Author Topic: Would you take Tambling, Pettifier, Morton or another of our old players back?  (Read 5781 times)

Offline TheUmpire

• Future Richmond star
Dean McDonald

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
I chose Casserley because I thought he was a bit stiff getting delisted in the first place and he showed a fair bit when he went back to WA.  Given the resurgence of interest and success in drafting more mature bodied players I would have liked to give him a second crack at it.  Unfortunately though, that ain't gunna be, not for a year or 2 at least.

Hellenic Tiger

How about a fit Mark Merenda.

Could play adequately in the forward line and in the midfield.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 07:47:39 PM by Tuckerbag »

the claw

I chose Casserley because I thought he was a bit stiff getting delisted in the first place and he showed a fair bit when he went back to WA.  Given the resurgence of interest and success in drafting more mature bodied players I would have liked to give him a second crack at it.  Unfortunately though, that ain't gunna be, not for a year or 2 at least.
agree he was stiff getting delisted injuries cruelled him big time.

not sure about us giving him another go though. while he played okay at swans he never really tore it up.
an example of what i mean take kyle horsley at subi. won best and fairests and also did real well in the sandover. good sized body great consistent performances at the wafl and all the right attributes and hunger to give afl a real crack. hes exactly the type we should target. all he would have cost was a very late nd or psd pick and we have an automatic upgrade on the likes of white nahas jackson webberley etc.

i can think of about 5 players this yr from minor leagues who i would take a punt on with late nd psd or rookie picks all around the 22 24 age mark. i reckon that number will grow before the yrs out.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Chris Hyde was stiff I thought.

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
Hyde was still a dead eye dick from inside 50 even after the horrific Neitz collision. It was his awareness that he lost, which made him a sitting duck, and one of the sadder stories of the modern era of the club imo.

Greg Tivendale played the best footy of his career in his last couple of games, once he announced his retirement the shackles were off and we all saw what a player he could've and should've been, I would have had him for another year after that!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Mark Neeld
Go Tigers!

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Andrew krakouer.

Silky hands. Decent tackle.

Tivvers was shyte.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Stuart Maxfield

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
Aaron Fiora
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Stuart Maxfield
spot on MOL.
Maxfield And Trevor Poole.
And i'd take back a fit Ottens as well
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Tambo for sure to see if we could get some more picks in trade for him.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Matthew Manfield with Stevie Morris hart
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Hellenic Tiger

A combination of Todd Menegola, Gary Frangalas, Justin Plapp and Craig Ednie.