Author Topic: The not so weekly 'bottom six' thread.  (Read 5193 times)

tony_montana

Re: The not so weekly 'bottom six' thread.
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2014, 06:46:05 PM »
Comments about petterd are well off the mark, he ain't a shirker, he s as tough as a five dollar steak, it's why he gets a game ea week.....try again  ::)

watch the last 10 mins again bj, you'll see

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2014, 07:29:20 PM »
Comments about petterd are well off the mark, he ain't a shirker, he s as tough as a five dollar steak, it's why he gets a game ea week.....try again  ::)

It's why Melbourne got rid of him. He was just too tough

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2014, 07:33:01 PM »
All hail bruise-free football.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2014, 09:02:00 PM »

Agree.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2014, 09:13:59 PM »

It's why Melbourne got rid of him. He was just too tough
Mark Neeld couldn't coach a pig to be dirty,
Out rivers, Moloney , petterd , Martin
In rodan Pederson, Byrnes Giles
What's that Tellya  :lol
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2014, 10:43:50 PM »
Was a good defensive forward at Melbourne who was known for his tackling but could also find the goals....like so many before him, often saved his best for us....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

the claw

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2014, 11:39:54 PM »
lets see what do we have with petterd? what are his strengths and weaknesses and lets relate them to performance.
as the resident pessimist i will start it of with
slow as a wet wick.
shocking kick.
is supposed to be a good aerialist but only takes one contested mark every two games.
hes supposed to be a tackler but the stats tell us he lays just 2.5 a game.
hes not a huge possesion winner and for a bloke with such lousy foot skills he kicks way more than he handballs  and gets way more u/c possesions than c/p
hes a liability in defense to slow poor disposal panics under pressure.
cant play in the midfield  wouldnt find a ball in a footy factory or have the awareness to not be panicked.few clearances and who would want him delivering the ball inside 50.
poor forward record few i/50 mks and kicks less than 1 goal a game slow and lays few defensive tackles.

if you watch him play you see mediocre.  ffs hes a battler 8 WHOLE YRS TELL US THIS. the stats back this up. his performances do to,  over 8 yrs they are in a word poor.

Hes a limited player with many  deficiencies he doesnt bring one outstanding attribute to the table.someone anyone please point out one single outstanding attribute that could potentially off set all of his deficiencies.
theres all this but by heck lets play him he has a go. what the hell is wrong with our supporters. it seems mediocrity has been ingrained into us.

if a premiership is the ultimte goal and we supposedly have a lot of the foundation blocks in place we should not even be looking at such deficient players like petterd and a fair few other favorites.

in defense id rather we played and put the time into the likes of vlastuin, ellis mcintosh and dea as there is some scope of improvement and hope we will find a decent player.
in the midfield you could just about play the entire list in front of him.
as a forward id take a edwards anyday and id certainly be looking at the likes of ohanlon knights gordon lloyd instead.
what the hell are we doing its like going back to the bad old wallace days.
i sometimes have to ask myself are they even assessing players strengths and weaknesses. have they become like regimes before so obseesed with the now and finals that they cant see thay are missing the boat long term.
ive said this a fair few times on here but it is relevant. it seems the more things change the more they stay the same in some things.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2014, 12:41:40 AM »
I crossed the white line at senior level]

No you didn't ::)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2014, 12:45:36 AM »
Yeah I did. I carried the water to O'Hanlon back when he was dominating against you.

Why are you up?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2014, 02:12:46 PM »
Yeah I did. I carried the water to O'Hanlon back when he was dominating against you.

Why are you up?

Who's O'Hanlon?

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2014, 03:00:37 PM »
lets see what do we have with petterd? what are his strengths and weaknesses and lets relate them to performance.
as the resident pessimist i will start it of with
slow as a wet wick.
shocking kick.
is supposed to be a good aerialist but only takes one contested mark every two games.
hes supposed to be a tackler but the stats tell us he lays just 2.5 a game.
hes not a huge possesion winner and for a bloke with such lousy foot skills he kicks way more than he handballs  and gets way more u/c possesions than c/p
hes a liability in defense to slow poor disposal panics under pressure.
cant play in the midfield  wouldnt find a ball in a footy factory or have the awareness to not be panicked.few clearances and who would want him delivering the ball inside 50.
poor forward record few i/50 mks and kicks less than 1 goal a game slow and lays few defensive tackles.

if you watch him play you see mediocre.  ffs hes a battler 8 WHOLE YRS TELL US THIS. the stats back this up. his performances do to,  over 8 yrs they are in a word poor.

Hes a limited player with many  deficiencies he doesnt bring one outstanding attribute to the table.someone anyone please point out one single outstanding attribute that could potentially off set all of his deficiencies.
theres all this but by heck lets play him he has a go. what the hell is wrong with our supporters. it seems mediocrity has been ingrained into us.

if a premiership is the ultimte goal and we supposedly have a lot of the foundation blocks in place we should not even be looking at such deficient players like petterd and a fair few other favorites.

in defense id rather we played and put the time into the likes of vlastuin, ellis mcintosh and dea as there is some scope of improvement and hope we will find a decent player.
in the midfield you could just about play the entire list in front of him.
as a forward id take a edwards anyday and id certainly be looking at the likes of ohanlon knights gordon lloyd instead.
what the hell are we doing its like going back to the bad old wallace days.
i sometimes have to ask myself are they even assessing players strengths and weaknesses. have they become like regimes before so obseesed with the now and finals that they cant see thay are missing the boat long term.
ive said this a fair few times on here but it is relevant. it seems the more things change the more they stay the same in some things.

100% correct!

Add Grigg too.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2014, 04:08:00 PM »

Why are you up?

Who's O'Hanlon?

Some kid who kicked 13 on you in the SFL when he was 17 :clapping

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2014, 02:00:47 PM »

Why are you up?

Who's O'Hanlon?

Some kid who kicked 13 on you in the SFL when he was 17 :clapping

To bad he didn't play in the SFL  :clapping

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2014, 02:06:42 PM »
You said you didn't know who he was. :clapping

Will I see you at golf tomorrow?

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2014, 02:58:24 PM »
 :lol