 - they aren't sure whether they are rebuilding or a finals side and so they're ending up neither.

Another side underachieving compared to their expectations is Melbourne. Top 8 sides don't allow the opposition to have 19 shots and 25 inside 50s to 6 in just one quarter :nup

With the bye this week the sh1tboners will be talking about their spirit and how they travel well before their round 4 game in Perth against the Dockers. Expect no names to play their game of the year and North talk about finals and being in the mix should they get up. :help

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2011, 11:03:06 PM »
Bummers lost :thumbsup
That'll shut up their arrogant bandwagon-jumping masses for a week.

According to some Bumbers, they were already 3-0 after only 1 game  :lol

Gee and I thought we looked forward at Punt Rd before we realised there was a false dawn dawning on us.         
 :lol :rollin :lol

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2011, 08:46:10 PM »
Gee i hate to say it but the Pies are real good to watch.

We need to get to a level where our midfielders are scoring all the goals. Till that time we wont match it with these guys.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2011, 08:51:25 PM »
Blair just got a very very soft free kick basically directly infront of the goals.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2011, 09:45:06 PM »
Collingwood and Judd get very well taken care of by the umps. That free to Blair in the 2nd quarter was laughable. The ump hesistated and then got sucked in by the crowd.

The Pies can be exposed once you get past their forward press zone and kick it deep forward close to goal. The problem of course if getting past the zone in the first place and they back themselves to get the turnover far more than the opposition get through or over. You need to move the ball quickly at all costs with precise skills while the zone isn't set but that's not something we do often and well enough at all yet  :-\.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2011, 09:52:14 PM »
How players like Simpson, Carrazo and Walker can possibly play a part in the finals for the Blues is beyond me.

All 3 are such downhill skiers its not funny. Spuds.

Poor Collins nice first touch for your beloved Blues.. :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2011, 09:58:02 PM »
Betts and Thorton would be top of their frontrunner list. Has Eddie actually touched the ball tonight?! Hampson will be dropped as soon as Kreuzer comes back.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2011, 11:38:20 PM »
Waite was another senior player who went missing tonight for the Blues. He seems to only play well against us (unless he's knocked out lol)

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2011, 12:06:44 AM »

We need to get to a level where our midfielders are scoring all the goals. Till that time we wont match it with these guys.

Sure. If you think having 36 players crammed into 5 percent of the ground at every contest is real good to watch :P

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2011, 01:14:45 PM »

Sure. If you think having 36 players crammed into 5 percent of the ground at every contest is real good to watch :P
If the Pies didn't play that way their key defenders would be easily exposed. The same reason why the Saints play(ed) their negative way under Lyon. If you had a side with a good midfield and decent defence and two big quality key forwards up front you'd beat both of them. The problem is the competition right now is ordinary and lacking challengers as we've got a combination of teams on decline, up-and-coming teams not ready, and others like Brisbane just plain crap! The same thing happened with Essendon in 2000. One club at the top of their cycle on their own. Hopefully there's someone in the second half of the this year that steps up and challenges Collingwood.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2011, 03:16:37 PM »
I think your confusung Saints and Sydney with the Pies Rolls.

Pies play a better game style to Saints. Its called pressure and they do it well. They score very well too.

Saints play this man behind the ball crap resulting in low scoring games.

Pies are all about pressure pressure pressure. Thats what won them a flag not having 36 players in 5% of the ground.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2011, 03:45:55 PM »
Karmichael Hunt.  :lol :lol  They cant be serious can they. The guy cannot play