Author Topic: Dimma's dissection (weekly video match review)  (Read 69936 times)

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
Re: Dimma's dissection (weekly video match review)
« Reply #300 on: May 06, 2015, 09:44:56 PM »
Dimmer & Dimmer is coach of the year ....... in hindsight.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #301 on: May 06, 2015, 10:13:39 PM »
There's an old saying that you're not as good as you think you are when things are going well and you're not as bad as you think you are when things aren't going for you.

WTF?

No there's not, you stuffing moron.

It just sounds like the justification and acceptance of mediocrity - which it is.
Caracella and Balmey.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #302 on: May 06, 2015, 10:16:33 PM »
Next weeks stat will be

"I must be better than my opposite number, I used more in my presser".

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #303 on: May 07, 2015, 09:53:06 PM »
Is anyone else concerned that our side is being coached by a stuffwit?
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #304 on: May 14, 2015, 02:59:32 AM »
Dimma's dissection for the North loss:

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2010-05-12/dimmas-dissection-rnd-6?camefrom=EMCL_629826_27202846

--------------------------------------------

Q. Dimma keeps saying it's 'a poor 10 mins or quarter' that costs us. Is it not that we can't go with teams when they lift a gear?

Hardwick:
The 3rd quarter cost us dearly due to our errors. We tried to force kicks. Showed the example of Miles going short to Grigg in a 50/50 contest which resulted in a North goal. Kicks like that are indefensible for our defence. If you turn over the ball in those dangerous positions, it's going to always cost you. Showed another example - Maric kicking a floater out of defensive 50 which is easily read and marked by a North player = another Roos goal. There were a number of goals conceded over the back by our turnovers on offence. Defensively we were okay but our offence killed our defence on the day.

Q. How can we have so many Inside 50s and only score from a low percentage? This is not a new issue, so why hasn't it been fixed to date?

Hardwick:
Yeah you're probably right. North are as good as anyone in this situation. They are a fold back side and do a lot of attacking from their back half. You can see all their numbers in our forward line. What we have to get better at (i) stopping them from marking it and (ii) bringing the ball down to ground level. From a scoring to inside 50 ratio, we are only just below the league average. What we aren't getting the benefit of is that our scoring accuracy isn't great and we aren't getting goals from snaps. We are getting goals from marking situations. Showed vision of the ball going inside 50 and at ground level we lose a 3 vs 3 50/50 situtation. Another example was Houli, not seeing other open targets and kicking to Jack who was outnumbered 3-to-1. Once again, an area we can improve and we will work on over the coming weeks.

Q. Batchelor seems to be improving as a player. What do you put this down to?

Hardwick:
Jake has had a great season so far. We've been impressed as his workrate has improved. He got himself incredibly fit over the summer. He's back to his physical best and he is going for his marks in defence and winning the ball back from the opposition. You notice when he is in his best form, his got his kicking boots back on. He's got a really damaging left foot. He's been playing on some really good opposition players and we've been pleased with his season thus far. Still feel he's got a lot of improvement left in him.

Hardwick:
All in all, a really disappointing loss due to 15 minutes of bad footy. If you don't come with your consistency of performance, you're going to get beaten most times. So we've just got to work on ironing out that inconsistency and get the wins on the board. So we look forward to this week's game against the Pies.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #305 on: May 14, 2015, 07:07:01 AM »
All in all, I don't watch this weekly video, haven't for over 12 months just can't see the point

:blah :blah :blah
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #306 on: May 14, 2015, 01:05:15 PM »
There's an old saying that you're not as good as you think you are when things are going well and you're not as bad as you think you are when things aren't going for you.

WTF?

No there's not, you stuffing moron.

It just sounds like the justification and acceptance of mediocrity - which it is.

Underrate post  :thumbsup
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #307 on: May 14, 2015, 01:17:10 PM »
All in all, I don't watch this weekly video, haven't for over 12 months just can't see the point

Dissection of the bleeding obvious is always a waste of time, he must absolutely loathe putting this thing together, must be the lowlight of his week. The sooner we get a new coach with different methods and ideologies the quicker we will see an end to this clap trap. I get the feel that the playing group is quickly losing faith in the coaching staff generally even though its not something that would be aired publicly, maybe that explains some of the inexplicable errors they are making, the seed at this stage may only be planted in their subconscious but its translating through to their performance on game day.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #308 on: May 14, 2015, 01:35:39 PM »

Dissection of the bleeding obvious is always a waste of time, he must absolutely loathe putting this thing together, must be the lowlight of his week. The sooner we get a new coach with different methods and ideologies the quicker we will see an end to this clap trap. I get the feel that the playing group is quickly losing faith in the coaching staff generally even though its not something that would be aired publicly, maybe that explains some of the inexplicable errors they are making, the seed at this stage may only be planted in their subconscious but its translating through to their performance on game day.

