Author Topic: Jayden Short [merged]  (Read 171395 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jayden Short [merged]
« Reply #570 on: January 26, 2022, 09:28:01 AM »
Shorty needs to get back to his 2020 footy or it’s curtains. His attributes aren’t nearly as effective when he’s coasting through his game which is how it appeared in 2021. Maybe he was injured.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #571 on: January 27, 2022, 06:52:33 AM »
FMD i prefer Brandon Ellis to this bloke now thats saying something.

It really peees me off when you have dumb arse tiger supporters lapping up every single thing the club puts out and come to the conclusion that this sheep dog is crucial to us. Just like Ellis was crucial to us i suppose.

So winning a B&F in a Premiership year is not good enough in your eyes? Really poor post Claw. The same "numb arse" supporters would say the same about your posts- they are dumb arse!
Why can't you be positive about our players?
Machine, I enjoy Claws posts, don’t always agree but that is a forum based discussion for you.

You could have made your point without the vitriol….’just saying, s’all’

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #572 on: January 27, 2022, 08:01:10 AM »

It really peees me off when you have dumb arse tiger supporters lapping up every single thing the club puts out and come to the conclusion that this sheep dog is crucial to us. Just like Ellis was crucial to us i suppose.

So winning a B&F in a Premiership year is not good enough in your eyes? Really poor post Claw. The same "numb arse" supporters would say the same about your posts- they are dumb arse!
Machine, I enjoy Claws posts, don’t always agree but that is a forum based discussion for you.

I think it's the constant negative language he uses about supporters and the players in his posts that upsets people. Using "dumb arse" and "sheep dog" insults in one sentence  is a typical example. Having a view is fine but that stuff in not necessary. We know he can be positive , just read his review of the round one Carlton team. Would be nice if he could for once be a positive  about Tigers and us "dumb arse" supporters.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #573 on: January 27, 2022, 06:45:33 PM »

Fair call, maybe everyone should modify negative derogative comments👍🏿👍🏿

I think it's the constant negative language he uses about supporters and the players in his posts that upsets people. Using "dumb arse" and "sheep dog" insults in one sentence  is a typical example. Having a view is fine but that stuff in not necessary. We know he can be positive , just read his review of the round one Carlton team. Would be nice if he could for once be a positive  about Tigers and us "dumb arse" supporters.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #574 on: January 28, 2022, 06:48:20 PM »

So he won a b&f in 2020 that actually equated to just 3 brownlow votes even the idiot umps saw him for what he is.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #575 on: January 28, 2022, 06:57:25 PM »

So he won a b&f in 2020 that actually equated to just 3 brownlow votes even the idiot umps saw him for what he is.
Pot, Kettle, Black. 😁

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #576 on: January 28, 2022, 08:26:50 PM »

Sorry Claw you're out of touch with this one :shh

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #577 on: January 28, 2022, 08:51:18 PM »

Do you rate Grimes?

He's won a B&F and doesn't get Brownlow votes

So I'd suggest your flimsy argument doesn't exactly hold

Unless of course you only apply it to players you don't like
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #578 on: January 29, 2022, 01:27:09 AM »

Do you rate Grimes?

Truth WP

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #579 on: January 29, 2022, 02:26:18 PM »

Do you rate Grimes?

Players i dont like you bet ya i cant stand totally soft totally outside blokes whose skills are over rated.Everyone knows i disliked Ellis as a player enormously and the same applies to Short. They are exactly alike.

I find the oh he won a b&f or he came top 5 or whatever a flimsy argument in itself. So why not apply a flimsy reply to it.
But hey of course you wouln't see it for that.

For the record as you well know Grimes is a totally different player to Short and players like him never poll well.
 Yet blokes who get a whole pile of ball and run and supposedly bounce and supposedly use it well  should at least get some, yet Short has polled just 4 in his career.

Th obvious truth is Grimes unlike Short is critical and is almost irreplaceable. To say Short is not critical and can be replaced easily is what this is all about and it seems it gets up peoples noses.

