Author Topic: Jayden Short [merged]  (Read 171448 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Jayden Short [merged]
« Reply #600 on: March 18, 2022, 03:01:51 PM »
I know this will upset many  ;D

But on page 94 of the Jon Ralph says Jayden Short "is closing in on a long term contract extension"

Report also says he talking exclusively to Richmond and has pledged his future to the Club and will take less to stay so the Club can keep the list together  :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #601 on: March 18, 2022, 03:19:29 PM »
Was good last night I thought.

He turns it over a bit but so does every player. Still one of our best kicks.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #602 on: March 18, 2022, 04:28:11 PM »
Gun Tiger awaiting contract counteroffer

Mitch Keating
zerohanger.com
March 18, 2022

Contract negotiations between Richmond and star defender Jayden Short are underway, with the latter now believed to be awaiting a response from the Tigers after lodging a long-term proposal to the club.

Short has been a mainstay in Richmond's rearguard across the past several seasons, having won a best and fairest in the Tigers' most recent premiership campaign.

Seen as one of the more valued free agents in the AFL this year, the Tigers have looked to lock away the 26-year-old and are now mulling over a "really fair proposal" from Short's management.

According to The Herald Sun, Short has pledged his services to Punt Road in having only spoken on his future with the Tigers.

His manager Anthony McConville has revealed he and his client are awaiting a counteroffer from Richmond as all parties look to secure their long-term planning.

“We have given Richmond a really fair proposal. We are not too far apart. At the end of the day Jayden wants to stay but it’s also about getting the right deal that is appropriate for a best-and-fairest player and potential All Australian. We think we have been more than reasonable,” McConville told News Corp.

“We think a deal should get done based on what has been proposed but at the end of the day the ball is in Richmond’s court.”

Short joins a lengthy list of Tigers off-contract this season, with veteran quartet Jack Riewoldt, Trent Cotchin, Shane Edwards and Kane Lambert eligible for free agency.

Having been previously delisted, trio Ben Miller, Matthew Parker and Bigoa Nyuon are also able to assess their rights as a free agent.

Short recorded 21 disposals and over 600 metres gained in Thursday's 25-point loss to Carlton, with the Tigers to look for their first win of the season next Sunday against the Giants.

https://www.zerohanger.com/gun-tiger-awaiting-contract-counteroffer-115449/

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #603 on: March 18, 2022, 04:54:13 PM »
Lol nothing changed a typical Short game. I think you blokes are too heavily involved in super coach or whatever they call it now. you only see the numbers you dont see the the how or why or impact. You clearly place too much importance on metres gained stat and lol the most spurious of all stats K/E.

Hmm lets see 26 kicks he kicks em all just 30 metres fwd  theres 780 metres and every single one of them could go to a one on one to be labelled effective.

Next thing people will tell me Ross had a great game lol.

To start with, you need talent to make an AFL list, and you need talent to have a career. Short has won multiple Premierships, and won a B&F in a Grand Final year. Lastly, you do need some talent to get the ball 30+ times per game. Do you understand what it take to be an elite sporting professional? If not, ask Short as he has nailed it!!

Sorry mate but I’m not sure that’s true. After watching the spud Hampson wear our jumper and an American play in a preliminary final against us that we can actually seriously say this.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #604 on: March 18, 2022, 04:57:45 PM »
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #605 on: March 18, 2022, 05:13:01 PM »
Thoughtb his game was pretty average again. i suppose people are going to hang their hats on the metres gained column again.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #606 on: March 18, 2022, 05:17:43 PM »
Thoughtb his game was pretty average again. i suppose people are going to hang their hats on the metres gained column again.

Im basing my assessment on watching the game live at the ground. Nothing to do with stats. What about you?

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #607 on: March 18, 2022, 05:27:13 PM »

Im basing my assessment on watching the game live at the ground. Nothing to do with stats. What about you?

Lol good for you being able to get to the game. I watched it on telly twice and my assesment remains. Hes a very average player who is massively overated by tiger fans.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #608 on: March 18, 2022, 09:44:44 PM »

Lol good for you being able to get to the game. I watched it on telly twice and my assesment remains. Hes a very average player who is massively overated by tiger fans.

By that you also mean the coaching group?

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #609 on: March 18, 2022, 10:17:58 PM »

the same coaching group that picks Aarts every week?
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #610 on: March 18, 2022, 10:39:34 PM »
I have to laugh when hear the same old campaign based on personal opinion on Short. Best small back we have at this point in time imo.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #611 on: March 18, 2022, 10:50:59 PM »
I would say any criticism of Short in years 18-20 are laughable to the point where jocks need changing.
Either side of that, it’s valid.
What got him to 2020 won’t get him past 2022 if he doesn’t pull up his socks and fast.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #612 on: March 19, 2022, 03:07:26 AM »
What I don’t understand is out of all the players in the 22, short is the one people will take shots at. Even if you didn’t rate his game (I personally thought he was good) there were atleast 15 players worse than him and yet this is the thread I see the comments on.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #613 on: March 20, 2022, 01:00:19 PM »

the same coaching group that picks Aarts every week?
And Castagna played Rioli until they had no option but drop him. On rioli gave him Stacks position and stacky now struggles play him in front of Mansell as well and on it goes. The same mob who insist Ross can play wing lol for that matter Caddy as well.

The same mob who it seems do not think we have problems with clearances and contested ball.

Simple truth is during our successful period they have got most things right but they sure as hell have made some mistakes along the way as well.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #614 on: March 21, 2022, 05:50:56 PM »
His game was full of the usual soft unaccountable crap he serves up more often than not (seriously do any of you really not notice how often he loses his opponent in the lead up to an oppo goal that said opponent is instrumental in? I'd love to see a  map of avenues to goal by our opposition and how many of those avenues just so happen to pass through his area... :shh)....and of course that "elite" kicking to nobody in particular...having said all that I'd like to see him played forward of the ball again as he was early in his career...for all his flaws he'd still be a massive upgrade on Aarts... :shh
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 11:10:52 PM by Diocletian »
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.