Author Topic: Liam McBean [merged]  (Read 169084 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Liam McBean [merged]
« Reply #780 on: July 17, 2016, 06:06:32 PM »
I personally think he should be given the next 6 weeks to just go for it.  Give him his head a little and let's see what happens. Getting 3 or 4 weeks can't be great for his confidence or willingness to take a few risks.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #781 on: July 17, 2016, 06:07:37 PM »
I personally think he should be given the next 6 weeks to just go for it.  Give him his head a little and let's see what happens. Getting 3 or 4 weeks can't be great for his confidence or willingness to take a few risks.
Pretty much spot on.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

tony_montana

« Reply #782 on: July 17, 2016, 09:15:26 PM »
Actually watched him do some very clever subtle things when under a lot of pressure.  Got the ball to our players a lot with deft taps etc.  Didn't do a lot of spectacular marking or stuff but ran all day and is definitely improving for another run.  Keep playing for mine.

For starters, he at least trying. He's also adjusting to the pace of AFL. He's made a good contribution by working hard up the lines and competing which is something Vickery isn't even fit enough to do despite being on our list for twice the time.

yep, I dont think anyone could possibly question his work ethic or smarts vs gimpery, but just saying physically he looks like a raw first or 2nd year player not one thats been in the system for 4 years.

he was very tall and skinny when drafted

what were you expecting lebron james?

hence he was a later pick and a 'risk'

hes going ok was never going to b wayne carey b y now

wow what a surprise bents runs in like a mother hen defending her chicks at the slightest hint of criticism. no one said they expect him to be wayne carey by now and no one said they were expecting Lebron James.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #783 on: July 17, 2016, 10:09:49 PM »

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #784 on: July 17, 2016, 10:23:21 PM »
Don't think he's the answer but would keep him for another couple years given we have no kpf stocks after we see the end of vickery at seasons end. And maybe McBean will come good in that time. If not see ya later

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #785 on: July 18, 2016, 12:43:52 PM »
Does he present well for marks?  Too slow, or can't break free of defenders?  I just couldn't tell, he competes well in the mauls but never seems to present much of a lead.  Might watch the games again, he was hard to spot..lol
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #786 on: July 18, 2016, 12:56:58 PM »
Does he present well for marks?  Too slow, or can't break free of defenders?  I just couldn't tell, he competes well in the mauls but never seems to present much of a lead.  Might watch the games again, he was hard to spot..lol

Well we were playing one of the better teams, hopefully we will see more of him when we play some of the weaker teams

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #787 on: July 24, 2016, 08:54:43 PM »
Doesn't provide much defensive pressurre in the forward 50 but works 10 x harder than Vickery elsewhere....no doubt Ty will come back next week after his "decent" match today (i.e. less than shyte)but it really should be for Griffiths or Hamspud(seriously don't give a toss about hit outs at this point) who were both abysmal, not McBean...will be a joke otherwise...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #788 on: July 24, 2016, 10:52:23 PM »
Doesn't provide much defensive pressurre in the forward 50 but works 10 x harder than Vickery elsewhere....no doubt Ty will come back next week after his "decent" match today (i.e. less than shyte)but it really should be for Griffiths or Hamspud(seriously don't give a toss about hit outs at this point) who were both abysmal, not McBean...will be a joke otherwise...
I thought McBean competed pretty well today. Got his hands on the footy but just dropped a few that he will take with more game time and experience IMO.
If he could only convert when he gets his opportunities he wouldn't have to worry about holding his spot in the side.
Keep playing him.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #789 on: July 24, 2016, 11:00:28 PM »
Sorry but won't make it.

I hope he proves me wrong though.....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #790 on: July 24, 2016, 11:03:27 PM »
Too slow, too weak and isn't a dead eye in front of goal.

Sorry but surely there are better options running around local leagues than McBean. Is miles away from it IMO
Go Tigers!

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #791 on: July 24, 2016, 11:06:28 PM »
Sorry but won't make it.

I hope he proves me wrong though.....
No need to be sorry  :cheers

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #792 on: July 25, 2016, 02:26:28 AM »
Already has Tigeritis. This guy is doomed forever to be just another former Richmond FC hack. It's too late for him now with us, we should trade him now if there's any hope for him maybe there's a club that can help him but I think it's probably too late.
Poor bastard.
The club that keeps giving.

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #793 on: July 25, 2016, 04:08:05 AM »
Was a fan of Liam
But will never ever make it
The leap from VFL to AFL is to great for him
Back to Aberfeldie in 2017 I say

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"