I wish we could explain it off as a lack of faith in the coaching staff however I think it more likely that they play like they are stuffing poo because they are stuffing poo

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #309 on: May 14, 2015, 01:58:10 PM »
stuffing loser this bloke is and all you cop it from him. Lmao.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #310 on: May 14, 2015, 02:17:29 PM »
Wow Hardwick is scrambling. Looks a defeated man. The rot is in and another Tiger coach in a long line looks on the way out.. :(

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Dissecting Dimmer.
« Reply #311 on: May 14, 2015, 02:45:09 PM »
Dissecting Dimmer.

Quotes from weekends presser.

"The inconsistency of performance of some of our players is not good enough. We've got to find players that are prepared to put their hand up and play the Richmond way."

One would argue the point that the players whose performances are in question have indeed gone backwards.
This suggests the problem for the decline is more an inability to communicate an already flawed game plan and leadership culture, both of which Hardwick is responsible for.
Refreshing would be to hear him admit partial blame....and mean it.
----------------------------------------------------
""I'll still back all of my players in. At stages they can play better than what they have today, there's no doubt about that, but we also have to be looking forward to those players who are prepared to play how we want to play, take the game on and play at a standard that's acceptable at AFL level."

Conflicting statements.
Suggest a level of softness at the coaching core.
Unable to Instil professional discipline by basically defending the under performers.
-------------------------------------------
"We've just got to make sure we continue to blood those players and get them into the side."

It's a proven fact, Hardwick is out of touch with the talent at his so called disposal.One has to look no further than Miles, finally being given a game (through the injury of another) and at worst proving he's a starter who was left to languish in the VFL.
Arnot is another strong bodied kid with more to offer the future of the club than Chris Newman.
McBean - well, how long do you need to develop a guy? Another mishandling or perhaps misunderstanding of development, of which there are many.

----------------------------------------------------------------

On the loss itself-
It's a hard one to fathom," he said.

"You look at it, but at the end of the day it comes down a to a 15-minute block in the third quarter.

Sorry, Dimmer. It comes down to so much more.

Instead of ignorantly isolating every bad performance as an individual issue, try looking at common denominators in your losses. The team were never going to win. Your statistical rants only compound the frustration and angst from supporters who, believe it or not, understand the game as well as if not better than you.

-----------------------------------------

"They had nine inside entries for the quarter and they kicked 7.2. Some of them from our horrible turnovers and the game is all of a sudden out of reach. Turnovers. They were horrible turnovers you can't defend."

Those horrible turnovers he speaks of.its about moulding a team...one that has a forward structure. When you DONT have a forward structure, one needs to expect a high percentage of turnovers, Damien.

May I also suggest he learn how to be strategically combative when faced with a match day injury or two. Like any battle, such decisions need to made and implemented in the moment. Another sign of insipid leadership at the coaching helm.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #312 on: May 14, 2015, 06:01:51 PM »
From a scoring to inside 50 ratio, we are only just below the league average

Is there really any comment needed on this statement?????
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #313 on: May 21, 2015, 03:08:51 AM »
A happier Dimma's dissection of the win over the Pies:

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-05-20/dimmas-dissection-rnd-7

----------------------------------------

* Praised our leaders Cotch (his best game of the year with the Brisbane game a close second), Lids and Ivan.

* Happy to finally see some return on the scoreboard as far as kicking straight. We've struggled in our first quarters this year mainly due to inaccurate goalkicking. Freo has kicked 20.11 in first qtrs whereas we have kicked 11.21. The boys have been working on our goalkicking and we'll continue to practice it.

* Pleasing to win on the weekend with 5 first year players in the team. We have to mindful about getting the balance right between getting the wins now and the direction of the where the team is heading in the future. Impressed with Corey's Ellis' footy smarts; happy with McBean's game - should have had two goals; we through Elton into the deep end on Cloke but we like how is developing and as he ticks a number of the athletic boxes we like to see in our defenders; Menadue probably got a game earlier than we would've liked but he had earnt it. He offers a lot athletically and is a good kick.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #314 on: May 21, 2015, 08:17:38 AM »
A happier dimma this week  :lol
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled