Author Topic: Jayden Short [merged]  (Read 171458 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Jayden Short [merged]
« Reply #300 on: June 18, 2018, 07:13:40 PM »
According to Ralph Malph on AFL Tonight, is holding off on re-signing...not happy with our current offer....same goes for Callum Moore.... :shh

I rate Moore but getting a bit ahead of himself if true....however it would be a real a shame if we let Short leave.... dual sided players with pace and good decision making don't exactly grow on trees..... :shh :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #301 on: June 18, 2018, 07:24:48 PM »
Where do we rate him in our 22 and how much is he worth?
I put him around 11 so would have to be on @ 390?
Thoughts

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #302 on: June 18, 2018, 07:28:00 PM »
According to Ralph Malph on AFL Tonight, is holding off on re-signing...not happy with our current offer....same goes for Callum Moore.... :shh

I rate Moore but getting a bit ahead of himself if true....however it would be a real a shame if we let Short leave.... dual sided players with pace and good decision making don't exactly grow on trees..... :shh :shh

Unless Short says it himself would not pay too much weigh to what is being attributed to the delay in him resigning.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #303 on: June 18, 2018, 08:40:14 PM »
He is essential in our back 6 for me and the fact he can kick laser beams on both sides he is more important to the team than Houli in my opinion.

Not sure where I would rank him considering he's not comparable to the midfield or flea amigos etc but he is starting 18 for me.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #304 on: June 18, 2018, 08:51:08 PM »
Shorty is an important player for us, no doubt about it.

The issue for him resigning is going to be though, that he will be worth a lot more to another club than what we can pay him.

I could see a club like GC making a big play for him.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #305 on: June 18, 2018, 09:07:19 PM »
Loves the Club...will sign :shh

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #306 on: June 18, 2018, 09:08:19 PM »
He is a must keep 100%
Pay the kid what is deserves and sacrifice a Conca, Ellis type or simply retire Grigg.

Surely they can see this kid is a 10 year player.

Moore on the other hand...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jayden Short pressing claims for beefed-up contract offer (H-Sun)
« Reply #307 on: June 18, 2018, 11:53:43 PM »

The Tiger who won’t be short changed

Money matters: RICHMOND’S salary cap squeeze to find room to accommodate Tom Lynch means the club still has around half its list out of contract. But after a below-par offer one Tiger is backing himself in.

[Paywall:] https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/jayden-short-pressing-claims-for-beefedup-contract-offer-as-tigers-continue-hunt-for-tom-lynch/news-story/5d19a1474756351d26a7fa6d853fb216
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:13:21 AM by one-eyed »

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #308 on: June 19, 2018, 12:13:53 AM »
Sacrifice Bellis :lol :lol :lol

NFI some of these blokes. We can quite easily fit Short in on a contract he deserves
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #309 on: June 19, 2018, 06:56:49 AM »
He is a must keep 100%
Pay the kid what is deserves and sacrifice a Conca, Ellis type or simply retire Grigg.

Surely they can see this kid is a 10 year player.

Moore on the other hand...

This sort of situation highlights why there are some very tough calls to be made on couple of "older" blokes eg Houli & Grigg and some younger guys on the fringe

IMV if it comes down to Short over Grigg; then it's Short easily ... more upside long term

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #310 on: June 19, 2018, 10:46:28 AM »
For sure

I thought big Grigga made a step in the right direction on Sunday though. If he can stay in decent touch, surely it's worth keeping him on a well reduced contract if he's keen to go around again? But yeah, if it came down to Grigg v Short in terms of who we can fit in then it's Shorty all the way.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #311 on: June 19, 2018, 12:49:27 PM »
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #312 on: June 19, 2018, 01:18:09 PM »
What $ would grigg be on?

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #313 on: June 19, 2018, 02:08:06 PM »
What $ would grigg be on?
Much more than Short.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #314 on: June 19, 2018, 04:19:54 PM »
Lyon’s advice to Tigers’ Short and Bolton

By SEN
19 June 2018

Former Melbourne captain Garry Lyon believes Jayden Short should stay at Richmond, despite rejecting a contract offer.

The Herald Sun has reported Short has held off contract negotiations in a ploy to prove he deserves more money.

However, Lyon believes the 22-year-old defender should pledge his commitment to the reigning premiers.

“Stay and build and work your way into what might be a dynasty,” he told SEN Breakfast.

“It’s easy to say because we aren’t in that position, but I’d be inclined to stay.

“If I’m in the senior team and they’re playing the footy they’re playing and the prospects ahead are what we think they are, I’m staying.”

The story is different for Shai Bolton, though, who has placed contract talks on hold until the end of the season.

“Shai Bolton, on the other hand, is a player we have all seen enough of to suggest he would be playing in most teams,” Lyon said.

The Melbourne team of the century member is of the notion the speculation surrounding multiple Tigers is a by-product of success.

“With a side that is performing so beautifully, with some of the biggest names in football, we know they have to pay the franchise bucks for Dustin Martin,” Lyon said.

“You would think there is going to be a squeeze.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/06/18/lyon's-advice-to-tigers'-short-and-bolton/