Short like Ellis and even Houli are afforded roles that an awful lot can turn their hand to.
We will struggle to replace in fact cant really replace players like Martin, Cotchin, Prestia, Riewoldt Lynch Grimes Nankervis Vlastuin
But Short!!! well we found a better player who was much maligned in just 5 games last year in Rioli.

Most don't like to talk about the poor disposal, the soft efforts the lack of tackling the lack of hard ball even the lack of line breaking that many talk him up about. The lack of  one percenters and on it goes. But hey his mates get it out to him an awful lot and that makes him a gun lol.

No i don't like him i cannot abide squibs.  IMO he is very much replaceable a B&F or not and nothing will change that.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #580 on: January 29, 2022, 07:56:32 PM »

Do you rate Grimes?

Players i dont like you bet ya i cant stand totally soft totally outside blokes whose skills are over rated.Everyone knows i disliked Ellis as a player enormously and the same applies to Short. They are exactly alike.

I find the oh he won a b&f or he came top 5 or whatever a flimsy argument in itself. So why not apply a flimsy reply to it.
But hey of course you wouln't see it for that.

For the record as you well know Grimes is a totally different player to Short and players like him never poll well.
 Yet blokes who get a whole pile of ball and run and supposedly bounce and supposedly use it well  should at least get some, yet Short has polled just 4 in his career.

Th obvious truth is Grimes unlike Short is critical and is almost irreplaceable. To say Short is not critical and can be replaced easily is what this is all about and it seems it gets up peoples noses.

Short like Ellis and even Houli are afforded roles that an awful lot can turn their hand to.
We will struggle to replace in fact cant really replace players like Martin, Cotchin, Prestia, Riewoldt Lynch Grimes Nankervis Vlastuin
But Short!!! well we found a better player who was much maligned in just 5 games last year in Rioli.

Most don't like to talk about the poor disposal, the soft efforts the lack of tackling the lack of hard ball even the lack of line breaking that many talk him up about. The lack of  one percenters and on it goes. But hey his mates get it out to him an awful lot and that makes him a gun lol.

No i don't like him i cannot abide squibs.  IMO he is very much replaceable a B&F or not and nothing will change that.

This is comedy gold. Claw you have your own personal opinion but in this instance you're delusional. Short in 2020 was rated inside the top 30 players in the comp- take a moment to think about that. Our full time professional coaching group rated him the best in a Premiership year- coaches who have been regarded the best in the business and the ones who have given us 3 Cups in the last 4 years. Move past your personal hate for Short and stop the nonsense posts and it is making you look petulant.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #581 on: January 30, 2022, 01:36:45 PM »
Claw seems to dislike many of our players.

He also seems to dislike "dumb arse" tigers supporters. 

Does he derive any joy from this club, or does he just get off on having strong opinions? ...

Is he even an RFC fan to begin with?....

:huh3

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #582 on: January 30, 2022, 02:41:52 PM »
Claw seems to dislike many of our players.

He also seems to dislike "dumb arse" tigers supporters. 

Does he derive any joy from this club, or does he just get off on having strong opinions? ...

Is he even an RFC fan to begin with?....

Not just Claw methinks.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #583 on: January 30, 2022, 02:59:23 PM »
Interesting conversation, it used to upset me that we bag our own but I try to just let it go now as it’s usually driven by anxiety .
All types of players make a great team, they can’t all be inside mids, balance is the key.
i don’t think anyone who plays at AFL level is a coward though, and if your a bit shorter you are told to keep out of packs but go hard when it’s your turn, which doesn’t mean you have to be a David Bourke 😁
Everyone’s entitled to an opinion , we may agree with them sometimes

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #584 on: January 30, 2022, 05:03:50 PM »
Well said Camboon.

Other thing to remember is that although you want blokes to give a contest you don't want them to get knocked out and we end up playing a man down.

Although some blokes go in and under less than others I generally think most of them, even the proverbial 'squibs', go in hard when they know it really matters. And that includes both Short and B Ellis, the latter of which I was particularly critical of. I can remember both putting their bodies on the line when it was the business end of the season.