Author Topic: Kamdyn McIntosh [merged]  (Read 193035 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Kamdyn McIntosh [merged]
« Reply #390 on: December 15, 2015, 01:34:38 PM »

I will say this just once from now on in i am just going to say what i think about our players with no reasons why i think what i do. You lot can like it or lump it. Now wheres that thread about that pea heart Vickery.

Thanks for the heads up.

Just an FYI though your reasons never made a lot of sense anyway, so I am not sure if there will be any real noticeable effect
Ah well at least some of us give reasons eh. Unlike some we know lol.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #391 on: December 15, 2015, 02:24:47 PM »
in his first 23 games Cameron Ling (189cm) rack up 236 disposals at an average of just over 10. He improved to be All Australian and have a career disposal average of 21.4

At age 21 Andrew Embley (189cm) rack up 18 games and 186 disposals at an average of 10. He improved to be a Norm Smith medalist and a career disposal average of 18

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #392 on: December 15, 2015, 10:22:39 PM »
in his first 23 games Cameron Ling (189cm) rack up 236 disposals at an average of just over 10. He improved to be All Australian and have a career disposal average of 21.4

At age 21 Andrew Embley (189cm) rack up 18 games and 186 disposals at an average of 10. He improved to be a Norm Smith medalist and a career disposal average of 18
Oh wow Gracie  thats marvelous. If i may can i ask what is the norm.
In his third year Lingy averaged just under 20 a game within a whisker of passable. in his 4th he averaged almost 25 a game which places him almost top echelon. If Kamdyn averages 20 a game i will be happy. I am not ripping into him just stating a fact.

Andrew Embley may have won a norm smith, great game on the day and theres been a few like him. But lets not let logic come into it. overall i would rate his career as average or a smidge above but hey he won a norman.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #393 on: December 16, 2015, 09:44:54 AM »

In his third year Lingy averaged just under 20 a game within a whisker of passable. in his 4th he averaged almost 25 a game which places him almost top echelon. If Kamdyn averages 20 a game i will be happy. I am not ripping into him just stating a fact.

Andrew Embley may have won a norm smith, great game on the day and theres been a few like him. But lets not let logic come into it. overall i would rate his career as average or a smidge above but hey he won a norman.

You are talking about Kamdyn's first 23 games of AFL and since he is in his 4th year at the club and a regular in the top side his average of 15 disposals is not high enough output for you to get excited. You are a tough marker.

Both Ling and Embley recorded average disposal of around 10 at a similar stage of their AFL career to Kamdyn in a similar role. Judd's first 23 games averaged 15.5 disposals. Yes Judd started at 18, but just saying an average of 15 disposals in your first 23 games is a decent return and a good base to launch a long productive AFL career.

Question now is can he go on and forge a career of around 250 games like Ling and Embley?

We will know by the end of next year.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #394 on: December 16, 2015, 10:37:12 AM »
Ling  was a full forward as a junior
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #395 on: December 16, 2015, 01:47:05 PM »

You are talking about Kamdyn's first 23 games of AFL and since he is in his 4th year at the club and a regular in the top side his average of 15 disposals is not high enough output for you to get excited. You are a tough marker.

Both Ling and Embley recorded average disposal of around 10 at a similar stage of their AFL career to Kamdyn in a similar role. Judd's first 23 games averaged 15.5 disposals. Yes Judd started at 18, but just saying an average of 15 disposals in your first 23 games is a decent return and a good base to launch a long productive AFL career.

Question now is can he go on and forge a career of around 250 games like Ling and Embley?

We will know by the end of next year.
In the mind of the great one, the only thing important is how long they have been in the system.

Kamydn has been on our list list 3 years. It is irrelevant that in that time he has played 20 odd VFL games and 20 odd AFL games.
His output should be the same as if he had played ALF since he started and had 60 odd games under his belt..

