Author Topic: The not so weekly 'bottom six' thread.  (Read 5177 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: The not so weekly 'bottom six' thread.
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2014, 07:00:02 PM »
lets see what do we have with petterd? what are his strengths and weaknesses and lets relate them to performance.
as the resident pessimist i will start it of with
slow as a wet wick.
shocking kick.
is supposed to be a good aerialist but only takes one contested mark every two games.
hes supposed to be a tackler but the stats tell us he lays just 2.5 a game.
hes not a huge possesion winner and for a bloke with such lousy foot skills he kicks way more than he handballs  and gets way more u/c possesions than c/p
hes a liability in defense to slow poor disposal panics under pressure.
cant play in the midfield  wouldnt find a ball in a footy factory or have the awareness to not be panicked.few clearances and who would want him delivering the ball inside 50.
poor forward record few i/50 mks and kicks less than 1 goal a game slow and lays few defensive tackles.

if you watch him play you see mediocre.  ffs hes a battler 8 WHOLE YRS TELL US THIS. the stats back this up. his performances do to,  over 8 yrs they are in a word poor.

Hes a limited player with many  deficiencies he doesnt bring one outstanding attribute to the table.someone anyone please point out one single outstanding attribute that could potentially off set all of his deficiencies.
theres all this but by heck lets play him he has a go. what the hell is wrong with our supporters. it seems mediocrity has been ingrained into us.

if a premiership is the ultimte goal and we supposedly have a lot of the foundation blocks in place we should not even be looking at such deficient players like petterd and a fair few other favorites.

in defense id rather we played and put the time into the likes of vlastuin, ellis mcintosh and dea as there is some scope of improvement and hope we will find a decent player.
in the midfield you could just about play the entire list in front of him.
as a forward id take a edwards anyday and id certainly be looking at the likes of ohanlon knights gordon lloyd instead.
what the hell are we doing its like going back to the bad old wallace days.
i sometimes have to ask myself are they even assessing players strengths and weaknesses. have they become like regimes before so obseesed with the now and finals that they cant see thay are missing the boat long term.
ive said this a fair few times on here but it is relevant. it seems the more things change the more they stay the same in some things.

Or in a few words he is poo

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2014, 11:42:17 AM »
Ok even though we won I think there are a few candidates for this week

Lids Had a blinder 1st quarter and then disappeared when tagged by a nuffer
King Does the 1% and tackles but we are crying out for a forward that has more impact and kicks multiple goals consistently
Chaplain Not up to his usual average standard
Morris Not one of his better games

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2014, 11:45:27 AM »
King - shouldn't have played.
Chaplin - no idea what he was trying to do out there. Looks like he's 40yo the way he moved.

Bit of a gap...

Grimes - forgot he was playing
Lids - hope they found him after the game
Grigg - ditto
Morris - get him to play Toovey role from Collingwood. Stick to those little pricks like glue and if you end up with 1 kick WGAF

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2014, 11:47:15 AM »
I'm begginig to think Coach is right about Chaplain, which is concerning on many fronts.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2014, 11:48:35 AM »
Lids had an achilles  injury and was forced to go forward. This is why he went missing as the game went on. Could miss next week.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2014, 01:40:47 PM »
I'm begginig to think Coach is right about Chaplain, which is concerning on many fronts.

The best dressed double fisting gardener was at his finest last night. Double fisting the footy over the boundary line when he could have taken an uncontested mark. A great look, would have made Ryan Lonie proud. Still yet to see this bloke play on a gun and beat him.
Don't worry guys, these are just his bad games. He will play some better ones and you will lap it up. I saw it for years at another club before they realised he was never going to be a consistent player.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2014, 01:58:51 PM »
Double fisting the footy over the boundary line when he could have taken an uncontested mark
I dont think i could put into words how much i hate seeing this!

If you can get two hand to the ball, MARK THE stuffing THING!
If your intend to punch, then go one handed so you have more reach.

Basic stuffing football!
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2014, 04:52:06 PM »
Grigg, Houli, Newman, Edwards, Conca, Deledio. Hampspud's late marks & first half ruck work just keeps him out. Petterd was also a genuine candidate until the last quarter. After watching the match a second time on television Morris gets off the hook, though Chaplin was a late bolter.

King's was nowhere near the worst, at least he had a bit of presence. If we could transplant it into certain blokes who are literally twice his size they'd be unstoppable. People need to understand that King's qualities aren't always tangible.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2014, 05:03:15 PM »
on the radio  they were giving petterd votes , maybe if you watched the game rather than spend 4q at the bar you might see it differently,  ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2014, 05:08:14 PM »
on the radio  they were giving petterd votes , maybe if you watched the game rather than spend 4q at the bar you might see it differently,  ::)

Well good for "the radio"....maybe if you weren't a senile old fool who constantly talks out of his "clacker", I'd give a poo.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

tony_montana

« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2014, 05:09:18 PM »
Im Pettards biggest critic - he played a decent game last night, and importantly rose to the occasion for a change.

Chaplin, Houli, Newman Foley stood out for mine - Grigg, Conca Hampson not far off

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2014, 05:12:07 PM »
People only remember last quarters, I've now seen the game twice now, live and on television - he was arse for the first three...and I usually stick up for him.

- Thomas Sowell

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2014, 05:15:15 PM »
Conca
Morris
Newman
Lids for being as weak as pee and getting tagged out AGAIN
Foley
Hardwick
Caracella and Balmey.

tony_montana

« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2014, 05:18:10 PM »
People only remember last quarters, I've now seen the game twice now, live and on television - he was arse for the first three...and I usually stick up for him.

agree to disagree on this one, I pay special attention to my whipping boy ;) btw I agreed with your analysis almost word for word in the other thread, we both said almost identical things about several players.  :thumbsup

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2014, 05:29:52 PM »
No worries Pacino, fair enough, cheers.

Lids for being as weak as pee and getting tagged out AGAIN

By Andreis Everitt...ANDREIS stuffING EVERITT A HACK THIRD stuffING TALL....does no-one else find that extraordinary? Like being tagged out by .....I dunno.....Jack Anthony......?!?!  Are Sydney going to send Roberts-Thompson to him when we play them now? FFS.

- Thomas Sowell