Author Topic: Dimma's dissection (weekly video match review)  (Read 69957 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Dimma's dissection (weekly video match review)
« Reply #255 on: April 10, 2015, 01:33:23 PM »
Like stuffing whoa man  :shh

Our tackling stats are down but WHOA......our corralling, confining, and cajoling numbers would be way up

Whoa  :shh
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #256 on: April 11, 2015, 09:27:23 AM »
So when your kpi's are down in tackling, all they have to do is change the kpi from quantity to quality.

Then no one is technically accountable and they just hope that we keep winning.
Tackling stats are one that I always take with a grain of salt.  Who can tell me exactly what defines a tackle. There are many efforts per game that are great and put lots of pressure on the opposition yet dont get a tackle stat. I know this applies to all of players and teams but I find the stat one of the least useful in determining output.

they at least give an indicator of pressure.. even an attempted tackle shows theres been some sort of pressure applied to the ball carrier. with so few laying tackles no wonder we have to give blokes like morris a defensive role .

its been evident for yrss we dont tackle  we dont hunt players we dont go both ways and imo lack aggression and mongrel. for many byrs most on here have seen it and complained about the defensive side of our game.
i think we are entitled to feel a little amused when hardwick comes out with that crap.  its gone from no no we dont tackle we herd players to no no its not about the number but how well they lay the odd tackle.

the trouble is hes tried to put a spin on things when he should just have been honest and said we didnt lay enough tackles and are looking at it or just said nothing. we dont need the b/s well i dont anyway.

as stated already i try not to read a thing they say its constant spin.unfortunately to join some topics on here you are forced to read his comments only to regret you did almost straight away.

I cant see how this replies to what I said about me taking Tackling stats with a grain of salt. I wasn't commenting on Spin or anything else, just Tackling stats which I find unhelpful and don't really reflect the game.

I would like to add something that might back up what I was saying. Now I cant cut a clip from my foxtel recording but there is 20 second of play in the third quarter that makes my point very well. From about the 4:50 left to go there was a series of tackles (or pressure acts) that resulted in us getting a holding the ball call against Carlton. Now I don't have the second by second stats for those 20 second but my guess that the only tackle stat that was given was the final holding the ball tackle. At  least 6 Tigers got hold of a Carlton player or put them to the ground in that 20 seconds. You wont see that from the tackle stats and some wont even see it watching the game. If you watch it you might also notice that this is time that Griff put Gibbs down twice in that 20 second in a time he was supposedly not involved and quiet, but thats another subject. I love my stats (anybody that has seen my Supercoach or Dreamteams over the years would know that) but they don't tell the full story and should not be used in isolation, especially tackle stats.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
    • Canning A.R.T.S.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #259 on: April 11, 2015, 10:19:52 AM »
Here you go Fluffy:

http://www.afl.com.au/video/smart-replay?round=CD_R201501401&matchId=CD_M20150140101&eventType=free&seek=5031&videoQuality=high

Thanks mate,   you see my point?

Absolutely.  And it's why I've kept banging on about the value of Morris's game on Thursday night - I reckon he had a hell of a lot more impact than his stats would suggest.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #260 on: April 11, 2015, 10:28:50 AM »
Here you go Fluffy:

http://www.afl.com.au/video/smart-replay?round=CD_R201501401&matchId=CD_M20150140101&eventType=free&seek=5031&videoQuality=high

Absolutely.  And it's why I've kept banging on about the value of Morris's game on Thursday night - I reckon he had a hell of a lot more impact than his stats would suggest.

I was going to add the Morris point into the first argument but figured was already taking a bit with the tackles argument and Griff thrown in. Suppose I could of killed three birds with the one stone.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #261 on: April 11, 2015, 11:51:51 AM »
Lids was asked about Morris on that Ch 31 show and he felt the umps paid frees against Morris because going in so hard looked worse than it was.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #262 on: April 11, 2015, 01:02:17 PM »
I thought Morro's game was unacceptable & I would think he would want to improve his output considerably if we expect to be a finals team
The club that keeps giving.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #263 on: April 11, 2015, 11:25:30 PM »
another blinder by morris i see lol. once again just 51 tackles. this time the lack of pressure bites. they went inside 50  less than us had no talls to speak of but they managed what 14 15 goals and what was really a comfortable win.
morris had a whopping 8 disposals  laid an impressive 1 tackle and unluckily didnt hit the scoreboard. was just as bad as last week if not worse. its a real success this move to the fwd line. i mean to say we are all happy kicking 3 goals in a half of footy and steve isnt a part of that problem though is he.

never mind defend away fellas its golden.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #264 on: April 15, 2015, 10:39:27 AM »
Dimma's dissection - Round 2:

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2010-04-14/dimmas-dissection-round-2

Summary:

* From 56 forward 50 entries to only score 9 goals was really disappointing and to be 30 points down before 3/4 time was un-Richmond-like.

* We had more possession and had a disposal efficiency of 74% but there's another stat Champion Data gives us called "giveaways" which quantifies error rates. These "giveaways" are turnovers due to poor disposal or poor judgement straight to the opposition or to the advantage side of an opposition player (as opposed to a "takeaway" which is being beaten by an opponent in a 1-on-1 contest). Against Carlton we had 19 'giveaways' whereas against the Bulldogs we had 35 which is by too many.

Examples:

- Ellis kick out of defensive 50 is marked by Honeychurch -> leads to a Bulldogs' goal.

- Batchelor kick across half-back missed the target and bounces sideways between Ellis & Vlastuin -> Boyd intercepts and leads to a Bulldogs' goal.

- Kick out of defence goes to a contest. We had reasonable representation with Petterd, Hunt & Cotchin defensive side but unfortunately Cotch peels off leaving Bontempelli free. The front and square punch goes straight to Bontempelli -> leads to a Bulldogs' goal.

- A kick out of defence to the wing goes to a 3-vs-3 contest. We are outmarked which should never happen with a 3-vs-3 -> leads to another Bulldogs' goal

Not taking away anything from the Bulldogs but these goals are from our own errors we gave away. We're better than that as a side but we need to erradicate these errors.

* Dimma praised Rance's 13 intercepts [showed vision of them]. He is 1st/2nd in the AFL for this.

* In summary, we know what went wrong against the Bulldogs and we will work on this at training so it's right for the Brisbane game.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #265 on: April 15, 2015, 04:50:08 PM »
if you watch this video you will see why Dimma has probably taken us as far as he can
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #266 on: April 15, 2015, 05:19:00 PM »

* From 56 forward 50 entries to only score 9 goals was really disappointing and to be 30 points down before 3/4 time was un-Richmond-like

LOL that's very Richmond like

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #267 on: April 15, 2015, 05:58:05 PM »
Here you go Fluffy:

Yeh but we lost and he kicked no goals, so how does that equate to a win of any kind?
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #268 on: April 15, 2015, 09:09:52 PM »
He was referring to the carlton game
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

No More

« Reply #269 on: April 16, 2015, 07:46:49 AM »
if you watch this video you will see why Dimma has probably taken us as far as he can

Sadly I have to agree   :(