In his mind, playing AFL, VFL or sitting in the medical room all contribute the same in terms of development
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #396 on: December 16, 2015, 06:20:26 PM »
Overall a little disappointed. There are areas he just has to do better in.
Hasnt stayed involved enough and for a mid is not finding enough ball. Needs to find another notch if he is to become a top player.
Cmon willy back pedalling or just a heap of posters getting heated over nothing.
If the above  does not imply i was upset with a couple of things then i will go heave.
You blokes can read it anyway you like you do regardless.

Personally i cant believe the above post could make so many so precious  it is funny to watch.

Can you seriously not tolerate people having a different opinion than you? It's not people being sooks, precious or heated or whatever you want to label it as. It is simply people disagreeing with you

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #397 on: December 16, 2015, 07:06:05 PM »
ppl knocking K-Mac need to realise that while he's now 21yr he's barely played Footy at all before this year through injury, ppl are actinjg like he's been playing VFL for the previous 2 yrs... he started with a match fitness base of 0 this year!

tony_montana

« Reply #398 on: December 16, 2015, 07:39:34 PM »
When coaches talk about players developing they often mention games played not age. Fact is he's played 20odd games and most players don't come into their own until they've played 40-50 games. Why harp on about his age?

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #399 on: December 17, 2015, 08:11:12 PM »
Gotta luv the mediocre crowd. Nothing but excuses  and then more excuses. So 15 disposals a game playing on the wing is good enough. Good for you lot glad to see you all have such low expectations.

Its farcical that none of you are prepared to make the distinction between a 21 yr old and a 18 yr old. the distinction between a fully developed bloke who has had three years in an elite system to a skinny kid in his very first.If i have it right you lot are telling me there is no distinction to be made.

Anthony Miles played 23 games till the end of last yr. last yr he averaged 24 disposals a game  I suppose his maturity age had nothing to do with that.lol.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #400 on: December 17, 2015, 09:17:33 PM »
Gotta luv the mediocre crowd. Nothing but excuses  and then more excuses. So 15 disposals a game playing on the wing is good enough. Good for you lot glad to see you all have such low expectations.

Its farcical that none of you are prepared to make the distinction between a 21 yr old and a 18 yr old. the distinction between a fully developed bloke who has had three years in an elite system to a skinny kid in his very first.If i have it right you lot are telling me there is no distinction to be made.

Anthony Miles played 23 games till the end of last yr. last yr he averaged 24 disposals a game  I suppose his maturity age had nothing to do with that.lol.

Gotta love the 'keep arguing, keep moving the goalposts until it seems I'm right' crowd too.

And nice choice of comparison to 'prove' your point - 179cm 80kg inside mid vs 192cm 89kg winger.   :wallywink

But since you chose that comparison - taking it past pure disposals in their respective first 23 games, Miles vs McIntosh:

Scores - 6g 5b v 8g 8b
Marks - 84 v 94
Tackles - 97 v 60
I50 - 67 v 58
Clearances - 107 v 25
Rebound 50's - 31 v 47
1% 23 v 32
Bounces - 1 v 16
Goal assists - 5 v 12
Marks I50 - 5 v 8

So a player who plays a completely different role in the team and has exposure to senior football in each of the first 3 years of his development only beats your 'disappointment' player in his strength areas and loses badly to him in his non-strength areas.  But no quarter is given the player who only has 1 year of senior exposure because "he has been in the system for 3 years".

You wonder why people don't take your dribble seriously.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #401 on: December 17, 2015, 09:40:15 PM »
I am surprised by miles' low 1% count.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #402 on: December 17, 2015, 10:35:13 PM »
I am surprised by miles' low 1% count.

I think he was promoted too early and now thinks he doesn't have to do the hard work

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #403 on: December 17, 2015, 10:38:35 PM »
Na he's a good lad

#newCogs
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #404 on: December 17, 2015, 11:05:24 PM »
Midfielders:-  the only players in the game who get the benefit of a 45mtr protected zone! 
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!