Author Topic: Jayden Short [merged]  (Read 171355 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jayden Short [merged]
« Reply #495 on: September 17, 2020, 06:41:15 PM »
Of the top 10 players in the AFL averaging most kicks, Jayden has the best kicking efficiency. 13.8 kicks per game at 84.2%.

He's also still in the top 3 for metres gained averaging 465m.

https://issuu.com/lifestyle1-media/docs/afl_record_-_round_18__2020/1?ff

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #496 on: September 17, 2020, 10:54:36 PM »
Not bad for a dud haha

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #497 on: September 18, 2020, 08:40:37 AM »
Not bad for a dud haha

Who cant kick :lol

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #498 on: September 18, 2020, 10:57:54 AM »
The truly laughable thing is how many people only read stats and clearly don't watch yet still don't understand how those stats they cite work anyway... :lol :shh
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 11:32:06 AM by Diocletian »
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #499 on: September 18, 2020, 05:04:55 PM »
Long kicks = efficient disposals according to champion data. Kick ins are disposals these days. Metres gained...half are from his kick ins.

So there's his bulked up disposal efficiency stat, total kicks & metres gained explained :)

Yes, he has played some reasonable football at times but let's not overrate the guy. Would jump out of the way if Brave Brando was storming towards him let me tell you....:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #500 on: September 18, 2020, 07:10:09 PM »
Gets the kick in duty due to being an elite kick and fast thinker. He is an enormous weapon who would walk into every other team me thinks. Agree he is not the toughest at the man but has improved in this area. Some ex senior coach has called him the most underrated player in the comp :shh

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #501 on: September 18, 2020, 07:12:31 PM »
Gets the kick in duty due to being an elite kick and fast thinker. He is an enormous weapon who would walk into every other team me thinks. Agree he is not the toughest at the man but has improved in this area. Some ex senior coach has called him the most underrated player in the comp :shh

I agree. He’s become a very good player
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #502 on: September 18, 2020, 09:03:05 PM »
Just like night follows day, you can bank on dio and AT taking a shot at short whenever something positive is posted....

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #503 on: September 19, 2020, 02:59:49 AM »
Short for mine is used like a goalkeeper's kicking in Soccer. It's not just about hoofing the ball from deep defence but about distributing the ball as precisely as possible.

I think tactically we also like having long kickers out of our backline such as Short and Balta. They can kick beyond the offensive press if the opposition pushes up and we can get goals over the back.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #504 on: September 19, 2020, 07:42:11 AM »
Short for mine is used like a goalkeeper's kicking in Soccer. It's not just about hoofing the ball from deep defence but about distributing the ball as precisely as possible.

I think tactically we also like having long kickers out of our backline such as Short and Balta. They can kick beyond the offensive press if the opposition pushes up and we can get goals over the back.

X2.

Broad is hard at the man. Don't see the critics leaving snail trails over him.

Finding the perfect player is difficult, hard at the man and ball, sublime skills both sides, great footy brain etc.

Even our best players are not that complete. Cotch hard at the ball and man, poor disposal. Dusty hard at the ball, less the man, disposal can go either way. Lynch hard at the ball and man, shanks easy ones.

Honestly the only good players we have that tick all the boxes are probably Grimes and Vlastuin.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #505 on: September 19, 2020, 09:19:02 AM »
Shorty is a very valuable player in our side. He is an elite kick on both sides and runs and rebounds well from our defence.
He is the perfect HBF in today game IMO, especially with team defence and not too many one on one contests.
I truely cannot see where the criticism comes from.

Anyway, we all see it differently.... and a perfect example of this is, I would play Markov over Houli across halfback in this shortened form of the game, even more so with Dave Astbury in the side.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #506 on: September 19, 2020, 09:47:17 PM »
Another damaging game from Jayden off half-back. Our third highest disposal getter as well.

20 disposals (17k, 3h, 5c, 15u, 80% eff.)
7 marks
1 tackle
6 intercepts
2 inside 50s
4 score involvements
491m gained

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #507 on: September 19, 2020, 10:31:18 PM »
Excellent again
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #508 on: October 03, 2020, 03:39:52 AM »
Jayden Short

Used the ball very well for the most part, which meant a lot given he went by foot for the most part. Got a heap of the footy.

Rating: 7

Source: Foxsports

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #509 on: October 10, 2020, 05:08:30 AM »
Jayden Short

The dasher did what he does best, running off from his opponents and pumping the ball long down the ground.

Rating: 6

Source: Foxsports