Author Topic: Liam McBean [merged]  (Read 168624 times)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Re: Liam McBean [merged]
« Reply #765 on: July 17, 2016, 10:59:38 AM »
Keep him ... hard playing under Hardwick's game plan!

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #766 on: July 17, 2016, 11:03:51 AM »
I am yet to see what some people were raving about McBean.  Think Markov and Castagna have been better than him.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #767 on: July 17, 2016, 11:10:28 AM »
Actually watched him do some very clever subtle things when under a lot of pressure.  Got the ball to our players a lot with deft taps etc.  Didn't do a lot of spectacular marking or stuff but ran all day and is definitely improving for another run.  Keep playing for mine.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #768 on: July 17, 2016, 11:22:50 AM »
LMAO the sense of expectation is getting to some already

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #769 on: July 17, 2016, 11:24:22 AM »
Agree that he needs a decent run on the team at Vickerys expense.

Also agree that so far have seen very little that inspires me .
Unleash the tornado

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #770 on: July 17, 2016, 11:59:02 AM »
The way we enter our attacking 50 certainly doesn't do him any favours. Its not rocket science, lead to space and together with a pin point pass you beat the opposition defence every time. The problem is we seem to have no structure in our 50 and we don't have the players with the skill to execute the pass. No good bombing it in the pockets every time, McBean is definitely not a pack marking beast, he is more dangerous in isolation so he requires space to do his best work. Unfortunately blind freddy can see this but the coaching staff either can't or alternatively the players aren't following instructions.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #771 on: July 17, 2016, 12:10:02 PM »
Be interesting to see where he is at in another 4 weeks.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #772 on: July 17, 2016, 12:57:33 PM »

I'm more patient than most Chuck - but he's been in the system for four years and looks miles away. Vickery and Griffiths were far more advanced at the same stage.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #773 on: July 17, 2016, 12:58:48 PM »
I am yet to see what some people were raving about McBean.  Think Markov and Castagna have been better than him.

the are advantaged not being 202cm

non kpp take less time generally ..

I'm more patient than most Chuck - but he's been in the system for four years and looks miles away. Vickery and Griffiths were far more advanced at the same stage.

as proven by winning the vfl goal kicking award eh
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #774 on: July 17, 2016, 01:05:50 PM »
Actually watched him do some very clever subtle things when under a lot of pressure.  Got the ball to our players a lot with deft taps etc.  Didn't do a lot of spectacular marking or stuff but ran all day and is definitely improving for another run.  Keep playing for mine.

For starters, he at least trying. He's also adjusting to the pace of AFL. He's made a good contribution by working hard up the lines and competing which is something Vickery isn't even fit enough to do despite being on our list for twice the time.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

tony_montana

« Reply #775 on: July 17, 2016, 01:08:25 PM »

For starters, he at least trying. He's also adjusting to the pace of AFL. He's made a good contribution by working hard up the lines and competing which is something Vickery isn't even fit enough to do despite being on our list for twice the time.

yep, I dont think anyone could possibly question his work ethic or smarts vs gimpery, but just saying physically he looks like a raw first or 2nd year player not one thats been in the system for 4 years.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #776 on: July 17, 2016, 04:21:57 PM »
Be interesting to see where he is at in another 4 weeks.

Back in the VFL I reckon  :rollin :rollin

Seriously, they've said he will get 3-4 weks guaranteed, so he has 2 more guwranteed weeks to show / do something
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #777 on: July 17, 2016, 04:53:54 PM »
Keep playing him to up his value then sell,if he plods then grab his hat and coat and stuff him off!
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #778 on: July 17, 2016, 05:15:49 PM »

yep, I dont think anyone could possibly question his work ethic or smarts vs gimpery, but just saying physically he looks like a raw first or 2nd year player not one thats been in the system for 4 years.

he was very tall and skinny when drafted

what were you expecting lebron james?

hence he was a later pick and a 'risk'

hes going ok was never going to b wayne carey b y now
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #779 on: July 17, 2016, 05:25:56 PM »
I'd rather see him run the season out than Vickery returning and restoring all that typifies what Hardwock coaching is about.
Caracella and Balmey.