Author Topic: Jayden Short [merged]  (Read 171440 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jayden Short [merged]
« Reply #660 on: May 05, 2022, 07:31:21 PM »
Tigers’ burning question: Is Jayden Short the new Rory Laird?

Leigh Montagna compared the two on Fox Footy’s First Crack on Sunday night and the resemblances are uncanny. Laird was a best-and-fairest winner in defence before being thrown into the middle and winning another best-and-fairest award in the new role. Jayden Short started in the centre against West Coast last week and was arguably just as impressive as Laird was when he first made the move. The Tigers are desperate for more midfield power even with Dustin Martin coming back into the side and Short offers great pace and a devastating kick to set up his forwards, as he did on multiple occasions on the weekend. Collingwood surely won’t let him run free as much as the Eagles did, but Short is showing plenty.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-tipping-round-8-2022-the-blowtorch-preview-every-clubs-burning-question-fixture-tips-predictions-commentators-tv-times/news-story/1fa9021a93258479fdddd6acc065e7da

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #661 on: May 06, 2022, 09:24:14 AM »
5 YEAR CONTRACT EXTENSION!

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #662 on: May 06, 2022, 10:20:21 AM »
Great news

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Jayden Short 5 Year Contract Extension
« Reply #663 on: May 06, 2022, 10:51:38 AM »
As per lamington Shorty has signed a 5 year contract extension
==≈=========

Short signs long-term contract extension

Jayden Short has committed his long-term future to Richmond with a five-year deal.

By Richmond Media - 1 hr ago

Dual premiership Tiger and Jack Dyer Medallist Jayden Short has committed his long-term future to Richmond, inking a five-year deal to remain at the Club.

The contract extension will see the 26-year-old, who has played 121 games since being selected in the 2014 rookie draft, tied to Richmond until the end of 2027.

Short, who qualified as a free agent under AFL rules, has started 2022 in outstanding form, averaging 28 disposals (No. 1 at Richmond) and five rebounds per game.

The 2020 best and fairest winner said it was hard to see himself playing anywhere other than Richmond.

“It is really exciting. I am very lucky and grateful for the Club giving me a long-term contract,” he said.

“I want to repay the Club; I have had some very good times here already, and I am looking forward to the next five years.”

Short said he had been fortunate to be drafted to Richmond, giving him a chance to learn from a host of seasoned professionals.

“I started as a small little chubby kid, probably just trying to find my way, and I have had some great people around me that have taught me how to be an AFL footballer,” he said.

“It has been a good journey and something I am very proud of; now I am looking forward to building on that and continuing to try and get better each year.”

Richmond General Manager- Football Talent, Blair Hartley, said it was pleasing to secure Short’s signature for the long-term.

“Jayden has been a consistent performer for us across recent years, and this contract extension is a reward for his application across that period,” he added.

“He plays football the Richmond way and is a popular teammate and person around the football club. We are looking forward to seeing him continue to improve his game across the next five years.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1118844/short-signs-long-term-contract-extension
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #664 on: May 06, 2022, 11:02:12 AM »
Its good he signed but 5 years? 3 would have been about right. 4 if a compromise was needed but 5 seems too long for me for a player like short.

Offline MaccaDacca

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #665 on: May 06, 2022, 11:18:13 AM »
As a free agent he would have been offered long terms by other clubs - 5 years is perfect imo.

Great news that our new star midfielder has committed long term!!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jayden Short signs new 5-year deal [update]
« Reply #666 on: May 06, 2022, 12:46:54 PM »
“It is really exciting. I am very lucky and grateful for the Club giving me a long-term contract,” Short said.

“I want to repay the Club; I have had some very good times here already, and I am looking forward to the next five years.”

Short said he had been fortunate to be drafted to Richmond, giving him a chance to learn from a host of seasoned professionals.

“I started as a small little chubby kid, probably just trying to find my way, and I have had some great people around me that have taught me how to be an AFL footballer,” he said.

“It has been a good journey and something I am very proud of; now I am looking forward to building on that and continuing to try and get better each year.”

Richmond General Manager- Football Talent, Blair Hartley, said it was pleasing to secure Short’s signature for the long-term.

“Jayden has been a consistent performer for us across recent years, and this contract extension is a reward for his application across that period,” he added.

“He plays football the Richmond way and is a popular teammate and person around the football club. We are looking forward to seeing him continue to improve his game across the next five years.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1118844

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #667 on: May 06, 2022, 12:55:27 PM »
Dio will be rapt

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #668 on: May 06, 2022, 01:03:56 PM »
No issue with 5 years in the current FA environment
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #669 on: May 06, 2022, 01:29:11 PM »
Good outcome.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #670 on: May 06, 2022, 02:23:24 PM »
Have to be happy with this. Loosing players to FA is a huge issue.

Short is a B+F winner, one of our best users, longest ball carrier, and very durable. Be interested on how much $.

For those worried about a rebuild phase having him contracted gives us options
Go Tigers!

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #671 on: May 06, 2022, 06:20:13 PM »
5 years sheesh.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #672 on: May 07, 2022, 07:25:21 AM »
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #673 on: May 07, 2022, 06:13:42 PM »
Big deal, big performance

With the ink still drying on the five-year deal he signed on Friday morning, Jayden Short put a full stop on a momentous week for the gamebreaker. The 26-year-old burst out the blocks at the MCG and celebrated a big week in style, amassing 27 disposals, six inside 50s and 708 metres gained. The 2020 Jack Dyer Medal winner has established himself as one of Richmond's most damaging players across the past 24 months.

Source: AFL website

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #674 on: May 07, 2022, 06:43:53 PM »
Gun
Gun
Gun